my split

davisville64

Awards
I dont know if its healthy, but this has actually kept me up all night, trying to come up with a new split. Is it the heart of a champion, or the mind of a mad man?

anyway

Heres the split I was thinking of doing

Day 1-tri's/light abs
Day 2-back/calves
Day 3- off
Day 4-chest
Day 5-legs
Day 6- Delts/traps/abs in am.... bi's/light calves in pm (day 6 is saturday so I can do an AM/PM easily)
Day 7-off

As for the tri's being hit 3 times a week, I only hit my delts with an overhead press every other week, and the END of my program after laterals, and only for 3 sets. I dont think my tri's get too much work, as my delts fail much sooner then my triceps.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how you have responded to different split so i cant say if its going to work for you or not. i do have a suggestion though, only problem is it might ruin the whole thing for you.

i would move day 6 to day 5. it would give you more rest for your tris before you hit them again. but then you might not be able to do the workout you want. you could keep the calves on saturday, keep it split AM PM or do it all at once.

just a thought, throw it around, look at it, chew it, let us know how it works out.

davisville64

Awards
i dont know how you have responded to different split so i cant say if its going to work for you or not. i do have a suggestion though, only problem is it might ruin the whole thing for you.

i would move day 6 to day 5. it would give you more rest for your tris before you hit them again. but then you might not be able to do the workout you want. you could keep the calves on saturday, keep it split AM PM or do it all at once.

just a thought, throw it around, look at it, chew it, let us know how it works out.
I was thinking of doing that but i dont like putting chest near delts bc one of them gets screwed that way. I might combine chest/delts. Im out for 2 weeks (except leg day) bc of a sholder injury so I got time to mess with it.

davisville64

Awards
Revised split...

1- Tri's/calves
2- Back/abs
3- off
4- legs
5-chest/delts(includes traps)... might be a little to much for 1 days work though
6-bi's/light abs and calves
7- off

Hows this look for day 5, I always have A and B workouts, variety is the spice of live

A) 22 sets

Heavy barbell bench 4

Incline DB 4

Wide grip bench 3

Leaning side laterals 4

Palms back side laterals 3

DB Shrugs 4 sets

B) 22 sets

Incline BB 4

Decline DB 4

Cross overs 3

Leaning side laterals 4