Peaking Bicep Movements

ssor1005

Awards
Hey, I was wondering what movements are good for getting that classic "peak" in ur bicep. My arms are getting stronger and larger everytime I work them out... which is twice a week with just four sets of BB curls and two supersets with DB curls. I just do that much b/c almost every day I hit my biceps with secondary movements when Im working another part of my body. So any advice? Thanks in advance.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Personally I am in the genetics camp on this one. I think if you have the potential to build the peak you will, if not, you won't that simple. I have pretty big peaks, b/c I'm lucky I think.

But as for exercises some would suggest preacher curls and/or concentration curls

But if you are fairly lean 15% or less bf, and been lifting for a decent enough amount of time, and have no bicep peak, my opinion is you probably won't ever.

h19

ssor1005

Awards
Yeah Currently I am at >9% BF and have only been working out for 4 1/2 months. Throughout the 4 1/2 months I have been doing the same bicep movements so maybe thats why they havent peaked, but also I am 6'4 so my arms are long which I guess would make them hard to peak? Thanks for the exercises Im going to try them tommorow.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
IMO

If your biceps are attatched very close to the elbow you wont get a peak and vice versa.

take a look at Arnold. His one arm has a massive peak the other not much and his one bicep is farther from the elbow.

CROWLER

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have split peaks, it's genetic.. You can build the brachialis to make it pop ou tmore, but split peaks are genetic..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Being as tall as you are, it might be awhile before you see peaks..if ever. Mine only start to show when I approach 200 pounds and I am 5'10". I'm also fortunate to not hold much fat on my shoulders/arms.

Right now, at 189, not so peaky. lol

*Bulldog*

Awards
Good thread....I have the same problem. And I agree on the genetics point. I've been lifting off and on for about 15 years now. Always wanted nice peaked Bi's and have never been able to get em'. I trained the **** out of my arms.....and they're plenty strong and the muscle belly is full and hard......unfortunately they just have that large "flat" look. Used to be self conscious about it and it used to frustrate the hell out of me. I'm over it now though. I'm not a competitive BBer and I sure as hell don't have toothpicks for arms. They still stretch out the sleeves of a XL t-shirt and thats good enough for me, lol :D

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Try doing 1 arm preacher culrs using an incline bench. Just hang your arm over the bench and do curls taht way. Trust me I only use 35-40lbs and I got some of the sickest peaks going. No need to use heavy weight, just use strict form and keep them flexed

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Genetics, the bigger they get the more peak you will see. I spent years trying to peak my bis, when I quit playing and worked on size, wah la peak city (well at least some) I think it was around the 18" mark they stopped looking like a flat ball, over 19 I definitely have a peak. When I hit 21 I'll let ya know! (Dreams and determination)

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Basso is right on. Add 100 lbs to your squat and tell me if your arms have a better peak. Chances are if you don't have any peak it's for one of two reasons or both. You're arms aren't developed enough (you're too small). Or you're to fat to see your peaks. True genetics will have a role in how much of a peak you have and how a muscle looks, remember Larry Scott's arms? Still an 18 inch arm or bigger with 10 % bdyft or lower is going to look pretty large.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
think of it this way. With all the AS, info training etc the pros have and some of them still have no peak. So if it was possible to give yourself a peak I would have to guess that they would if they could.

So to me that means either you have the genetics for peaks or you do not.

CROWLER

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
think of it this way. With all the AS, info training etc the pros have and some of them still have no peak. So if it was possible to give yourself a peak I would have to guess that they would if they could.

So to me that means either you have the genetics for peaks or you do not.

CROWLER

synthol can build up a peak, look at marcus ruhl.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I am definitely in the genetics camp on this one as well..I have never tried to peak my biceps, but they have done so naturally. Since I very first started working out they have just peaked, no matter what exercises I do. On the flip side of the coin I have some trouble putting on mass to them. And, you have only been lifting for 4 1/2 months, I'd give it at least awhile to see if they will peak or not..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
All I can add is that Glenihan really liked the peak on my bi's in my pics thread and outside of trying the exercises that Flex Mag. recommended for peaks I really haven't done much to try to develop them.
And, we all know Flex Mag. is full of ****. So, I guess mine (good or not) are genetics.

anadrol75

Awards
Take a freestanding incline bench. Straddle it facing foward and do alternating curls with light weight. Squeeze the **** out of the bicep.