Optimum Volume Training

shyguy1

shyguy1

Awards
I'm currently trying and I'm in my second week of a 8week program. It's great, very, very chalenging high intensity strength based wkout.

It consist of 20 supersets using 5rep weight. For those who have never heard of it.
If you wanna see how the exact wkout looks i have a cycle log of high dose mohn in the cycle section where i list each excercises and everything.

P.S The cycles not too shabby either.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
If you are doing 20 supersets per session then the intensity is not that high, it can not be as it would not be possible to train that hard for that long. Hat to sy it but you could either train long or you could train hard but you can not really do both.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you are doing 20 supersets per session then the intensity is not that high, it can not be as it would not be possible to train that hard for that long. Hat to sy it but you could either train long or you could train hard but you can not really do both.
He could be superman! Remember, some people have incredible endurance. It's possible is over all level of strength is not that high, but he has high muscular endurance.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
It is just not possible to train at a high intensity for that long. Just like you could not sprint a marathon.

shyguy1

shyguy1

Awards
It is just not possible to train at a high intensity for that long. Just like you could not sprint a marathon.
I understand where you are coming from, but when your supersets are based on 5x5 supersets with 90secs-120secs rest. It is possible to recover and keep your intensity very high. Granted your superset weight with 5 will be a little lighter than your just 5 straight sets with 5rep weight, but from my own personal right now experience, my conditioning, strength,and overall composition has benefitted.
Now to give merit to your arguement, I am currently on a very high dose mohn/3alpha/4ad cycle( check cycle section). And I will not sit here and say that the cycle supplements are not adding to the effect, they are, and you may have a point that this maybe the toughest way to train clean, but my purpose for trying this training method was to maximize my cycle gains with the most intense doable training method. This just so happens to be the one I ran across.
I appreciate your comments and if you get a chance go stop by my other post in the cycle section.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
You are corect that the supplements that you are taking are helping you but for te "clean" trainer this would constitute overtraining. When I'm on "supplements" I increase my volume and frequency a bit as well since m recovery ability is enhanced at the time.