How many days a week to you lift?

How many days a week do you lift weights?

Votes: 2 0.3%

Votes: 8 1.1%

Votes: 165 21.7%

Votes: 245 32.3%

Votes: 224 29.5%

Votes: 96 12.6%

Votes: 19 2.5%

• Total voters
CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
How many days a week do you lift weights?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Usually ends up being three. 1on1off-1on1off-1on1off-2off repeat

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
4 day split here

Sun - Chest/Tris/Abs
Mon - Legs
Wed - Delts/Bi's/Abs
Fri - Back/Abs

Cardio each w/o day. I know you really wanted my split routine. Who can blame ya? :D

theragingbull

Awards
Six on One off been doing this for 10 years have made alot of gains but it should be what ever you feel good with.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing
Day 1: Chest/Back Width/Delts/Back Thickness/Tris
Day 2: Bis/Calves/Forearms
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Quads/Hams/Abs
Day 5: Rest
REPEAT

I end up with at least 4, usually 5, sessions per week. I'm sure I could get away with less, but I absolutely love going to the gym, and would probably physically assault students w/o the proper outlet to vent my frustration. I end up being an extremely patient teacher :D

The above split is my tweak to DC training. I only do one exercise per bodypart each workout, but hit everything 3 times using different exercised over the course of 15 days. Me gusta mucho :head:

moflika

Awards

Mon: Chest/Bi/Abs
Tues: Legs/Lower Back
Weds: Cardio/Abs
Thurs: Delts/Tris
Fri: Back/Forearms/Abs
Sat: Cardio
Sun: Rest

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
DC like program. Rotate between 2 on 1 off and 1 on 1 off. Basically either 4 or 5 days ew, not including cardio sessions.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Only 1-2 days for me. It's all I can afford right now. Hit only major bodyparts, no arms, abs, neck, other little ****... Go to failure, 6-9 sets. Works for me for now...

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Only 1-2 days for me. It's all I can afford right now. Hit only major bodyparts, no arms, abs, neck, other little ****... Go to failure, 6-9 sets. Works for me for now...
Do you pay per time for your workouts? Why not get a monthly membership instead (if you dont have it already).

Im in the gym 5days a week, other than that can't really say my workouts (Im training with a clown right now).

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Usually 5 days a week,
Monday chest + cardio
Tuesday bi's & tri's + cardio
Wednesday legs
Thursday shoulders + cardio
Friday back + cardio
Saturday cardio
Sunday :pizza: :hot: :burg: hehehe

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Do you pay per time for your workouts? Why not get a monthly membership instead (if you dont have it already).

Im in the gym 5days a week, other than that can't really say my workouts (Im training with a clown right now).
Oh, I didn't mean I can't afford moneywise, I'm friends with owner and have 24/7 access and most of the time I'm the only one in the gym, kind of nice. But I'm too busy/tired to workout more often.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh, I didn't mean I can't afford moneywise, I'm friends with owner and have 24/7 access and most of the time I'm the only one in the gym, kind of nice. But I'm too busy/tired to workout more often.

I hear ya with the time problem. When Im working and getting close to 50hours in its hard as hell to get in and still have time to go out with friends and just relax it seems.

mnickerson

mnickerson

Board Supporter
Awards
5 days/week

Day1 - Legs
Day2 - Chest
Day3 - Shoulders/Abs
Day4 - Off
Day5 - Back
Day6 - Arms/Abs
Day7 - Off

Sometimes I do 3 days on 2 days off

Day1 - Legs/Abs
Day2 - Chest/Shoulders
Day3 - Back/Arms
Day4 - Off
Day5 - Off

ICEBERG

Awards
5 Days

Chest/Tris
Bis/ Back/Lower back/ Abs (biceps before back is insane but the idea is that once you get to Back- you use your Back muscles rather than your arms to move the weight)
Legs
Shoulders/Abs
Triceps/Biceps

I don't do cardio because it kills my size and strength. I reach a fat burning BP during my weight training. I am still not sold on not doing cardio but I have shredded down to 11% BF from 19% in January.

