Brad Pitt's workout.. Who asked?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It's funny, when I saw Fight Club I thought Brad Pitt had an incredible physique. Shows how little I knew at that time. I saw a pic from that movie recently and was like :wtf: I'm bigger than him :lol:

5 Pullups :rofl: He sure was beating up his back :rolleyes:

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
wow, hope he doesn't strain himself on chest day, 25 push ups.

im amazed

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Anyone think he used any "supplements"? Obviously, he's not huge, but maybe winny, primo or var?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Anyone think he used any "supplements"? Obviously, he's not huge, but maybe winny, primo or var?
I think he definitely did for Troy and Fight Club. He looked unusually big for himself in Troy

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I think he definitely did for Troy and Fight Club. He looked unusually big for himself in Troy
I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt, but I can tell you one thing..... That movie Troy is one of my favorites. I've seen it about 4 times. And yes, he does look shredded in that film.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
They juice a lot of actors. Nick Cage when from a skinny little biotch to a solid looking SOB in Con Air. You can def tell when it's used to. These actors say in their interviews "oh I work out now for 5 hours a day that's how I got so much bigger" yeah right.:hammer:

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Found this also... Sets/reps/weight
Reps Range From 20-30 reps on all exercises :icon_lol:

Monday Chest
3 - 25 push ups
3 - nautilus press 45,55,65
3 - nautilus incline press 55,65,70
3 - pec deck machin 40,45,50
Tuesday Back
3 - 5 pull ups
3 - seated rows 75,80,85
3 - lat pull downs 85,90,95
3 - t bar rows 50,55,60
Wednesday shoulders
3 - arnold press 35,35,35
3 - laterals 15,15,15
3 - front raises 10,10,10
Thursday Bicep/Tris
3 - nautilus curl machine 20,25,30
3 - ez curls cable 30,35,40
3 - hammer curls 15,20,25
3 - push downs 50,55,60
Friday
Treadmill 45 minutes 65-75% MHR
Sat/Sun off
Reps Range From 20-30 reps on all exercises

R

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

No.

I don't have proof, but I'm confident in this. He is a genetic freak. Take a look at some of the old stuff he did when he was a teenager -- one was a movie where he was a track athlete, (don't remember name). He has always been ripped and muscular. I think the difference between those days and his physique in Troy is no more than 10 pounds of muscle, (maybe 15). 10-15 pounds is nothing for somebody with good genetics and whom has publicly admitted that he has not worked out consistently ever. It's all newbie gains.

Besides, do you believe everything you see on tv? They do have the ability to make things look better on film these days.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
Besides, do you believe everything you see on tv? They do have the ability to make things look better on film these days.
Movie magic, isn't that what they call it?

R

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Its Rhino's body with Brad's face pasted on.:rofl:

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I just think Brad has amazing genetics. He's naturally very lean.
Leaness is much more important on camera than size. The shadows on muscles really stand out more. You have a harder time telling if someone is big or not unless you have some frame of reference.

So just put Pitt in a movie with people smaller than him, and he'll look huge. Kinda like how Tom Cruise doesn't look like a midget in movies...

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
one of my favorites was Edward Norton in American History X, he was friggin ripped, then he went back to the twig he is in the following movies, I think fight club followed it

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah man edward norton was ripped in that movie, i dont understand why you wouldn't want to stay that way unless your roll in the movie required you to be small. As for actors juicing i don't know they do pay personal trainers alot of money and have there diets and workouts planned for them, it would be like having bobo with you every day telling you exactly what to eat and how to lift.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
ryan reynolds(sp) i think admitted he juiced for blade III. it was in an interview that was posted a while ago, though i think it was by tech zilla on bb.com. so take what you will from that piece of information.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I did and still believe he used methamphetamines.

He's always been really lean, but to stay so dry for the 6-8 weeks of shooting (or there abouts), i believe he was using some sort of speed derivative.

In Snatch he wasn't quite as dry.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
He may have great genetics, but he is also 40 or more years old. It's a lot tougher at that point.

Good point Robboe ;)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
He may have great genetics, but he is also 40 or more years old. It's a lot tougher at that point.

Good point Robboe ;)

Hey.....we know that we're old but you don't have to keep pointing it out young man :nutkick:

I definitely think that he juiced for Troy. You can't workout and sword fight all day long and still put on 20 pounds of muscle in a few months. I don't care what kind of genetics you have.....and he smokes too. Right after Troy, he looked really skinny. And I have to say that Beowolf is correct....it IS tougher as you get older due to degradation of GH, DHEA and testosterone. I don't see how he could have put on that much mass in such a short period without some help of a pharmaceutical nature. I saw a documentary on the filming of Troy. Pitt WAS that big and ripped even during his interviews so it wasn't movie magic.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
one of my favorites was Edward Norton in American History X, he was friggin ripped, then he went back to the twig he is in the following movies, I think fight club followed it
it wouldn't have went well for norton to be beefed up in fight club. kinda contradictory to the role.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why some don't believe they use these things in the movie biz. Were talking about a business that is all about looks, money, and fame. Also as we all know under a controlled and responsible enviroment AAS can be used with great success without damaging the body. So why not??

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
As for Ed Norton, he's no dummy. He knows that he won't get as many rolls being that big (relative term, I know). Look and Vin D. He was pretty thick in XXX, but I saw him last year on the cover of GQ and he looked about 175-185lbs. I remeber reading about this actor-bber in Flex back in the 90's (he was in the Program as Lattimer) and he said he had to try and get down to about 210-220 to get more rolls in film. And he was like 6'3 or 6'4.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Brad Pitt said in an interview with USA Today that he used a low-carb / high-protein diet during the training for his role in Troy. The big budget epic opens today. Physically, Pitt prepared for the role with a year of intense training. "The first three months were daunting and not fun at all." His days included two to three hours in the gym, two additional hours of sword work and four high-protein, low-carb meals. As a result, he gained about 10 pounds of brawn.

