Cardio with partially torn achilles need help please

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well there it is......MRI back and my right achilles has a micro tear with tendonosis and fluid accumlation. I have an air cast to wear 4 to 6 weeks or more.

Over the past few months I have been struggling to keep of 10 lbs of fat I added early this year. So now am terrified lol if I cant cardio. My usual cardio is hour of cardio kickboxing 3 to 4 times a week. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do for cardio in the meantime?

I hope to continue some at least moderate intensitiy cardio of some sort and do upper body workouts. Any adivce appreciated. I am pretty bummed out right now as nightly I go to gym for cardio and lfiting and its become an integral part of my fitness and social life in the last couple of years. I already now feel depressed and like a fish out of water with this news.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well there it is......MRI back and my right achilles has a micro tear with tendonosis and fluid accumlation. I have an air cast to wear 4 to 6 weeks or more.

Over the past few months I have been struggling to keep of 10 lbs of fat I added early this year. So now am terrified lol if I cant cardio. My usual cardio is hour of cardio kickboxing 3 to 4 times a week. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do for cardio in the meantime?

I hope to continue some at least moderate intensitiy cardio of some sort and do upper body workouts. Any adivce appreciated. I am pretty bummed out right now as nightly I go to gym for cardio and lfiting and its become an integral part of my fitness and social life in the last couple of years. I already now feel depressed and like a fish out of water with this news.
/bump for luck......basically I just need a recommendation on some type of equipment or exercies (not swimming as I just dont have consistent access) that has no impact on achilles and can be done with an air cast on.

DHEA

Banned
Awards
you could start doing Keigel exercises for cardio, Ive been doing them for the past few weeks and they work wonders. My grips is better than ever.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I tore my ACL clean of my femur about two years ago (since have had it replaced with an allograft). The doctor I wanted to use was in high demand and I could not get the surgery scheduled until three months after the injury. During that time I was able to maintain cardio on a stair master. My physical therapist felt that my quad strength was great enough to maintain lateral stability even without an ACL on the stair master. Sure enough, no problems whatsoever during that period and I was in able to stay in descent cardiovascular shape.