BPB

Awards
Out of curiosity, how bad is it for you to lift 7 days a week? If diet is spot on, split is chest, back, shoulders, hams, quads, bi's, tri's(not in this particular order) and roughly 6-8 hours of sleep a night. I have always been able to handle high volume and or frequency, but i really am not trying to fry the cns.

I am also working at lowes in the lumber department...biceps and front delts are worked a bit there.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5 days
back
chest
legs
arms
shoulders

abs 3x a week cardio 6 I have to move my muscle groups around depending on if I training muay thai or mma that night some days

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 times a day 6-7 days a week now. trying something a bit new i've never done before.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established

His routine would be typical for "Hardgainer" style routines promoted by Stuart McRobert. Honestly, if more people gave them a shot there'd be a lot more satisfied bodybuilders. I was one of the unlucky people who inherited crappy genetics and trained 4-5 days per week for years without results. Then finally, someone put me on to Stuarts book and I'm finally hitting near the 200 pound body mass mark with 300+ bench, 400+ squat..... for reps.

cdc1917

Awards
3 days a week for me

legs
off
push
off
pull
off
off

Thinking of dropping a rest day and going with every second day off.

Cracker2

Awards
I prefer to do 5 days a week but frequently only make it 4 because of work or the kids etc.

Mon Back, light bi's and forearms
Tues delts and calves
Wed Legs
Thurs Chest
Friday arms

I throw cardio in at the gym when ever I can spare the time and usually run a couple of miles 2 times a week after work. My routine has been close to this with slight variations for the past 4 years.

Cracker2

Awards
2 times a day 6-7 days a week now. trying something a bit new i've never done before.

Dude, are you going pro. :) My wife would kill me if I was at the gym that much. I do it while she sleeps as it is. There is no way I could fit that many in while she sleeps. I would certainly lose some BF% if I did this. Are you sure you are not overtraining?

C2

Cracker2

Awards
His routine would be typical for "Hardgainer" style routines promoted by Stuart McRobert. Honestly, if more people gave them a shot there'd be a lot more satisfied bodybuilders. I was one of the unlucky people who inherited crappy genetics and trained 4-5 days per week for years without results. Then finally, someone put me on to Stuarts book and I'm finally hitting near the 200 pound body mass mark with 300+ bench, 400+ squat..... for reps.
Are you referring to a routine where less time is spent in the gym? I have noticed, at times where I have had several consecutive days away from the gym, feeling much stronger than expected upon my return. I will check out Stuart McRobert and see what I find.

c2

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Are you referring to a routine where less time is spent in the gym? I have noticed, at times where I have had several consecutive days away from the gym, feeling much stronger than expected upon my return. I will check out Stuart McRobert and see what I find.

c2
Exactly. However Stuart's work is based on low volume and reduced frequency. It's literally based on the idea of doing just enough work to stimulate muscle growth and nothing more. Whole body workouts twice a week are the name of the game.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Right now it's 4 just so I can keep the number of exercises per workout around 2-3.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
4 day split ala Westside Barbell. :good:

Cracker2

Awards
Exactly. However Stuart's work is based on low volume and reduced frequency. It's literally based on the idea of doing just enough work to stimulate muscle growth and nothing more. Whole body workouts twice a week are the name of the game.
Thanks. Sounds interesting. I will look into it and may give it a try to see how it works for me.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
6-7 days a week, heavy/light rotated
Legs/Stomach
Chest
arms/calves
Back/stomach
Shoulders
arms
Legs/stomach

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, once is after work and my wife is at work and the other is on the way to work and my wife is at work :) And I pay attention as much as I can when training so I don't overtrain. If I feel worn then i'll just work some abs or do a lot of stretches or hit some exercises that I missed before due to time etc.