T

Tiftan090

Awards
The first thing I thought when I saw him in Troy was "Hey, he's got fina face bloat" But, could be deca face also. Kalifornia is another movie where you can tell he's on.

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree about his genetics, he can probably get pretty lean w/out losing a ton of muscle. He could also probably gain a few lbs if he wasn't already on a good routine/diet, kind of like beginner's gains. That said, I also think the use of AAS (esp. orals) and speed (or other stims for weight loss) in film is underestimated.

A

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
He looked pretty good in Troy. I have never seen fight club so I can't comment on that, but IMO Ryan Reynolds is leaner and bigger in Blade Trinity and Amityville Horror.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
He looked pretty good in Troy. I have never seen fight club so I can't comment on that, but IMO Ryan Reynolds is leaner and bigger in Blade Trinity and Amityville Horror.
Hmmm, someone is a fan of Achilles and the movie Troy.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Some of you have forgotten that Pitt used to be a Calvin Klein model before he became an actor. He has looked this way for 20 plus years. He could have easily gotten as big as he did for Troy without performance enhancing drugs. It's not like he became a ripped beast overnight. Ryan Reynolds on the other hand is questionable. He made a big change from Van Wilder to Blade:Trinity. Go back even further to 2 guys, a gal and a pizza shop (I think that was the name of the show, although it was shortened later on). Reynolds was a stick.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Did you guys ever see Reign Of Fire? Matthew McConaughey definitely was on something for that flick.

The rich and famous definitely have something going for them these days as they age, and its not just surgery. Look at Demi Moore - she's twice as hot now as she was 20 years ago. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves, Nicole Kidman...all these actors are in their 40's but look to be in their late 20's / early 30's easily.

Either the surgery is getting really, *really* good, or hollywood is embracing HRT and not going public about it.

BV

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Who needs HRT when you have plastic surgery and botox.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...but what Im saying is they dont 'look' like they've had surgery. They just look younger, naturally younger.

Who knows, maybe the cosmetic surgery techniques are just getting that good for those that can afford them.

BV

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
stop what you're doing and go watch fight club. don't come back on this board until you do:hammer:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty tough, might have to bump my push ups up a little to match his 25. That is just insane to do 25 push ups at one time while not resting on your knees! Know wonder he was so jacked and weighing in around 140lbs!! Damn, I gonna run to the pull up bar and knock out three assisted pullups cause Im so pumped up.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Did you guys ever see Reign Of Fire? Matthew McConaughey definitely was on something for that flick.

The rich and famous definitely have something going for them these days as they age, and its not just surgery. Look at Demi Moore - she's twice as hot now as she was 20 years ago. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves, Nicole Kidman...all these actors are in their 40's but look to be in their late 20's / early 30's easily.

Either the surgery is getting really, *really* good, or hollywood is embracing HRT and not going public about it.

BV

To bad Tom acts like he is 7

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
before.JPG

after.JPG

This is a friend of mine.
These pictures are like 2 years apart. No AAS used (between the pics anyway, "on" the darkside now.)

Ryan Reynolds looked good in Van Wilder and had 2 years untill Blade Trinity. Not saying he doesn't juice, just that I am jealous and want him ... er, I mean he could have done that naturally.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I just tryed this..... Now I can't move my arms.
:jaw:
Bicep
3 - db incline curls 30,30,30
3 - ez bar curls 50,50,50
3 - hammer curls 30,30,30
3- concentration curls 20,20,20

Tried to do 20 reps of each... Missed on a couple of them... It defiantly shocked the muscles.... Maybe I'll try for a month and see what happens. You think annialating each muscle group once a week is worth a try?

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 12253
View attachment 12254

This is a friend of mine.
These pictures are like 2 years apart. No AAS used (between the pics anyway, "on" the darkside now.)

Ryan Reynolds looked good in Van Wilder and had 2 years untill Blade Trinity. Not saying he doesn't juice, just that I am jealous and want him ... er, I mean he could have done that naturally.
No offense bro but Ryan is a lot more cut then your friend. On the DVD the trainer said he had him at 5%.

Attachments

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
No offense bro but Ryan is a lot more cut then your friend. On the DVD the trainer said he had him at 5%.
I didn't even suggest he was cut. I was just demonstrating what kind of growth can happen naturally even without a pers trainer and customized diet. Ryan is very cut there yes, but also bigger than in Van Wilder. All I was sayin. :)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
stop what you're doing and go watch fight club. don't come back on this board until you do:hammer:
:thumbsup: Best advice I have seen on the board. Can't rep ya til Ispread some around

This movie should be mandatory for all males prior to first year in high school.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: Best advice I have seen on the board. Can't rep ya til Ispread some around

This movie should be mandatory for all males prior to first year in high school.
very true. only thing is most ppl don't catch the philosophical aspects of it on the first viewing. takes a couple times. IMO, fight club is the most underrated movie of all time.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I love Fight Club, but I don't get your comment. Why pre-high-school?
You don't have to get my comment. I would have said earlier like as soon as the testes drop into the sac, but I don't think the true essence would be understood at that age.

Besides, parents don't want anything interfereing with their conditioning/training. Neither does society. Have to make all the little pieces fit you know.

Usually in high school you get the opportunity to make some choices and what a difference it would make if you had some insight into the damage caused by trying to "fit in" and suppressing who you really are.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
He defintely added some decent LBM between Fight Club and Troy. I think he juced for Troy..he's bigger but lost a little definition as well.