Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Ok so the breakdown of my workout is a usual rotation of
Day 1 chest and tri’s
Day 2 back and bi’s
Day 3 legs, delts and traps

This is just repeated continuously with 5k runs thrown in 3 times a week on days I have time.

My workout is purely sets of 12-15 reps of each exercise at approx 60% of my max weight with no specific number of sets as I keep going until near fatigue.

My aim is to build mass with the idea of time under tension training.

Is this the correct route and also would it be wise to throw in heavy sessions with lesser reps?

Any help would be appreciated.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Definitely lower the reps. Working in some 12-15 can be good- I think it’s a good thing to use all the rep ranges over time- but 12-15 all the time won’t give you mass if that’s what you’re looking for. 8-10 and even 6-8 would do better for hat.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Thanks dude, I increased the weight and lowered the reps on today’s session.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
How important are deadlifts and squats in everyone’s opinion?

I deadlift 200kg and squat 140kg. It’s not something I do very often as I’m not a fan!

Just curious to see what everyone’s take on these are as they seem to be the main question folk ask what they can do on them.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think here hugely important if you don’t have any issues to preclude you from doing them. I have some blown discs in my back, so I only do very light weight squats and won’t go near a deadlift anymore. But I think they’re really beneficial if you can do them.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your input buddy. Since my hamstrings are still in pieces after my last workout I realise how good an exercise they are. I will put them into my legs day going forward I think.