DoggCrapp Training Feedback

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
I've seen a lot of people mentioning this training method lately and I'm thinking of giving it a go. I just wanted to get a general consensus on how this has been working for those who have tried it. Thanks.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Best training I've used while ON. Best training while off too. Hitting body parts more often, albeit at lower volume (NOT LOWER INTENSITY), is in my experience, the very best way to grow fast.

The workouts are short, but very intense. You need a spotter on many/most sets...that's just how it is. If you're not the type of person that wants to go hard every workout, bar none, forget Doggcrapp. It's not for everyone. If every time in the gym you're the person who is constantly trying to go up, lift more, and focus on a goal, it's for you. Again, not for everybody.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
check out the workout logs subforum. There are a ton of DC logs. I like it :thumbsup:
the workouts are a lot of fun.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've done a variation of his training minus the stretches and it's good stuff :)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I like doing a push/pull/off/leg split for DC. Hit each bodypart with 3 working sets to failure (keep in mind back width and thickness are 2 bp's)

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Best training i've ever done hands down. Haven't had the chance to do it while on but i can say it's definitely an awesome way to train when your natural.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I like it...strength comes quick! Definitely worth a shot.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what exercises does he recommend for back thickness?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
what exercises does he recommend for back thickness?
Deadlifts and diff variation of rows.

I do a modified version and really like it especially the split and frequency. As far as being "on" or not, I don't see how that matters. If it doesn't work while your "off" then it won't work while your "on" and vice versa. IMHO

longtom74

Awards
Is this similar to West Side? If your warming up with so many sets arent you adding volume?

Just trying to get a good understanding

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Well normally you increase the volume when your on gear, well most do anyway. But i think the results would just be faster on gear that's all.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts and diff variation of rows.

I do a modified version and really like it especially the split and frequency. As far as being "on" or not, I don't see how that matters. If it doesn't work while your "off" then it won't work while your "on" and vice versa. IMHO
Hey BP, do you find that you can effectively avert overtraining btwn DC and martial arts?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Hey BP, do you find that you can effectively avert overtraining btwn DC and martial arts?
Yes and no. I find that I need to take a week off more frequently than I did with a higher volume program and I go less than full intensity on some workouts namely legs as bouncing around sparring and kicking take a surprising toll on them already. I am also doing a slightly modified version that I got from Glen. Not as many warmups and 3 working sets with increasing weight vs just one with RP's or statics although I typically try and hold a static or at least an exaggerated negative on the last rep. We will see how it goes now that I am incorporating more cardio back into the mix. Last cut I used the same split but instead of increasing weights each set I would only rest 60 seconds with the same weight and would effectively hit my desired rep ranges without having weight increases. My heartrate remained elevated the entire workout this way as well which is a plus while cutting. One more thing to note is my rep ranges are 8-10, 6-8 and 2-4 for the escalating weight in the sets vs some of the higher reps I see y'all doin in your logs. I don't know if that would push me towards overtraining more or not.

Ok, too much juice, T3, caffeine and ephedrine for me. I'll stop typing now. :D

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is this similar to West Side? If your warming up with so many sets arent you adding volume?

Just trying to get a good understanding

completely different, westside is geared more towards powerlifting and dc was originally geared towards bbing. beelze made a nice transformation and made it for strength training. but most strength guys(powerlifters) dont do it

and a warmup isnt meant to be hard, just get blood moving, joints warm, and cns primed.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Bp that doesn't sound modified, that's not DC anymore, the whole point is to do 1 set to failure rest pause, then do static reps and intense stretches. And to increase your weights/reps each week and cycle through exercises. I'm not saying their is anything wrong with what your doing i just don't think that can be called DC training anymore.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Would it be ok to train DC style on a cut?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Bp that doesn't sound modified, that's not DC anymore, the whole point is to do 1 set to failure rest pause, then do static reps and intense stretches. And to increase your weights/reps each week and cycle through exercises. I'm not saying their is anything wrong with what your doing i just don't think that can be called DC training anymore.
Heh, maybe so. The split, frequency and overall volume remain as I do somewhere between ~13-20 reps per exercise just split between 3 weight ascending sets vs one with RP/static. I still do some statics, controlled eccentric, intense stretching and I up the weight or reps every workout, if I stall, the exercise changes. Overall I think this style has more in common with DC than not thus the "modified" designation. But hey, from now on we'll call this "BP" training, has a nice ring. :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Would it be ok to train DC style on a cut?
Doing it right now. Still hitting PR's about 80% of the time, and that is while doing manual labor in sweltering heat.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't tried it yet, but plan on doing so once I heal up a couple of injuries that I'm working around right now. I just wouldn't be able to properly put in the balls out intensity necessary in my current condition.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhhhhhh ok, ya BP i would consider that modified DC training then,

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I'm jumping on the DC bandwagon...I'm gonna try it whilst cutting. will report in every so often.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm eating at around maintenance and honestly your body has no choice but to grow because you are ALWAYS challenging it.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Excellent. I hope to try a dc stype training program here in a couple weeks. Im going to try it while cutting.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
So I tried it for about 6 weeks and hit a couple plateaus. I had to take a week off and an easy week due to slight injuries. I'm gonna give it another 6 and decide whether or not I wanna switch back to 1 muscle group a day with moderate volume. Anything new guys?

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
If my goals were strictly bodybuilding oriented, I would never even look at another program. Ever. As my goals are a bit different than most, Im going to spend time rotating between DC and WSBB. After I squat a grand, perhaps Ill change my mind.

Jason

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've been using the Bumblebizzle hybrid modification of DC for a bit now. Strength definitely surges forward quickly. It's prettty gratifying to hit PR's every single session. The stretches start to really compell you to push yourself as well. If you are stalling in gains, primarily in strength, then DC or a modification of it, is for you.

Sincerely,
Your mother

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I was stagnant in gains in size and strength, till i found DC and now i'm hitting personal bests every workout, and i haven't used it on cycle yet! Your always getting stronger so the size will creep on ya as well, the first month i did it just eating at maintenance i gained 4lbs of muscle. It just makes training fun again instead of just goign throw the paces. And you can't take it easy on yourself because your always having to beat your previous weights. The stretches are awesome as well they really help recovery and i found new roundness and fullness to my muscle bellies from the.