Sleep deprivation...

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Any training/nutrition tips from new dads out there? Just adopted a 5 month old boy and nights and dayz kinda blend together and I'm trying to keep up with my training and diet - but damn it's tough!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Naps are a must.. I can't remember what I did when my two were little... and I have just in the last 2 years started to get enough sleep... ;)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
bump to naps....they currently get me through my hectic schedule. I also used them with great success when I was competing and single parenting. It's hard to find time to train, eat and sleep when you are the only one for grocery shopping, bill paying, house maintenance, work, coaching sports and whatever the fu*& else happens. Learn the art of "power-napping"

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
bump to naps....they currently get me through my hectic schedule. I also used them with great success when I was competing and single parenting. It's hard to find time to train, eat and sleep when you are the only one for grocery shopping, bill paying, house maintenance, work, coaching sports and whatever the fu*& else happens. Learn the art of "power-napping"
Damn...guess I got nothing to whine about if you did all that as a single parent! Once I get over the initial waking up at ever lil noise he makes I think power napping will start working. thnx

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
if your not sleeping right your F'kd :(
what? does that help anyone? no.

dont post stupid ****.

as for the sleeping, i would have to bump to the naps. im not a parent so i dont know what its like with kids. i do know however about not getting much sleep, i would try to make the best of what you can get. ZMA might help you get more out of the little sleep you get, since in puts some people into a deeper sleep which would help you rest better.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
And, should all else fail, Red Bull.

I've had on and off insomnia for as long as I can remember. Naps, when possible, are a Godsend.

Also, stay active in a cardio sense as much as possible during the day. It makes it easier to sleep when you get around to it. In other words don't just keep busy, keep moving.

I dread the time when I have kids, because I don't think I'd wake up when they needed me. I have trouble sleeping but, once asleep, I have no trouble sleeping. A nuke up my ass might wake me up, but it's a long shot. Usually to get up once I'm semiconscious I roll out of bed and hit the floor, and then the first thing that occurs to me is how comfortable the floor is.

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Well..the good news is he's sleeping a lot more than he was so I'm managing. Workouts suffered a bit - but they're coming back goooood. :cheers: