1" in 1 Day Workout: Info Anyone?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm highly suspicious of the claims made about this Muscletech workout, but I figure I am on vacation, I have some free time, and I'm nearing the end of my cycle. Does anyone have info on this 1" in 24 hours workout? I obviously don't expect to gain 1", but if I can gain 1/2" or even 1/3", it would still be worth trying.

Thanks!

R

rocketscientist

Awards
What's that workout - do you have a link to it?
Hmm - is it something like 'run to the store, buy muscletech gear, carry it home... run to the store, buy muscletech gear,... repeat until you see desired results...'

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
its probably obscenely high volume and the result of a huge pump/tons of blood in the muscle .. would be gone in a few hours

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
No, I think it's where you do a whole lot of volume for your arms over the course of a day, right?

I remember reading about that in muscular develpoment (I think?) a couple of years ago. The guys that did it gained about 3/4 of an inch each. Now whether or not those gains last is unknown.

S

Spartan117

Awards
I read an article in M&F, it was high volume. I think they gained like 3/4" and a week later they still had about 1/4" according to the article. They did the w/o for 8 hours or something like that. Sounded like a super pump to me.

P

primal1

Awards
  • Established
if it is the workout i'm thinking, it was developed by charles poliquin. he is a world renowned strength coach with alot of followers. i personally have never done the program, but it was originally published in "muscle media 2000". the results vary most that i have heard that about 1/2 is kept.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the link and I've been searching around for the workout. It sounds ridiculous, but I'd be willing to give it a try. It is an all-day affair, with very high volume. Big Pete told me he has a video from Muscletech where Mark Dugdale talks about it, but I've never seen the actual layout of the workout.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
if it is the workout i'm thinking, it was developed by charles poliquin. he is a world renowned strength coach with alot of followers. i personally have never done the program, but it was originally published in "muscle media 2000". the results vary most that i have heard that about 1/2 is kept.
hmmm. glen, you thinking what i'm thinking?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got the MT DVD at home, will check it out tonite and get back with ya.

B

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
I remember a thread about this exact workout being discussed several months ago. I cannot find it now but the individuals that tried it did not see noticeable gains.

If I remember correctly, the routine also had nutrition guidelines to follow as well.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I've known people that have done these workouts before and it seemed to work for them. They didnt put on an inch, but my friend Don put on a good 1/4" doing one of those all day arm workouts. Its not actual new muscle growth, but an extreme stretching of the capillary bed from what i would gather. so it would give some cosmetic size. It probably only works once every few years, if even that i'd imagine. I've considered trying it before, but never got around to it. I remember my friend did light weight preacher curls, skull crushers, and dumbell curls, and did these exercises taking him about 10 mins, and then he would rest 30 mins, and go back at it again. All over the course of 8 hours. Before the workout he didn't lift for 2 days, and gave himself 3 days of recovery afterwards. He also packed in a **** storm of calories.

S

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Who care man? forget muscle tech! If i can gain an inch in one day, i dont care how much muscle tech i have to drink, even if turn into an instant diabetic and die on the spot.

1 INCH i think my arms are like 14 inches sadly.. id like a 6 inch in a day workout.. any ideas?

on a serious note, i read about that in mag also. it might work, but wouldnt your arms just die?

C

cromwell

Awards
As others have hinted, it is a high volume endurance affair, but it was around long before charles in one form or another. I tried one of these programs about 10 years ago and did gain about 1/2 inch one my arms overnight!.......a few days later it was more like 2/8ths. Still, it was permanent as long as you continue to train but I feel also that it is largely capillary in nature. There were some recovery and other protocols to follow too. Supriseingly AAS users did well on this "experiment":rofl:
Anyway, I think a few high volume sessions with appropriate rest and nutrition etc over a couple of weeks would be effective as well, especially if you are normally a low volume heavy weight guy........adaptation is the genus for growth here . I will try (key word try) to find the program I used and post it. Of course a lot of other factors could be involved
growth does tend to happen in spurts...so maybe the nature of the program is'nt the only reason for success
A lot of it could be attributed to the fascial stretching(I remember some serious stretching in the one I followed)
I think if it works, it would be better suited to more advanced trainers-fiber diameter, CNS etc all play important roles here. A beginner may not be able to successfully complete or recover from something like this
anyway, interesting topic............thanks guys:hammer:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buddy of mine tried it and put on close to an inch but lost most of it except a small amount to which, I hold the actual training (over time)vs. that day. Once he was pumped about that growth he was hitting the gym harder and putting more focus into it.

