Incline push-ups

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
hmm.. incline push-ups targe upper pecs? Don't know about that one.... Decline push-ups are what target the upper pecs...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
hmm.. incline push-ups targe upper pecs? Don't know about that one.... Decline push-ups are what target the upper pecs...
I'd defer to someone with more physiological knowledge but I started doing inclined push-ups about a year ago and noticed the changes to my body in the upper pecs and shoulders. I was doing other exercises of course so it's hard to isiolate what did what to my body.

rocketscientist

Awards
... why not do dips (bent forward to hit the pecs)? Are you afraid of the 'bulk' :D

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed that I get a lot better squeeze at the top of the pushup. My chest feels really great. I also like to do it with the close grip. Seems to really give the middle of the chest a good workout and pump.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
I agree with them, I do incline, flat, decline :thumbsup:

raider1

raider1

Awards
I like doing the push-up with my feet on the big core balls ,feet are raised about 2 to 3 feet depends on the ball size .Mix it in on chest day ..man what a pump in the chest area ..if you really mash a lot of them out at the end ..do as many as you can do ,stop catch your breath and mash out some more and keep going until you can't possibly do anymore ... You will be so sore in the chest next day but kicks those pecs in gear.

:bb3:

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can also put your toes up on a chair or step to do decline (though it's actually an incline press IMHO from the body's perspective) to work the upper chest.

Another fun one is to put your hands close together and make a triangle with your hands to do a great tricep movement, especially if you have a buddy to put on and remove some weight from your back.