Kettle Bells

size

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have kettle bells?

If so, how effective has your training been with them?
How much did you pay?

I am looking for some training alternatives.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have kettle bells?

If so, how effective has your training been with them?
How much did you pay?

I am looking for some training alternatives.
i have a pair of the kettlebell handles from ironwoody, shipping on the real ones was way too much money. i think i paid like 90 for mine, then i just picked the weights up from a local shop. the ones i have can go up to like 90lbs or something like that.

i do swings and snatches with them(you can check out my log in the powerlifting section), but if you order them from ironwoody they send you a free dvd filled with excersizes. and i absolutely love them. they kick your ass like nothing else. i literally almost fall over or puke everytime i'm done using them, the cardio and muscles worked you get from them is insane. i highly suggest getting a pair.

oh and i dont know if you do deadlifts or not, but my deadlift form has greatly improved from the swings

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
About the iron woody kettelbell handles, I've heard that they can cut/bruise you a lot worse than a regular kettelbell. Have you experienced this at all?

edelweiss

Awards
I have the real-deal. They are great for high intensity conditioning. You can do just about anything possible: sprints, sledge work, burpees, whatever into kettlebell work and it will destroy you (i.e. sprint 100m, then perform a set of swings or maybe do 60 sledgehammer strikes then immediatley go to highrep clean and jerks). Do circuts like this two or three times a week and in a few weeks you'll notice a huge difference. As far as strength I've found double sumo swings hit the glutes/hams hard and has had a positive affect on my sq/dl. I know some mock them (kettlebells), but if you have the money, they are an excellent training medium. Feel free to ask any questions, edelweiss.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
About the iron woody kettelbell handles, I've heard that they can cut/bruise you a lot worse than a regular kettelbell. Have you experienced this at all?

not at all, as long as the person isnt an idiot they wont hurt themselves. i pretty much got the handles because i didnt want to dive deep into buying them all and then not liking them. it was a good starting point. plus i can add and subtract weight easily. in the future i'll probably end up with the real deals though, just buying them is no joke, a pair of 50lbers is 169.90+60 s/h and a pair of 80lbers is 229.90+96s/h

size

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the feedback. I am not a powerlifter by any means but I am interested in these for more of a different training method that may be more functional.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
These people can make fun of kettlebells all they want but ever since I went into military Special Ops and had to use them at some of the schools I went to there i have had a newfound respect for them. If you follow some of the Kettlebell workouts out that are out there, it can be a great way to get functionally stronger. It hits places that I didn't know I had haha.

Amped Nutrition

Awards
My experience with Kettlebells has been very good. It adds a lot of variation to my program and definitely keeps up the intensity. I especially like the kettlebell arm swings and there is a great variety of exercises you can perform with these. A lot of the exercises can be extremely challenging.