I've never had a whole day to just hang at the gym for arms :) Not to mention i'm not into injuring myself either.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I know a few guys who did this and gained much, and upwards of ½" was kept in a few cases. It's logged on another board... Am I allowed posting a link?

W

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Here is the arm one, there is also an 'Add 2 inches to your chest in one day' as well, I'll try to find it. here is the arm one though, I printed it to pdf last time we talked about it on here. I never tried either one though.

Attachments

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't have the link and I've been searching around for the workout. It sounds ridiculous, but I'd be willing to give it a try. It is an all-day affair, with very high volume. Big Pete told me he has a video from Muscletech where Mark Dugdale talks about it, but I've never seen the actual layout of the workout.
It was Matt Duvall, brother.. :)

One of these days, we'll have to order those 2000kcal shakes and go for it.. Hell, 1/2 inch is good for me, 19 seems so small.. :D

The routine basically has 3 different workouts for bis and tris, you alternate between each workout while taking a 1.5hr break to eat/take down protein.. It's supposed to last at least 8 hours, 4 hours of work with 4 hours of eating.. The day before and after, they say to load up on carbs and protein way above maintenance..

I'd like to try this for legs, though.. :cool:

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I tried a version of it once. Swole up about a 1/4 inch for a couple days, but it went away after a bit, and being that every set I did was to failure, the arms werent recovered for along time even though I was sleeping pretty well, and my calories and protien were very high at the time. Dont remember if I was on or off cycle at the time.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I tried a version of it once. Swole up about a 1/4 inch for a couple days, but it went away after a bit, and being that every set I did was to failure, the arms werent recovered for along time even though I was sleeping pretty well, and my calories and protien were very high at the time. Dont remember if I was on or off cycle at the time.
Was it supposed to be all to failure?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
One of these days, we'll have to order those 2000kcal shakes and go for it.. Hell, 1/2 inch is good for me, 19 seems so small.. :D
I'm down. I'd gladly take 1/2 or even 1/4 inch. My arms have been my most stubborn body part. I'd rather do this on cycle, so if my post-cycle bloodwork is good, sometime in July might be in order.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Here is the arm one, there is also an 'Add 2 inches to your chest in one day' as well, I'll try to find it. here is the arm one though, I printed it to pdf last time we talked about it on here. I never tried either one though.
Keep 'em coming :study:

We can never have too much info.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, guys. I'm definitely gonna try this in my next cycle.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
For anyone interested, here is a video with Mark Dugdale going over this workout: [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yu24zI_nsQI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
The pump is one inch. It goes away after your pump is gone.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The pump is one inch. It goes away after your pump is gone.
I'm not saying this works, but as directed, you're supposed to measure 4 days after the workout. One theory is that the constant pumps over the course of a day stretch the fascia creating size that can then be filled in.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a really interesting thread.

Let us know how it works out Beowulf.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Arms are definitely still lagging for me. I'll try it sometime, but I'm cutting right now, and I don't know when I'll be willing to do 1 workout in 8 days. Definitely not while on.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not saying this works, but as directed, you're supposed to measure 4 days after the workout. One theory is that the constant pumps over the course of a day stretch the fascia creating size that can then be filled in.
Wow...is that the actual explanation?

This industry gets better and better everyday.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember readin that a year or couple ago. It no worky for me except to ruin evevery other upper body workout for the following 7-10 days.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Wow...is that the actual explanation?

This industry gets better and better everyday.
I recall reading that explanation, but I don't know who said it. The vid is put out by Muscletech, so we know it is scientifically backed by the greatest models in white lab coats :D

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
oh wait this is for arms. I thought it was for my wee wee.

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
It's impossible for anyone to add an inch, half an inch or even a quarter inch of muscle to their Bi, Tri, pec, delt or any muscle for that matter.. that is ridiculous.. those 12 hour bi workouts that are done over the course of a day.. every hour.. are nothing more than crap... who in their right mind would even consider hitting a muscle as small as the bi 12 x's in a single day..