Plase critique my new split!

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just made this up...

My goal is to split muscle groups up evenly so that synergist muscles on main movements get moved to the opposite end of the week. Basically I'm trying not to hit the same muscle in a row. I'm also trying to hit smaller muscle groups (calves, traps, and anterior and posterior delts) twice, once hard and one as a synergist group.

I'm following Max-OT protocol, with a few smaller groups getting up to the 6-8 rep range.

Thursday: Back/Bis
Deadlift x3:
BB 1 handed Row x3:
Pulldown x3:
DB Preacher x4:
DB Preacher Hammer x2:
Forearm Stuff:

Saturday: Chest/Tris
Bench x3:
Inc. DB x3:
Dips x3:
Close grip Bench x2:
CG Reverse grip Bench x2:

Sunday: Legs/Traps
DB Step ups x4:
SL Dead x4:
Leg Press x3:
BB Shrug x4:

Tuesday: Shoulder/Calves
Arnolds x3:
Upright Row x3:
Rear Delt DB raise x3:
Leg press Calf raise x4:
Seated Calf raise x4:

And abs/core whenever I have some extra energy. They get worked during deads and step-ups anyway.

anything I can improve?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. Your traps are getting hit 3x a week. Other then that, pretty good

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea, I noticed that too. You mean deads, shrugs, and upright rows, right?

I don't think the upright rows work them too hard. Deads blast the middle and lower fibers and shrugs work upper, of course. Should I just drop the shrugs or maybe exchange the upright rows for lateral DB extensions?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
IMO do away with doing any trap involvement on sunday. Focus on legs and then you can add your ab/ core work there on sunday.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I noticed that too. You mean deads, shrugs, and upright rows, right?

I don't think the upright rows work them too hard. Deads blast the middle and lower fibers and shrugs work upper, of course. Should I just drop the shrugs or maybe exchange the upright rows for lateral DB extensions?
Traps are getting hit with any lateral raise, overhead press, and any "row" for the back. I'd say just switch traps to delt day.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to do traps on shoulder day, but noticed they got hit hard with the step ups on leg day and were still sore for shoulder day. So I figured I'd just add them to leg day and move calves outta there to shoulder day so I wouldn't be doing a million sets for all of my legs plus traps.

dunimous

Board Supporter
Awards
My traps have been growing the best since I stopped doing direct work on them. They get hit hard enough with just heavy deads not counting all the other indirect work they get,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Bulking 14