Am I experiencing "dry joints"? - AnabolicMinds.com

Am I experiencing "dry joints"?

Am I experiencing "dry joints"?

I've heard people mention that they're joints are dry. I'm wondering if I'm experiencing the same thing. I've been training quite a bit lately (my shoulders are holding out for over 5 weeks now - the first time in over a year). In between my upper pecs and shoulders feels very tight. Almost sore. It's not really affecting my lifts very much - but more uncomfortable inbetween sets.

Does this sound familiar? Am I experiencing dry or sore joints? If so, I guess Cissus or OmegaFlex will help?

Thanks in advance...

The first thing I notice with dry joints is more snap, crackle and pop when they are quickly extended, then pain may follow when stressed.

If it's pain without the Rice Krispies effect, it's probably not "dry" joints, but I may be wrong.
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

I've been having joint/tendon problems lately and have been trying Cissus, Flex Support, glucosomine, and heat applied to affected areas and it seems to be working. I take a heat wrap for 20 minutes on the affected areas, and it seems to be helping.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
    •   

Hmm. No snap, crackle, pop.. I'll probably try Cissus and OmegaFlex to see what happens..

Thanks...
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

Make sure you take Glucosomine along with those.

Glucosomine. That's a new one to me. What does it do?
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are substances found naturally in the body. Glucosamine is a form of amino sugar that is believed to play a role in cartilage formation and repair. Chondroitin sulfate is part of a large protein molecule (proteoglycan) that gives cartilage elasticity.
    Both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are sold as dietary or nutritional supplements. They are extracted from animal tissue: glucosamine from crab, lobster or shrimp shells; and chondroitin sulfate from animal cartilage, such as tracheas or shark cartilage.
    What do they do?
    Past studies show that some people with mild to moderate osteoarthritis (OA) taking either glucosamine or chondroitin sulfate reported pain relief at a level similar to that of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen. Some research indicates that the supplements might also slow cartilage damage in people with OA. Definitive results about the effects of these supplements are expected from an in-depth clinical study currently being conducted by the National Institutes of Health.

Thank you. Important stuff to know...

Just so you know, i'll take glucosamine up to a month to start working...
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

Adding devil's claw root to glucosamine/chondroitin triples their effect for me. Devil's claw (harpagophytum procumbens) has been used for thousands of years in africa and is now used pretty much worldwide, the USA being the last country to accept its use. NOW sells it, so do BAC and Kalyx.

It's a great anti-inflamatory and cartilage will NOT repair if it is inflamed. Plus, the extract from this root also helps with tendonitis, burcitis, etc.
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Actually it sounds like something I had. Sounds more like an adhesion or adhesions in the teres minor and tie ins to the anterior deltoid. I have to get semi-regular massage work to bust them out or my pecs will fold my shoulders inward and too far forward..this sets you up for big time shoulder injuries.

Get some Rolfing, ART or other form of deep tissue realignment done. It's painful as ****, but it has saved me from surgery and a lot of grief. You'll feel better the same day and can be lifting better within a week.

Have to try the Devils Claw. Celadrin and glucosamine have worked really very well for me. Tumeric, 5 Loxin and boat loads of flax and fish oil also help a lot.

Thank you for that post bioman, I have the same problems. I will check this out, hopefully it will releive some of the pain and aggravation, I have had since surgury.

bioman, do you suggest ART or Rolfing which one do you think is better?

Thanks
    Last edited by Truck 44; 12-07-2005 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Actually it sounds like something I had. Sounds more like an adhesion or adhesions in the teres minor and tie ins to the anterior deltoid. I have to get semi-regular massage work to bust them out or my pecs will fold my shoulders inward and too far forward..this sets you up for big time shoulder injuries.

Get some Rolfing, ART or other form of deep tissue realignment done. It's painful as ****, but it has saved me from surgery and a lot of grief. You'll feel better the same day and can be lifting better within a week.

Have to try the Devils Claw. Celadrin and glucosamine have worked really very well for me. Tumeric, 5 Loxin and boat loads of flax and fish oil also help a lot.
    How do you know if you have this problem? My shoulders have been leaning forward as of late, kind of like my arms are rolled that way. It happened very quickly so I doubt my back grew fast enough for it to be that.
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No telling what he has, however that's my guess based on my experience. He should get checked out either way.

It has more to do with the pecs and anterior delts getting tighter than the posterior delt from what I can gather. I do a lot of back work, yet my arms still roll forward. I do basic doorways stretches but it never seems like enough. Forced stretches done at the bottom of a DB fly work better but I still have to get the teres minor stretched out by a massuese about 1-2 times per year.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 01:06 PM
  2. Stoked & Dry joints
    By SemperFi9999 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 07:16 PM
  3. Dry joints from Drive?
    By nosnmiveins in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 06:14 PM
  4. am I experiencing some rebound effects?
    By camaroguy18 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
  5. dry joints?
    By julius kelp in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 08:06 PM