Week 1
Work Days
Mon 630-730am 4-530pm
Tue 630-730am 4-530pm
Non Work Days
Wed 1.5-2 hours at some time
Thu 1.5-2 hours at some time
Work Days
Fri 630-730am 4-530pm
Sat 630-730am 4-530pm
Sun 630-730am 4-530pm

Week 2
Non Work Days
Mon 1.5-2 hours at some time
Tue 1.5-2 hours at some time
Work Days
Wed 630-730am 4-530pm
Thu 630-730am 4-530pm
Non Work Days
Fri 1.5-2 hours at some time
Sat 1.5-2 hours at some time
Sun 1.5-2 hours at some time

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
mon - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
tues - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
wed- off
thurs - same as monday
fri - same as tuesday
sat - off
sun - off

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mon - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
tues - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
wed- off
thurs - same as monday
fri - same as tuesday
sat - off
sun - off

So your working chest 2x a week how is that going or have you been doing that for a while I used to do 2x a week than switched to 1x a week for each bodypart. weird thing is on 2x a week my weight/reps would go up quicker but not my max lifts. like on Bench I could do 3x6 at a higher weight quicker but my Max stayed stagnant for longer periods?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
been doing it since october-ish this past year. not a typical program though, one exercise per bodypart, most popularly (sp?) known as DC training.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
been doing it since october-ish this past year. not a typical program though, one exercise per bodypart, most popularly (sp?) known as DC training.

OH ok i have read a couple articles on DC training. Thanks for the reply

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
DC training? Sounds like an off-shoot of Mentzer/Yates type training, I'll have to study up on it. Beelzebub are familar with those and is it close or something completely different.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
DC training? Sounds like an off-shoot of Mentzer/Yates type training, I'll have to study up on it. Beelzebub are familar with those and is it close or something completely different.
Well, it's similar to heavy duty in the sense that it is very intense and brief but that's about where it ends. DC preaches very intense training for very low volume so that frequency can be high. Herein lies the key difference. Mentzer kinda went off the deep end when in came to frequency and DC kinda picked up the pieces.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Well, it's similar to heavy duty in the sense that it is very intense and brief but that's about where it ends. DC preaches very intense training for very low volume so that frequency can be high. Herein lies the key difference. Mentzer kinda went off the deep end when in came to frequency and DC kinda picked up the pieces.
Aaah, thanks, I always hated Heavy Duty, and I doubt I would respond well to this either, I'm a volume kinda guy. But sounds interesting I'll have to read up on it. Never can know too much!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Since I've become so 'anti-bodybuilding' and by that I mean the 1-2 body part training days (not the nutrition aspect). I refuse to assign myself to any sort of split, school/work wouldn't allow anyway. All you need is 3 solid days in my book and a 7 solid diet days. Stay active in the other days if possible.

I've a got a broken leg and a 36 inch waist so what do i know these days? :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
4 days suits me perfect...3 is good too, so I'm with ya. No need to be in there 5-6days/wk. that just sucks.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Usually 4 to 5 days here. Training has been max-ot style. May switch up to DC in a few weeks though.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
IMO, with low volume stuff like DC I notice my small bodyparts like arms and shoulders tend to lag. Keep that in mind when you start.

I know its against the rules but I do about 4-6 sets of each bodypart every workout (straight set usually, some rest pause) and I do the MTu ThF routine and I have no problem with recovery. I bring it up just to keep in mind if you're not seeing size increases in certain areas. For the big bodyparts, low volume high frequency really kicks ass. But, i think (opposite of the thoughts of many, including bobo) that low volume on arms and shoulders is a mistake and from my experience it is hyped up too much.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
4 days a week,I work three days a week 12 1/2 hours each day and have 4 days off each week. I only workout on my off days which works out great.

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
4 days a week for me. I try and get two good work outs on my days off which rotate every other week. Then try to squeeze two more in on the days I have to work.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Alright, we're postin' our split? lol Here ya go:

Monday:
Chest and Abs

Tuesday:
Quads, Hams, Calves

Wednesday:
Shoulders/Traps, Triceps, Abs

Thursday:
Back and Calves

Friday:
Arms and Forearms

On the cut I run 30 minutes on the road upon rising and 30 minutes on a treadmill after my workout Mon.-Fri. with a 30-60 minute session of running on the road on Saturday. Building... well, not so much. lol Maybe 20 minutes on a treadmill every other day after my lifting. Maybe.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established

I did this when I first started working out years ago. It was 2x/day Monday-Friday

I'm 5'7" and went from a chubby 220, down to 153, then back up to 165@ 5.5% bf in about a year.

h19