Sprinting in Routine

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I've read articles on the release of gh during sprinting and how it could help with gains. What would be a good way to incorporate this into my routine? After I do a leg day, i'm usually sore for 3 days. So I don't think it would be plausible to sprint on those days without risking injury. I would like to manipulate the hormones released in sprinting to help my routine. If this could even be be possible... I realize this is far-fetched, but I am willing to try it to see its benefits. I was thinking of something along the line of all out sprints for 30 seconds, followed by 2-3 minutes rest, and then repeating that 4-5 times. And possibly do that in the mornings 3 days a week.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
I cant really help you with adding them into your routine, bc I don;t know your routine, but just a warning, if you're not used to sprinting and you start doing it, your legs are gonna be sore as hell after the first couple sessions.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Do you think sprinting could aid in muscle hypertrophy? if it releases short bursts of gh, wouldnt this help?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading about this guy who would do a set of squats, sprint 100m, set of squats, sprint 100m and so forth. If anything I'd imagine it would get your legs nicely pumped and build up endurance.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Do you think sprinting could aid in muscle hypertrophy? if it releases short bursts of gh, wouldnt this help?
It's possible, I know it will help lower bf%.

Sprinters are almost always ripped, and I beleive higher levels of GH are associated with lower levels or cortisol and inturn lower BF%.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I sprint I'll sprint for 40 yds. Then 100 yds. Then 400 yds. Then I'll do the same only running backwards. Then I'll do 100 yards of lunges forward and reverse. Then I'll do 100 yards of mario jumps. Then 100 yards of karaokes. Then I'll run a mile with butt kickers where I will kick my butt as I run to stretch the quadricep in order to get a longer stride for faster sprinting.

nattheoriginal

Awards
i do treadmill sprints instead of running, just because i find it works better for me and it seems time passes alot quicker. what i do is set the treadmill setting to say 10-12 sprint for 20 seconds and rest for 40 then repeat that for 30 minutes.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i do treadmill sprints instead of running, just because i find it works better for me and it seems time passes alot quicker. what i do is set the treadmill setting to say 10-12 sprint for 20 seconds and rest for 40 then repeat that for 30 minutes.
Yeah I guess that would be good for fat burning. But when it comes to getting good at whipping ass on sprinting. You gotta sprint on the pavement because that's where you incorporate every muscle and actual body-in-motion physics. Sprinting is an interesting type of athletic genre that really peaks my interest. Esp. when Ben Johnson got busted for Winstrol. For example. I sprint for 2-3 Minutes straight on a treadmill at 14 mph. But on the pavement that's a different story. It's a little tougher in 100 degree heat wind against you and the pavement that doesn't roll along.

charliewat

Awards
When I sprint I'll sprint for 40 yds. Then 100 yds. Then 400 yds. Then I'll do the same only running backwards. Then I'll do 100 yards of lunges forward and reverse. Then I'll do 100 yards of mario jumps. Then 100 yards of karaokes. Then I'll run a mile with butt kickers where I will kick my butt as I run to stretch the quadricep in order to get a longer stride for faster sprinting.

Are you training for a triathlon or something? Thats a lot of damn running.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been doing sprints every sunday this summer, and it's really put a lot of definition in my legs, I can't really tell if it's put any additional size on them though.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
have any of you ever used the X-vest before? I was thinking about using it or some other weighted vest to use for interval training on a treadmill or elliptical.

Xvest - Adjustable Weighted Vest
I've thought about it but I usually just wind up putting on my SCBA (Self - contained breathing apparatus) air pack on and go sprinting in that. It weighs about 45 or so or more sometimes 80 pounds depending what else I pack on to it. A weight vest would be nice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Invulnerabledr Training Forum 12
Training Forum 13
Anabolics 14
Training Forum 10
Training Forum 8