Awards
  • Established
GVT & Superdrol Cycle

My stats:
6'1''
190 lbs.
7 Years training experience
2nd cycle

I have been looking at the best routines for putting on as much size as I can during my cycle and I think I am going to use German Volume Training (GVT).
Can anyone give me feedback about the results they gained while using this program and if it is the best for adding muscle mass while taking superdrol.

My goal is to add as much size as possible. My diet is going to be 4000 calories/day, 500 g carb, 250 g protein, and no more than 120 g fat.

:squat:

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Here is routine I plan on doing:

Day 1: (Chest/Back)
A1:Flat Barbell Bench: 10x10 Tempo: 4-0-2 Rest: 90 sec.
A2:Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 10x10 Tempo: 4-0-2 Rest: 90 sec.
B1: Decline Dumbell Flyes: 3x10-12 Tempo: 3-0-2 Rest: 60 sec.
B2:One Arm Dumbell Rows: 3x10-12 Tempo: 3-0-2 Rest: 60 sec.

Day 2: (Legs/Abs)
A1:Back Squats: 10x10 Tempo: 4-0-2 Rest: 90 sec.
A2:Lying Leg Curls: 10x10 Tempo: 4-0-2 Rest: 90 sec.
B1:Hanging Leg Raises: 3x15-20 Tempo: 2-0-2 Rest: 60 sec.
B2: Standing Calf Raises: 3x15-20 Tempo: 2-0-2 Rest: 60 sec.

Day 3: (OFF)

Day 4: (Arms/Shoulders)
A1:parallel Bar Dips: 10x10 Tempo 4-0-2 Rest: 90 sec.
A2: EZ Bar Curls 10x10 Tempo 4-0-2 Rest: 90 sec.
B1: Lateral Raises: 3x10-12 Tempo 2-0-X Rest: 60 sec.
B2: Bent Over Lateral Raises: 3x10-12 Tempo 2-0-X Rest: 60 sec.

"X" in the tempo means to move as fast as possible, keeping the weight under control.

Day 5: (OFF)

*This is a 5 day cycle to be repeated for 6 cycles, or 30 days. I feel this is perfect with my upcoming superdrol cycle. I am contemplating running it for 4 weeks at 10mg.

I am wondering if I should switch the exercises every week, and if I should superset or do each exercise in succession. Thanks to everyone ror their feedback. You guys have already helped me a lot in discovering how maintain a muscle building diet, and my knowledge of supplements/steroids has since multiplied infinately.

Please critque this, all feedback welcome, positive and negative.:squat:

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
You should look into HST (Hypertrophy-Specific Training), since hypertrophy is your main goal.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I did, but the program is too long for my cycle. GVT looked like it fit perfectly into my short 4 week superdrol cycle. I am still considering HST as well. Thanks!

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
your link doesnt work, and a 4 week superdrol cycle and the majority of your weight will be water especially eating 500 grams of carbs a day. i dont know what your weight is but unless you are 125lbs you need to up your protein by a lot and change your setxrep scheme up

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
I did, but the program is too long for my cycle. GVT looked like it fit perfectly into my short 4 week superdrol cycle. I am still considering HST as well. Thanks!
Well, I wouldn't really worry about the 15 rep range while on cycle, you don't need to follow the routine exactly, just use some of the principals, choose your own exercises and such.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
From my understanding, the majority of my weight will be glycogen storage, (from the carbs) and its important to eat alot of carbs to avoid going HYPOglycemic. Correct me if I am wrong.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From my understanding, the majority of my weight will be glycogen storage, (from the carbs) and its important to eat alot of carbs to avoid going HYPOglycemic. Correct me if I am wrong.

you will definately need to keep carbs high but you need protein to build muscle, how much do you weigh

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Well, I wouldn't really worry about the 15 rep range while on cycle, you don't need to follow the routine exactly, just use some of the principals, choose your own exercises and such.
So are you saying just start with the 10 rep, then go with the 5 rep range. I guess my major question is would a program designed specifically for my cycle be best, or something more long term be better. Seeing how summer just started I want to put on more mass as I just cut down to aroudn 6-7% BF. I know a lot of you might say thats too low, but I just finished my last season of track and I have been doing it since my freshman year in high school. I just finished my last season in college, so that was 9 years of intense cardio year round. In the past I have done BF testing using this little machine that is placed on your biceps and it came out around 6-7%, and just this last semester when I was out of shape and I hadn't run all summer I was at 9%. I am much leaner now, my girlfriend can't stop giving me comments about my abs.
Sorry I got a little off topic, but has anyone had success with GVT during an oral methyl cycle?

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I weight 190 lbs, its at the top. I edited my first post.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'd up your protein to 400 on workout days and 350 on nonwo days, that's if you want to pack on mass, as long as you are doing cardio and lifting you wont get fat

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
No cardio for me, I am trying to put on size and with my metabolism any cardio will take away from my size gains. Also, the lower back pumps are rediculous while taking supedrol, so there is another reason to not be doing cardio.
I took in just over 200g last time I cycled superdrol and gained 12 lbs. in 3 weeks.
Does anyone else share in his opinion of 350-400g of protein?

rocketscientist

Awards
Well - just my 2 cents - there is no 'best' training routine.

Any routine in the say (pretty randomly) 3-15 rep range with challenging weight will give you great gains, but it pretty much depends on how you worked out before switching routines.

Say you've been working the 5 reps range for the last two years. I guess you'd be surprised with the results you get when you start doing 12 reps per set. The only point is, no matter what you do, work it hard.

