numbness, help!

Jblake

Awards
Guys,
I have been getting random numbness in my right hand and arm since May of this year. It comes and goes but usually happens when I'm sitting in a chair or at bedtime. I wake up during the night and my hand is throbbing. I've been on a 12 week cycle of 400mg Test Cyp and 300mg Tren enanth (tren for first 10wks). I've finished my last shot and am transitioning into pct with superdrol at 10mg a day as the test cyp clears my body. The lady who owns the gym I go to told me it's probably from something I've mashed in my spine doing heavy squats because I've been getting too strong too fast (yeah, she's very knowledgeable on gear and the like which is cool). She was once a fitness competitor and is in smoking great shape even though she's gotta be fifty-something now. Anyways, my dad had the same problem from playing football in his younger days and had to have back surgery which fixed it. The thing is, I'm not squatting heavy compared to most guys on here. I've been taking it easy on my body and I hit 300 lbs for 5 sets with 5 reps on back squat at most and although strength has gone up I have been trying to use good form on all my lifts. I layed off lifts with the weight placed on my back altogether for two weeks but saw no improvement. Anyone have any experience or insight with this?

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
may be nothing? i had some bizarre numbness in both hands on cycle a few times. usually woke up at night with it. i never really understood it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
weird...I've also exp this weird numbing/tingling sensation while on AAS....it usually is around my left shoulder..top/side.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
maybe you're just sleeping on your arm or shoulder wrong... I know sometimes just surfing the net my hand goes to sleep from my arm being on the table, there must be some constriction of the blood vessels even with only the pressure of the weight of your arm.

Now if your arm is going to sleep when you're just walking around or making breakfast etc, I'd see a doc. But if the numbness is always accompanied by some event which involves your arm being contacted (I would imagine you read with your arms resting on your body or a chair), see if changing your posture helps.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Could be inflammation in your shoulder - some AAS (like test) actually *decrease* your body's ability to heal connective tissue (tendons, bursasacs, ligaments, etc). Couple this with intense training and rapid strength increase and you've got a b-line to shoulder impingement syndome - some of the symptoms of this are numbness in the hands/pain in your shoulder from the rotator cuff tendons pinching the nerves that run through that area.

Try icing your shoulder down every morning, night, and immediately post workout, and take it easy on shoulder day.

BV

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
I had experienced a similar numbness. Go see an orthopedic and get x rays and possibly an MRI of cervical spine(neck) and any area where you have pain. I had a problem, forgot the term,where there was inflamation on the area that the nerves go thru my spine and it was causing the pain and numbness. PROPER physical therapy and medicne will alleviate the problem

Is your gym Bev Francis?

OH kudos to Big Vrunga did not read your post till after I responded

Last edited:
Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Along these lines, I've always had this numbness/pins 'n' needles feeling in the tip of my right pinky finger after working out...it comes and goes, I hardly notice it anymore, however I do notice that the skin on the tip of that finger is rougher and tough, almost like a calous.

The same feeling just happened to my big toe on my left foot...I did nothing to injure it, and absolutely nothing to aggravate such a response (I sat on my ass and drank all weekend), and yet its still numb...

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
Ok what I had was called neural foramination of the c1 and c2 vertebra. As I explained, this is the area where the nerves go thru the spinal cord. I had pain, numbess tingling etc. It first occured while doing incline benches, i thought I pulled a neck muscle but as the days went on the pain went down to my shoulder and down my arm. Do yourself a favor see a pro