• "classic" split routine

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • other system

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

choco

Awards
Hello,
i want to know which from you guys is using Hst and how do your cycles look like?
my cycles look like this:

My routine:

Dead-Lift
Squats
Flat Bench Press
Military Press
Chinups
Dips
Curls

I make this every other day, so im in the gym 3 or 4 times per week.
1st week 1 rep 15 sets
2st+3st week 2 reps 10 sets
4st+5st week 3 reps 5 sets
6st week 3 reps 5 sets with my 5rm
(7st week add more load and go down with my sets)
then 7-14 days Strategic Deconditioning

Gains in mass are good with hst and it makes fun, but for strength im making sometimes directly after the seventh week of hst a 5x5 cycle (bill star).

Ok ! so how does your cycles look like and your experiences with hst ? how do you change your hst routines if you make some longer cycles with steroids ?

greets

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I have used the HST program in the past with great success. One of my favorite ways to train. Not using it now only because i am in precontest mode .

Squats and Deadlifts might be tough in the same workout

choco

Awards
yes its tough, but i feel freakin good after my workouts :whip:

common guys, 60 views and only a few votes and one reply ? whats up ?

especially some inputs on this:
"how do you change your hst routines if you make some longer cycles with steroids ?" (i mean 12-20 weeks with injectables for example)

???

[edit: :frustrate i have written above: "then 7-14 days superdrol" oh my god, i meant s d, strategic deconditioning !!!! :frustrate ... i will edit this ! :frustrate ]

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
yes its tough, but i feel freakin good after my workouts :whip:

common guys, 60 views and only a few votes and one reply ? whats up ?

especially some inputs on this:
"how do you change your hst routines if you make some longer cycles with steroids ?" (i mean 12-20 weeks with injectables for example)

???

[edit: :frustrate i have written above: "then 7-14 days superdrol" oh my god, i meant s d, strategic deconditioning !!!! :frustrate ... i will edit this ! :frustrate ]
Since it is a low volume program I would really see it being designed for the non enhanced indivudual. I like it because it forces me to stick with low volume since my inclination is to do more sets than less.

And actually if one was to do 12-20 weeks of what you reference, pretty much ANY type of program would work!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
]"how do you change your hst routines if you make some longer cycles with steroids ?" (i mean 12-20 weeks with injectables for example)
To extend the routine one of the more common recommendations is to increase the reps near your x rep max of each phase before increasing the weight. In other words when you're nearing the end of your ten rep microcycle, instead of going into the 5s increase the reps (volume) first. Say your 10 rep max for bench is 205, when you hit that increase the reps as much as possible with that same weight for the following workouts before moving on to the beginning of the 5 rep microcycle. I also find clustering with an overall higher volume, 40 to 50 reps even, can work well while 'on.'

Also abbreviated routines can help. I find HST works well with shorter cycles, 2-4 weeks, which can be strategically placed toward the middle of the cycle so there is still some heavy work to follow the cycle. An appropriate lowering of volume while maintaining or even increasing weight can give very good results. Also, abbreviated routines where you stay at or near your rep max for each microcycle is a good idea. For example you would set up an HST routine where you work from 90% of your 12 rep max to 100%, then 90% of you 8 rep max to 100%, then 90% of your 5 rep max to 100%. This can lead to some undulation of the load though, which isn't too bad but some people don't like it.

You could also use the Max Stimulation routine which is very similar to HST, just uses a rep method to minimize fatigue and which allows you to work with up to 110% of you given rep max for way more reps than you would normally get. I have no idea how this type of routine would pan out while on cycle as it's fairly new.

precious_roy

Awards
Love HST. I use it most of the time.

As far as the cycles, I agree with CDB; shorter 2-4 week cycles fit in best with HST. There is actually a post over on the HST board by Blade discussing just such a subject.

I would think if you were going to run a 12-20 week cycle, you could simply not go through strategic deconditioning; just bridge two or three cycles together. I don't know but it seems sensible to me considering the fact that the anabolic effect of the steroids with training would override the benefit of not training for 2 weeks in order to regain sensitivity to a load.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
I believe Blaze over at hst has a thread about this. i believe he suggest staying in the 8 to 5 rep range during cycle and continuing through out pct. I love it and use it while on and off. I would change up your routine maybe add some more excercises. There is an hst thread here with some great ideas on how to use hst principles and how to change them up with spreadsheets to help you out. Good Luck

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I have finished my contest prep so I will be returrning to HST in early August. It is one of my fav programs for sure!

choco

Awards
thanks guys....

@jonesboy
There is an hst thread here with some great ideas on how to use hst principles and how to change them up with spreadsheets to help you out. Good Luck
can you or somebody else please post the link ?

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I only train HST it’s the only way I have seen consistent gains. I agree the shorter cycles are better.

Jsouth

Jsouth

Awards
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday im doing
Incline Bench
Dips
Bent over Rows
Pull Ups
Hang Cleans and Press
Trap Bar Deadlifts
Squats or Y Squats

Im doing 3 sets of 6-8 reps and I love it, Im shredding up real nice while keeping my muscle