On that note - I'm always somewhat amused when I read the latest workout routine and comments saying this is the greatest thing ever.

So, for a quick 4 week bulker - just do something as different as possible (withing reasonable limits) from what you have been doing sofar. And work your ass off...

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
The last time I ran superdrol for 3 weeks at 10/10/10 I did two days on/one day off/two days on/two days off. With two upper body and two lower body days. My strength went up like crazy and I added 1/2" to my arms and an inch to my chest, thihghs, and calfs. I also put on 12 lbs. I will post that routine to see if you guys think it looks good.

MAGIC781

Awards
:bb3: :bb3: Im currently using a two on one off workout as well will on pheraplex. I gained 11lbs of muscle and lost 9lbs of fat. And for those who wonder about low dose cycles, that is exactly what I did. Only 10mgs a day for three weeks with great results. I am also going to try GVT next cycle around. Good luck.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
imo I think at 190lb 4000calories is a little low for a bulk. I weigh 145lbs on a cut right now and am taking in between 3200-3500 a day. do you know your resting metabolic rate? How many calories a day do you burn overall. That will be an indicator on how many calories would be good for a bulk As for protein i try to get around 1.25gm per lb of body weight that is what works for me.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Listen to guy. Your protein is too low. Period...

~Mk

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people have had success with GVT, i've never did straight up GVT training but have done different variations with success. I'd take protein a bit higher as well, maybe to 300g/day. My advice is to incorporate as many compound exercises as you can, squats, dead, pullups, ect... These are the ones that add mass brother.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Yeah up your protein intake for sure, especially if you're going to be doing a cycle. 1.5g-2g/lb should be better.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My advice is to incorporate as many compound exercises as you can, squats, dead, pullups, ect... These are the ones that add mass brother.
too many people forget about these and think the ezbar is going to pack it all on.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I weighed myself before I began my superdrol cycle (I'm currently on day 5) and I was at 182 lbs. I am eating 4000 calories a day, 500g carbs, 300g pro, and 70g fat. Should I be eating 5000 calories a day? If so, should I add more fat in there to help out, I am struggling to eat 4000/day that clean, please help.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
throw in a 3 scoop protein shake and a 2 scoop maltodextrin or other fast acting carb, takes 2 seconds to drink and is ~75gs protein and ~60gs carbs, you need more protein anyway

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
IMHO, you need to be training heavy and hard all the time. Your diet and cardio will determine whether you're cutting or bulking. There's a reason why Ronnie and Dorian are/were head and shoulders above their competition: they train balls to the wall every single workout whether they're 330 lbs in the offseason or 2 days from the Olympia. Also, training INTENSITY is directly related to post workout GH release. For size you should focus on heavy, low-rep, compound movements. Try 3 months of ONLY squats, leg presses, Military presses, flat and incline bench presses, dealifts, and pull-ups (not that lat pull down garbage). You'll shock your body into growing without a doubt. This of course is totally dependent on your DIET. WIthout enough protein (and carbs for recovery and glycogen), you wont add size.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
IMHO, you need to be training heavy and hard all the time. Your diet and cardio will determine whether you're cutting or bulking. There's a reason why Ronnie and Dorian are/were head and shoulders above their competition: they train balls to the wall every single workout whether they're 330 lbs in the offseason or 2 days from the Olympia. Also, training INTENSITY is directly related to post workout GH release. For size you should focus on heavy, low-rep, compound movements. Try 3 months of ONLY squats, leg presses, Military presses, flat and incline bench presses, dealifts, and pull-ups (not that lat pull down garbage). You'll shock your body into growing without a doubt. This of course is totally dependent on your DIET. WIthout enough protein (and carbs for recovery and glycogen), you wont add size.
I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh, don't take it the wrong way, but we are focusing on diet here, not my workout split. With that in mind I am running a 4 week split, two upper two lower, with one day for strenght and another day for hypertrophy for each. I am on day 5 of my sd cycle and my weights have already jumped up big.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
6'1" 190 and training for 7 years?? You need all the help you can get bud. Dont take that the wrong way...

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
6'1" 190 and training for 7 years?? You need all the help you can get bud. Dont take that the wrong way...
LOL, not when I started at 150lbs, and I was a track athlete and now I am wanting to add some more size to my frame. Being any heavier than I was would have been counter productive to my event, inactuality I should have cut down to 175-180, ohwell you learn from your mistakes. And besides, if it was that easy to put on size everyone would be 250 lbs. shredded, and it was all natural till now too. Add that to an ecto frame, and little knowledge of diet, I did pretty damn well. Now that I am learning from this board and my track career is over, I want to get bigger.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I would also say not to forget about your healthy fats, they are very underrated IMO. I personally use Olive Oil and Fish oil every day.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
oh, and I forgot to mention 7% bf.
Well be thankful you're an ecto because cutting really sucks IMHO, at least for someone that loves food like me. But yeah you're still young (and by young I mean 2 years younger than me lol), and making the transition from track to bodybuilding is surely a challenge so keep up the good work. And dont listen to idiots that say "i gained 40 lbs in one cycle" because I can guarantee that AT BEST 5 lbs of that is muscle tissue and the rest is water and fat. After a full year is said and done if you're 5-10 lbs heavier at the same or less bf% you've made one hell of a gain. And just be patient with yourself. Dont overdo it on the cals because even ecto's will start to store fat if you over-eat. Its better to go 500 to maybe 1000 (sicne you're an ecto) cals above maintenance while bulking. And I'd venture to guess that you dont need cardio now, and at best maybe 30 mins 3 times a week while cutting..

And yes, healthy fats are imperative. As is an assload of protein