AM ladies show me your.....

redraiderdave

Awards
  • Established
Ladies show me you current training routine. A couple of lady friends of mine currently lift about 3 days a week and love their cardio. Just would like to see what variations of training you use and where you have had the most success. Which programs/excercises do you find most beneficial for toning. I would like to share what additional information I find to help them in thier progress.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. All my girlfrieds are tired of seeing male centric stuff.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You know - when I read this title, I could only think of one end to that sentance.... :ntome:

Yes - I'm a pig.
Oink.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You know - when I read this title, I could only think of one end to that sentance.... :ntome:

Yes - I'm a pig.
Oink.
I'm with you on that, but when I saw the actual end I saw the value. We dfinitely need more women telling other women to put down the ****ing 5 pound weights and start lifting.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm with you on that, but when I saw the actual end I saw the value. We dfinitely need more women telling other women to put down the ****ing 5 pound weights and start lifting.
BUMP.

I think it's hot when a lady racks up the Leg Press Machine with 3 45's on each side and pushes it.:woohoo:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. The whole argument of "If I start lifting, I'll end up looking like a linebacker!" makes me laugh my butt off.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. The whole argument of "If I start lifting, I'll end up looking like a linebacker!" makes me laugh my butt off.
No ****, most of us guys can't do that.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you want a fill list of each workout or just suggestions?
I run a 3 day split:
push - tri's and delts
pull - bi's and back
leg and abs

I do this twice a week, so 6 days on, then one day rest.

As for cardio, I do martial arts every day, plus rollerblade and walk daily with my dogs.

As far as lifting routines go, its pretty much the same as for the guys, lift as much weight as you can so that you struggle to finish 3 sets of 10 reps.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh and I don't think I look anything like a linebacker :)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Toning is for little girls :) I play with the big boys in the gym :D

I have a 4 day routine

mon- chest-shoulders-abs-cardio
tues-off
wed- biceps/triceps-abs-cardio
thur-off
fri- legs-abs
sat-off
sun- back-abs-cardio

works great for me :)

redraiderdave

Awards
  • Established
Which excercises are you using for delts and legs. I see alot a girls doing high rep lunges with light weight do you find these beneficial? thanks for sharing.

BTW, the Cowboys are looking for linebackers you should try out....J/K you look great and are proof that girls who lift will not end up looking like ronnie coleman.

Do you want a fill list of each workout or just suggestions?
I run a 3 day split:
push - tri's and delts
pull - bi's and back
leg and abs

I do this twice a week, so 6 days on, then one day rest.

As for cardio, I do martial arts every day, plus rollerblade and walk daily with my dogs.

As far as lifting routines go, its pretty much the same as for the guys, lift as much weight as you can so that you struggle to finish 3 sets of 10 reps.

redraiderdave

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, any shoulder excercises you recommend, I find it hard to convince girls that it's OK to do shoulder presses. Also, do you incorporate compound movements such as deadlifts and squats. I workout out with a girl whos routine every other days includes deads, sl deads, good mornings, and squats. She uses these excercises at least twice a week and finds them very beneficial. On off days do you do any cardio at all or just take full rest. Thanks for sharing and good to see girls that aren't afraid to move the iron.

Toning is for little girls :) I play with the big boys in the gym :D

I have a 4 day routine

mon- chest-shoulders-abs-cardio
tues-off
wed- biceps/triceps-abs-cardio
thur-off
fri- legs-abs
sat-off
sun- back-abs-cardio

works great for me :)

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Which excercises are you using for delts and legs. I see alot a girls doing high rep lunges with light weight do you find these beneficial? thanks for sharing.
Delts:
Back Flyes with cable crossover
Bent over low pulley with cable
Front and side dumbell raises
Shoulder press on machine
Seated barbell military press

Legs
Barbell Squat to a bench
Barbell deadlift
Leg extensions
Leg press
Thigh abductor machine
Thigh adductor machine
Weighted calf raises
Standing leg curl with cable

Same rule applies, three sets of 10 reps for each, with a weight high enough to struggle through the last set.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks good, any shoulder excercises you recommend, I find it hard to convince girls that it's OK to do shoulder presses. Also, do you incorporate compound movements such as deadlifts and squats. I workout out with a girl whos routine every other days includes deads, sl deads, good mornings, and squats. She uses these excercises at least twice a week and finds them very beneficial. On off days do you do any cardio at all or just take full rest. Thanks for sharing and good to see girls that aren't afraid to move the iron.

Well for shoulders I do:

DB Military presses
Lateral Raises
Upright rows
DB rear lateral raises
Front lateral raises
Throw in Shrugs

chest-

Bench press
db flyes
incline bench
decline bench

For legs:

leg press
SLDL on platform
Hack Squat
Leg extension
Leg curl
calf raises

Biceps/triceps

Barbell curls
preacher curls
hammer curls

tricep-

Kickbacks
tricep pushdown
one arm tri extension
skull crushers

back-
lat pulldown- wide grip- close grip
one arm DB bent over rows
t-bar rows
barbell rows
seated cable rows

I do abs every workout, hanging leg raises, and weighted crunches.

I do everything with free weights, dumbbells as much as possible except for leg ext & leg curls.

I lift as heavy as possible 3 sets of 6 till I get to 10 reps then I raise the weight.

Course you must eat clean and get plenty of calories to feed new muscle growth, otherwise you will just tone.

redraiderdave

Awards
  • Established
Thigh abductor machine
Thigh adductor machine
QUOTE]

I am man enough to admit I use these machines on a routine basis.

Wow, both you girls have lengthy and strenuous leg workouts like most girls I know. I'm guessing it stems from the fear of mother cellulite.

I will defenitely share this with my lady friends, especially the shoulder workout suggestions. Again thanks for taking the time to share your workouts.

take care

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
BUMP.

I think it's hot when a lady racks up the Leg Press Machine with 3 45's on each side and pushes it.:woohoo:
hey! i can do that! i recently got up to three 45s and one 25 on each side:woohoo:

maybe kwych can take "proof pics" of that tonight......

so hmm.... i use the:
leg press
glute press (i worship this machine)
leg extensions

thats not the greatest leg pic.... but its the only one of legs on my photobucket right now......