Which program

Bdn6654

Awards
Wanted to try a program around mass and bulking. Wanted some opinions. Was looking at regan grimes bulking program or simeonpandas bulking/mass program any opinions/ suggestions would be helpful

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wanted to try a program around mass and bulking. Wanted some opinions. Was looking at regan grimes bulking program or simeonpandas bulking/mass program any opinions/ suggestions would be helpful
What’s your experience in training?

For most of us with experience, training style really isn’t THAT important. The difference between 4 reps and 8 reps, for me, isn’t that big of a deal. The key is diet/nutrition. I can have the best training set up for my goals but if I’m not eating for my goals then I will not see results. Period. But if my diet is on point and my training is 8-12 rep normal bro split, I will see gains.

Answer my first question and I’ll be glad to help from there.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5x5 or 5/3/1 will be a good foundation builder. Your eating habits have to match the goal at hand but your sets and reps performed must as well. Training intensity, tempo during exercise, and rest periods all illicit a direct response on the muscle and this much we know for sure. Know need to guess when we have the proof of what works and doesn’t. That being said how long have you been working out? What have you done already? What kind of facility are you using?

Bdn6654

Awards
What’s your experience in training?

For most of us with experience, training style really isn’t THAT important. The difference between 4 reps and 8 reps, for me, isn’t that big of a deal. The key is diet/nutrition. I can have the best training set up for my goals but if I’m not eating for my goals then I will not see results. Period. But if my diet is on point and my training is 8-12 rep normal bro split, I will see gains.

Answer my first question and I’ll be glad to help from there.
Appreciate the response. Ive been working out about 7 years and I’m just looking to change up some stuff. Currently 5”10 192lbs around 14 -15 ish % BF. Currently on a diet around 2700 - 3000. Gonna up to about 3500-3700. Looking to add some size. Came across these 2 programs thought i would try one with the new diet and possible andro addition.

Bdn6654

Awards
5x5 or 5/3/1 will be a good foundation builder. Your eating habits have to match the goal at hand but your sets and reps performed must as well. Training intensity, tempo during exercise, and rest periods all illicit a direct response on the muscle and this much we know for sure. Know need to guess when we have the proof of what works and doesn’t. That being said how long have you been working out? What have you done already? What kind of facility are you using?
Honestly I’ve done a bunch. Been lifting aroubd 7 years. I recently moved and started going back to a LA fitness.

boomdaddy3

boomdaddy3

Awards
I am using a modified PHUL (Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower) split (more emphasis on posterior chain in my modification) with great results. Just Google "PHUL routine".

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
I am always changing my training but the foundation is 3 or 4 sets x 6 to 15 reps.

Some times i add 7x7, 8x8, but not often.

Also i do deadlifts 3 times a week. best exercise ever, for strength and muscle building.

Keep ur calories high focused on the protein intake. Watch out for ur belly, is the first think u gonna lose with poor diet. The squares on the abs.