I want a huge neck.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anybody know of any good exercises for this?

SOWarrior

Board Supporter
Awards
I do this neck exercise where you lay on a bench with your head off of the edge where you can move your head up and down freely, then get a towel and put it around a 45 lb. plate and put it on your face( you're looking up towards the ceiling) and just move your head back and forth. I do sets of 10. You'll be able to feel it. I'm thinking of telling my g/f to do this one. :think: haha.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think a big neck has alot to do with genes. Much like calves and forarms, alot of times you either got it or you dont.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I do this neck exercise where you lay on a bench with your head off of the edge where you can move your head up and down freely, then get a towel and put it around a 45 lb. plate and put it on your face( you're looking up towards the ceiling) and just move your head back and forth. I do sets of 10. You'll be able to feel it. I'm thinking of telling my g/f to do this one. :think: haha.
That's a good one, but you don't do it to the sides or back? When I work neck I work all 4 sides equally. Neck machines are pretty good. Also, there's a head harness you can purchase (you can find them at APT) that allows you to hang weight from your head while working your neck.

SOWarrior

Board Supporter
Awards
I used to do it to the sides too but it made me sore when twisiting my neck to turn around so I just stick to the front and back for now.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
work out your traps enough and your neck will disappear

guyfromkop

Awards
just lift, or better yet POWERLIFT. believe me, it will get real thick

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
hope your a wrestler or football player, cuz I know not one girl that likes guys with big necks. Im talking my 18 inch neck (from football) they consider too big.....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hope your a wrestler or football player, cuz I know not one girl that likes guys with big necks. Im talking my 18 inch neck (from football) they consider too big.....
I agree for the most part...If you're not too cut and don't look like you workout WITH your shirt on, then a thick neck just makes you look fat. However when you have the traps/rear delts accompanied by a chiseled face and body, then it will do you some good.

My neck is over 19"...actually haven't even measured in awhile, could be bigger now....I can't find ANY collared dress shirts that fit me....so I have to leave the top button un-buttoned and pull the tie up...looks fvcking retarded....lol.

I've never done any direct trap or neck work....and it seems to have done me good. I think that me doing my heavy deads for 3+ years along with my heavy BB rows and heavy chins, all lead to my overall upper trap, etc. development...

If you use more compound movements, you won't have to spend so much time with the isolations when trying to build your strong foundation...JMO though. :)

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Lifted,

I know what you mean about the collars. I have had to add an xtra couple hundred in to my wardrobe fund just for alterations.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Lifted,

I know what you mean about the collars. I have had to add an xtra couple hundred in to my wardrobe fund just for alterations.
hehe, thankfully for myself, I will be switching occupations from a white-collar job to a blue-collared job this winter, so my days of the no neck name-calling at my office will soon be over. :D

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
Lifted,

yeah you gotta love the huge neck and chest in dress shirts....then the fat ass waist that goes along with it to make you look like a wind sail

guyfromkop

Awards
yeah you gotta love the huge neck and chest in dress shirts....then the fat ass waist that goes along with it to make you look like a wind sail
there is nothing worse than that, look like you are batman with wings

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i don't give a **** I am married. I just have to do this stupid bodyfat thing for the military and they measure you neck under your adams apple and pull it tight. Dude told me I had a 16" neck yet I can't wear any dress shirts under 17.5

I hear you guys about the wind sail thing I believe a standard dress shirt with an 18" neck can accomodate a 46-50" waist.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its a trip when you go to get fitted for a suit...any pair of paints that are matched to a size 50 coat look like they should be on FatBastard from Austin Powers.

For neck work - try just using your hands for resistence. Applying even pressure to each side of your head...it works great and you can do it anywhere.

I was born with a pretty narrow neck. its decent now but Ill never have a 'no neck' look that a pure mesomorph-guy could have. It's more a function of total bodymass than it is training. Do some neck work, lots of heavy deads/cleans/squats/shrugs and you'll build a thick upper girdle.

BV

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
my neck is 17-17.5 inches (which a few weeks ago was only 10 inches less than my waist) .. its so fucking annoying getting dress shirts .. i cannot FATHOM why ANYONE would want a big neck .. it blows

i do agree its probably primarily genetics

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
i don't give a **** I am married. I just have to do this stupid bodyfat thing for the military and they measure you neck under your adams apple and pull it tight. Dude told me I had a 16" neck yet I can't wear any dress shirts under 17.5

I hear you guys about the wind sail thing I believe a standard dress shirt with an 18" neck can accomodate a 46-50" waist.
and when you only have a 32" waist......"HEY GUYS GRAB ON WE'RE GOING WINDSURFING"

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate it guys. I will probably get to the overall body ifts when I get out of OCS. I am probably going to look like a shriveled little raisin when I get done and in need of putting on much mass. I leave one week from today.

I am probably going to throw some pics up today too. Stop by and check 'em out if you got time.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established

Married at 22? goddamn..... Where you from?

It seems that no one in the Northeast gets married young, but that doesnt seem to hold true for the midwest/west coast....

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Married at 22? goddamn..... Where you from?

It seems that no one in the Northeast gets married young, but that doesnt seem to hold true for the midwest/west coast....
Well I am going into the military and I knew I wanted her to come with me and follow me wherever I went and I thought that respectfull thing to do would be to marry her. I love her and knew I would I just didnt think it would be this soon but moving away from her was not an option.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Well I am going into the military and I knew I wanted her to come with me and follow me wherever I went and I thought that respectfull thing to do would be to marry her. I love her and knew I would I just didnt think it would be this soon but moving away from her was not an option.
Plus, in the military, you get paid more if you're married. :D

stalemate

Awards
yeah, i'm married and got married this year in May, when i was 21. i'm in the midwest. :D i know alot of people that get married between 18-21. hmm....must be a midwest thing like the one dude said.:think: hell, i've got a baby girl on the way. due in Dec. :thumbsup: