pros and cons - plasma donation

warrenmystics

Awards
I consider myself a beginner when it comes to weight training; I have been lifting 4-6x a week, integrating a day of cardio, for several months now. I've also been taking in close to 3k calories per day.

I've been trying to find information/articles regarding the effects of donating plasma on size and strength gains. I've read that it can kill your endurance during lift days for weeks after donation. I also read a study in which the doctor found that donation can be beneficial to long-term endurance.

Has anyone had experience with this issue or come across a relating article?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I've donated both blood and plasma and other than that particualr day didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. No way in hell I would go through that painful **** unless we're talking some serious differences. Giving plasma sucks ass.

Korrupted

Awards
I've donated both blood and plasma and other than that particualr day didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. No way in hell I would go through that painful **** unless we're talking some serious differences. Giving plasma sucks ass.
What's the difference between giving blood and plasma as far as what you have to do? I have donated doing the Power Red donation, where they take your blood, pull out the red cells and re-insert the white cells into you blood. It took longer than a regular donation but the pain was the same.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The time I donated plasma the needle was a hell of a lot bigger and hurt :) Enough so that I haven't done it since.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
My friend regularly gives plasma twice a week. The people that insert the needles are these hot 23-something year olds that're doing it so it helps them towards their career or something. Anyway, sometimes the lady would insert the needle incorrect and strike a nerve but other than that, he's been lifting normally. But the days they hit a nerve, he doesn't lift the arm too much.