At the 1 hour mark: finish workout or avoid cortisol and stop?

JohnGafnea

Awards
If your workout is lagging behind, is it better to finish the workout or to stop and avoid the onset of cortisol?

Obviously I'm newbie, so I don't really understand how cortisol works.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
If its lagging behind, go home. If your on track, pumps are great, its not necessarily determental to continue your workout, although if you're in the gym for more than 90 minutes, you need to reconstruct your routine.

JohnGafnea

Awards
I didn't goto bed last night, so I was kinda slow. It was right around 75 minutes.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
mine generally are very brisk paced, very intense... and I'm out by 75 mins, but I'm also a fan of higher volume and the few times I haven't gotten my **** done due to extremely busy ****, lack of sleep, whatever, I just head out early and feel good about it.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I didn't goto bed last night, so I was kinda slow. It was right around 75 minutes.
If you hadnt slept the night before, dont even waste your time going to the gym, spend that time taking a nap or sleeping.

JohnGafnea

Awards
Wow. I know rest is very important, and don't often go withouth it. I didn't know though that it was so much so in the short-term effects.