Help: Cramps so bad I can hardly stand

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. When I work my abs I get extremely painfull cramps, so tight that it doubles me over and I can hardly stand. I do regular flat crunches and I also do a modified crunch (where I elevate my legs on a bench). I also do side bends/oblique crunches of a hyperextension contraption. I use to do 3x10 of each but now i can only get about seven reps on my flat crunhes and the pain begins. I am not on cycle. My last was a sd 3 weeker in july. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much.- Witty

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Stop! I have never done abs exersices and still look sexy. :) Seriously, sounds like you are overtrained

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
D thanks for the reply. How you been man? I work them on tues. thurs. sat. 3x10 Do you really think thats too much? It so strange man these cramps are killer. When I lay flat on the floor and try to rasie up thats when they kick in and I have to lay flat and relax before they go away its HORRIBLE.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I've been great and terrible sometimes in the same day, but still alive...
I suggest you stop for 2-3 weeks and see if it'll get better.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I've been great and terrible sometimes in the same day, but still alive...
I suggest you stop for 2-3 weeks and see if it'll get better.

Listen to the above quote...

Taking a week or 2 off can suck, but its necessary.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ditto on the break. Also stretch them like a mofo. I find standing a foot or two behind a doorframe, grabbing the top of the frame, and letting my body fall into an ab stretch works great. You could also try that yoga like stretch that's like a pushup but your hips are on the ground and hands right next to them while looking at and stretching towards the ceiling.

You could also try drinking more water before/during your workout and adding some taurine if needed.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
btw, how you feelin' Witty? Getting better?

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies guys. I get about 7 gms of Taurine a day and I have been taking potassium. I am gonna try stretching before hand just a bit more before I work them. I didnt work them this Tue. but I am gonna try tommorow and see what happens. I really appreciate the help guys. These cramps are horrible :(

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Dude, based on that prominence you have jutting out of your midsection I'm not surprised that **** hurts :nutkick:

But seriously, why not give it a week or two off?

RickM

Awards
Wondering how things went with some time off or the stretching.

I started getting ab cramps about 4 years ago to the point that I had to stop doing ab work. The past two years it started in other areas of the midsection.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Also try drinking a propel durring your workout. That should help with the cramps. Warm up good as well.