Least Favorite Workout Day

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I truly enjoy going to the gym and working out, but lately I have a hard time getting too excited about back day. Most of us train on a split. For me it your basic 3 day: Day one chest, shoulders, triceps, and traps Day two Legs and low back Day three Back, biceps, rear delts and forearms.

I love workout Day one and lately I have beeen getiing a lot of enjoyment working out legs (kind of weird), but back day I have been having a hard time as of late. Anybody else have this problem? Any tips on how to get out of this "rut".

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Train back first session of the week, or make it the first day after the most days off, you may feel more excited about getting into it and getting it done than leaving it at the end, knowing the dreaded boring back day comes after your others... just a quick thought.

Bone

Awards
I'd say syke yourself up more............... Listen to heavier music, start a competetion with your lifting partner. Its all in your head bro :D

Peace

Bone

crazypete

Awards
least favorite workouts are the ones were i didn't eat enough in the previous 24 hrs. doesn't matter what i am doing, the workout will be crap.

2demon2

Awards
This is precisely what I did lately. For years I had my back day toward the end of the week. But back day is probably my least favorite day, and I found motivation pretty tough. So I moved it to the beginning of the week. Problem fixed!

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
least favorite workouts are the ones were i didn't eat enough in the previous 24 hrs. doesn't matter what i am doing, the workout will be crap.
i'm right there with ya bro...and i love leg day (really!)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Leg day sucks the most for me. In a perfect world I could just work tris everyday.

Hey Labrad how much time do u spend in the gym a day? I would be in their for 2.5-3 hours working all of those muscle groups a day?

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Leg day sucks the most for me. In a perfect world I could just work tris everyday.

Hey Labrad how much time do u spend in the gym a day? I would be in their for 2.5-3 hours working all of those muscle groups a day?
50 minutes door to door.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
abs ..... bleh. I guess its really because i have so much loose skin left over on my tummy from losing 120 lbs, that... I could have ronnie coleman's abs, and you would never see them :(

Hal

Awards
Jarconis, you dropped 120? You deserve mad respect for that!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
lil xenadrine always helps.. hell when i pop a xenadrine before a test my damn test scores skyrocket lol..

also look at huge ass bodybuilders before you go workout and it really inspires ya.. every once in a while i watch ah-nolds pumpin iron video, boy if thats not inspiring i dont know what is...

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Just think of an ex-girlfriend that dumped your ass and a guy with a huge back boning her, that should motivate you;)

Abs are what I hate, but do them I must.

Panther06

Awards
Thats all I think about ex-girlfriend and all the f!@kers who tell ya you cant do it. boy it gets ya pumped enough throw some serious weight around

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
Thats all I think about ex-girlfriend and all the f!@kers who tell ya you cant do it. boy it gets ya pumped enough throw some serious weight around
i dont think about the ex-gf much...i figure its her loss :D but it really motivates me when some geek tells me i cant do whatever...really motivating.

RippedUp

Awards
I love them all. Even 6.30 am cardio on empty stomach.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
love every part of my workout but flat bench. Declines, Inclines always going up but flat won't budge, kind of weird. Also, I LOVE back and legs days. Nothing like the blood rush and extreme exhaustion from squats and deadlifts. Always do them last now, and then stumble home from the gym.

baham99

Awards
My biceps aren't the smallest part of my body, but it's the weakest by far. Thus, I hate bicep days...I work my ass off on them but they don't grow stronger, period. Easy, hard, high rep, low rep, nada.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i dislike cardio. but to pick one specific body part, i would say biceps and calves. the biceps cuz thats my weakest in both strength and size. the calves because its one of my strongest muscle group however i just dont like isolating them. Sage

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
My biceps aren't the smallest part of my body, but it's the weakest by far. Thus, I hate bicep days...I work my ass off on them but they don't grow stronger, period. Easy, hard, high rep, low rep, nada.
well, at least now i know i'm not alone. my biceps seem to fight me and at times its like they say i refuse to grow or get stronger! well, i've jus tried to be persistent...and gettin there. i've put almost an inch on 'em over the last year...i do alot of straight bar curls..especillly backing up against a wall and making sure i dont sway at all....i've also been applying gvt to bicep training recently and thats done more for me than just about anything else i've tried. but i draw the line at synthol..heh:D dont wanna look like some freak...

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on the individual, but personally I see a lot better results in biceps when I do less sets. Some things I can blow out (especially back and legs) but if I do only a few heavy sets for biceps and calves, thats when they grow the most. Of course, other people grow when they train them at higher reps, its all individual and dependent on genetics.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
My least favorite day used to be leg day.....it just took so much out of me. I would literally collapse somtimes after a leg workout....completely spent. I learned to like it though.....I acctually enjoyed leg day. I am currently using HST method, which is a full body workout 3X week. I like it and it seems to be working well.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
It's leg day for me...I dread it ;) Back day is probably my favorite, I look forward to it every week. :)