Help w/ Squats!

Trench

Awards
For some odd reason, every single time I do squats, I get extremely nauseated after completing the 2nd or 3rd set. And today, it was so bad, I could not finish my workout nor down my post-shake. It did go away about 15 minutes later though. Does anyone know how to prevent or overcome nausea when doing squats? Thanks.

-Trench

SXULB52

Awards
I get nauseated too from squats. Try not eating within atleast an hour, and breath reagularly during the lift. Also, check the placement of the bar on your back, if it is too high it will cut off a little oxygen flow to the brain and make you feel nauseated.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Good points, also, you may possible be anemic(sp?), or low blood pressure? The breathing is probably the culprit though. Try not to hold your breath at all during your work out, you most likely will have to lower the weight, but you won't feel crappy.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
eat 2 pieces of fruit 30-45 minutes before you workout, no protein just the fruit and any supps you may have

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
eat 2 pieces of fruit 30-45 minutes before you workout, no protein just the fruit and any supps you may have
Good call, sometimes when I am low on carbs during a work out I feel sluggish and I get a headache.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Low BP or can be sudden loss of blood sugar due to the energy needed to do squats. You should up your carbs on leg days and keep some high glycemic food ready in case you need it.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to have a similar problem with deadlifts, except I'd go the whole 9 yards and barf all over the bar in the middle of a set (yum). Try making your pre-workout meal something small and light, and eat it at least 45 minutes before you start to lift.