question about eggs .. bobo some help - AnabolicMinds.com

question about eggs .. bobo some help

1. Registered User

question about eggs .. bobo some help

i've read (although seen no studies to support this) that drinking eggs is pointless as the protein in eggs will pass right through the body unless the eggs are heated first

is this true? and if so is it still true for pastuerized egg whites?

2. Registered User

I never heard this before, but upon review I found this:
    "While egg whites are not particularly important to consume, they are relatively harmless when cooked. However, raw egg whites should NOT be consumed.
    Egg whites contain anti-nutrients. Avidin is a glycoprotein in egg whites that binds to the B vitamin biotin, and can lead to a deficiency of this vitamin.

Additionally, egg whites contain trypsin inhibitors, which could possibly inhibit proper digestion of protein, and growth. Heat destroys both of these compounds.
    Please read Dr. Mercola's article on this particular point here. Again, egg whites are safe to eat cooked, but contain anti-nutrients that could hurt your nurtritional status if consumed raw."
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

""It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970)."

They are fine.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Thanks bobo. This has been a concern of mine as well for a while. Heard the same thing Glen did and was kind off upset because I like a couple of raw eggs in my shakes.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    ""It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970)."

They are fine.

I opened this thread with fear he was going to say NO they are CRAP>

I am VERY happy since I drink a HECK of alot of eggs.

Take that you doubters

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

IMO your will loose a very tiny bit (overall absortion) when raw but nothing significant.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. New Member

It's been my experience that boiled eggs are the best way to go.
  8. Registered User

what are you basing this claim on pipecharger when bobo just posted a study showing there is basically nothing to lose by drinking them raw

in the immortal words of ODB .. oh baby i like it raw
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

yeah baby i like a rrraawwww...
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.

Dr. D suggest taking some biotin and a digestive enzyme (forgot the name) to make sure you fully digest the eggs.

I take 12 raw a day
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    in the immortal words of myself .. oh baby i like it raw!!!
    I bet you do you freak! Eggs are good.
  12. New Member

Basing on purely personal experience: Back in the day, early '80's, I would consume 6-8 raw eggs simultaneously; they would pass right out the other end within a short time. Never had that problem with boiled eggs, just my personal opinion.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

thanks for that clarification bobo. i had read this and wondered about it for a while, didn't stop me from drinking raw eggs though. now, no reason at all to stop.
  14. New Member

This is what Anthony Ricciuto has to say about it. He doesn't cite any studies though :

"Now some people have asked me can they drink the pasteurized whites since this would neutralize the salmonella. The answer is yes but what you have to watch out for here is that when you consume raw eggs, they will actually leach out one very important vitamin and this is Biotin. This vitamin plays an important role in many functions in the body so drinking raw eggs can lead to a deficiency. The next thing is that drinking your eggs instead of cooking them actually prevents the body from fully absorbing all the protein from the egg.

Only about half of the protein actually gets absorbed. So this is another thing that you have to look out for when drinking them. The last thing you have to watch out for is the foul disgusting stench that will follow you around like you were concealing a New York sewer in your back pocket.

The gas that you will get from doing raw eggs will keep you lonely many a nights, that is a guarantee. Your wives will be kicking you out of bed and you will be spending the night with your dog but even he won't be able to stay with you for long. Believe me it will be so bad you won't know what happened.

To make things worse because of the sulfur content in the eggs the gas you have will not only be among the foulest things you have ever smelled, but it will linger forever. You will lay one on and twenty minutes later you will go back in the room and it will still be there." (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anthony29.htm)

And also, Lyle McDonald said : "I can't find it the study right now but uncooked egg whites have a truly ****ty (har har) digestibility. Which is why so many hit the large intestine and make you fart and poop"
  15. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Dr. D suggest taking some biotin and a digestive enzyme (forgot the name) to make sure you fully digest the eggs.

I take 12 raw a day

I thought that eggs had a good amount of biotin so you didn't need to do this.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  16. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

It doens't really matter if your overall protein intake is mod-high. As for the gas, this could happen with any protein especially those very dense in a liquified state. People complain of this happening with whey shakes all the time. Some people can handle it, some can't. Its not some special characteristic of egg whites.

The study showing egg white weren't digested well was done on ileostomy patients. The rest of the problems I already addressed.

"It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970)."
  17. Advanced Member

any ideas to make this taste good?

can u blend them up with some protein?

im going to try it tomorrow at school, il keep it in a shaker with an icepack...hope its good.
  18. Senior Member

I've been drinking egg-white protein shakes for 3 years now, I don't use any whey anymore. But my question is, are teh egg whites used for protein powder first cooked or even if they are, since they are not warm, does it counteract it anyway? Nonetheless though, I;'ve had descent results with the egg powder, so I guess it doesn't really matter, but was just curious...
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by danTman2

im going to try it tomorrow at school, il keep it in a shaker with an icepack...hope its good.
    I use around 2 packs of splenda per 6-8 eggs. Makes it taste like a vanilla shake.
  20. SJA
    dead sexy wino

Are we talking egg beaters here or plain old egg whites?
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.

I just use plain old eggs.
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by danTman2

each morning i have 6-8 egg whites, 1 cup of oats, and 1 scoop chocolate whey (for flavor mainly) .. blend it all up on super duper high for a little .. i kind of like the taste now
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Sweet, egg beaters are dirt cheap. Thanks for the info Bobo.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    each morning i have 6-8 egg whites, 1 cup of oats, and 1 scoop chocolate whey (for flavor mainly) .. blend it all up on super duper high for a little .. i kind of like the taste now
    same with me, except 10 whities.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    same with me, except 10 whities.
    I bet you love getting into 10 pairs of little boys whitie tighties.
  26. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

i have egg whites and whey shakes quite a bit and just microwave the egg whites for 15-20 seconds first.

add Whey, water & a splash or 2 of Olive Oil and you have a tasty bunch-o-calories.

Jag

Similar Forum Threads

1. question about L Dopa need help asap
    By jtnba24 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 01:20 PM
  2. question about how to get help
    By snakebyte05 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 11:15 AM
  3. Questions About Eggs And Grains
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss