Is it possible to go from 154lbs to 196lbs in 5 months?

1. Is it possible to go from 154lbs to 196lbs in 5 months?

Hi all, Iím stand at 6í and currently weigh 154lbs. I havebarley any fat on my body and am a rugby player. Iím looking at changing sports but to do that I am hoping to gain some weight, the 190-196lb mark is what Iím aiming for and am hoping to have got to there or as close as possible to that by next March thatís 5 months away. I know this weight gain is attainable on Steroids but Iím hoping to do it natural.
    Thanks guys

2. Nope, I put 30 on my my first cycle and that was a long one with around 5800 calories a day.
    People were shocked at how much muscle I put on even knowing I was "on".
    Newbie gains can be great, but not that great.

If you were dedicated and constantly progressing for 2 years, maybe.

Not here to spoil your plan, but I don't see it happening.

And I don't know your age, but steroids are a dangerous life long commitment. I wouldn't recommend it at all.
    •   

3. I’m 18 so fairly young, if it can’t be done naturally then surely now it’s a case of either give up or turn to something that can get me there lol

4. Or maybe aim for something a bit more attainable like 180-185?

5. Whatís your Body type? Endomorph,Ectomorph,or Mesomorph. Heavy Factors play a major roll with your question.
    •   

6. What’s your Body type? Endomorph,Ectomorph,or Mesomorph. Heavy Factors play a major roll with your question.
    So I’m fairly lean, I started the gym last month I was 139lbs which was dangerously underweight for my height but at the end of the month I’m 154lbs so I’d guess I’m an ectomorph but that’s by my own doing as I never used to eat anything

7. What is your daily calorie intake and can u afford to eat 3x that amount?

8. ]What is your daily calorie intake and can u afford to eat 3x that amount?
    At the minute I’m on around 2,600-3,000 calories per day and yes I can afford to go up even further if needs be

9. Quote Originally Posted by Evans55 View Post
    Iím 18 so fairly young, if it canít be done naturally then surely now itís a case of either give up or turn to something that can get me there lol
    Brother, trust me, you're too young for gear...
    24 is an age minimum you don't want to mess with. Just think of needing medicine to bang chicks because you ****ed up...

10. I know bro, I’ve seen some friends of friends in deep sh*t because of what gear did to there hearts and to the other parts of the body. It’s just frustrating that thanks to my mistake of barley eating for a year I’m never gonna get to the weight or get the muscles I’ve always wanted

11. @Evans55, I agree with Ase_james,100%.

You can do it,but not 5 months Natty.. With the Proper Diet,eating Plan,Training,and Recovery. I would say,12 months. Some of the heavy Factors is discipline dedication and sacrifice..

12. First, why do you need to add 42 lbs in that time frame? Who set that weight bracket, what is the new sport, what position, and will be you able to maintain the conditioning needed for that sport while in an extreme caloric surplus?

It wont benefit you at all to gain the weight if you no longer have the ability to perform at a high level due to what it took to get you to the target weight.

What other physical requirements other than an extra 42 lbs are there. If speed, explosiveness and stamina are a part of that then I would say you have a pretty unrealistic goal in mind. You are going to need some very good genetics and almost a perfect plan to even do that in a year. Not saying it can not be done, but you have to keep in mind that in order to gain like that you aren't going to be doing cardio or anything else that might waste precious energy that could be used towards gaining the weight you need to gain.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

13. New sport is boxing I’m looking at going up so that I can fight at a higher level, I don’t really need my speed just my power that I already have. 42lbs is what I thought would be a good weight to compete at

14. I know that this isn’t impossible as friends have made extreme muscle gains however they were on gear so it doesn’t really matter for this

15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    First, why do you need to add 42 lbs in that time frame? Who set that weight bracket, what is the new sport, what position, and will be you able to maintain the conditioning needed for that sport while in an extreme caloric surplus?

It wont benefit you at all to gain the weight if you no longer have the ability to perform at a high level due to what it took to get you to the target weight.

What other physical requirements other than an extra 42 lbs are there. If speed, explosiveness and stamina are a part of that then I would say you have a pretty unrealistic goal in mind. You are going to need some very good genetics and almost a perfect plan to even do that in a year. Not saying it can not be done, but you have to keep in mind that in order to gain like that you aren't going to be doing cardio or anything else that might waste precious energy that could be used towards gaining the weight you need to gain.
    This is why I Love this Guy! He brings it 100! @MrKleen73

16. Quote Originally Posted by Evans55 View Post
    New sport is boxing Iím looking at going up so that I can fight at a higher level, I donít really need my speed just my power that I already have. 42lbs is what I thought would be a good weight to compete at
    Boxing!?! What weight division?

17. Quote Originally Posted by Evans55 View Post
    New sport is boxing I’m looking at going up so that I can fight at a higher level, I don’t really need my speed just my power that I already have. 42lbs is what I thought would be a good weight to compete at
    Wait, you will most definitely need speed and endurance for boxing. How long have you been boxing, and why do you even need to go up in weight. If you want to compete at a higher level then fight better fighters in your own weight class. Are you in Golden Gloves, or what level of experience do you have. I mean if you are a high level amateur I can see wanting to go up in weight to fight bigger guys if you have already run through most of the ranks at your weight class and beat them. However when it comes to boxing there are plenty weight classes and unless already elite I would just work on gaining your weight gradually while fighting in each weight class on the way up. It might take 2-3 years to get that heavy but you also might find that you like walking around at 185 and fighting at 170...

I would most definitely not try to gain 42lbs quickly and go get in the ring with people who lived at that weight for years and are conditioned to it. THe amount of oxygen you will need at that new weight will be so much higher than what is needed now that your conditioning is going to need to be through the roof to handle that.

Anyway, not trying to be a Debbie Downer but if you want to be a fighter, be the fighter first, and then try to gain at a reasonable pace while learning the skill, but don't let the weight gain ever get in the way of being a better fighter... If you want to be a big dude who can fight then just work on getting big, and learn the boxing as a hobby. Choose which is the real priority then work toward the other goal more gradually with the focus on the main goal.
    Current Training Log -

18. I boxed at a very high level a few years back when I was 13-15 then I gave up on it as I had a lot of stuff going on, looking to go back but was hoping to go in and start again at a higher weight. Plus the weight gain isn’t just for the boxing I want to feel better and look better I’m 6’ tall and 154lbs do you know how small I actually look, I’ll let you imagine

19. Quote Originally Posted by Evans55 View Post
    I boxed at a very high level a few years back when I was 13-15 then I gave up on it as I had a lot of stuff going on, looking to go back but was hoping to go in and start again at a higher weight. Plus the weight gain isn’t just for the boxing I want to feel better and look better I’m 6’ tall and 154lbs do you know how small I actually look, I’ll let you imagine
    Sounds legit, I would honestly try to focus that weight gain into at least 2 years. Use a hypertrophy focused training, run sprints once a week, run distance once a week and use a lot of giant sets, complexes and circuits for your conditioning otherwise. On top of that, eat whatever you can manage to eat while not getting fat.
    Train your boxing as hard as you possibly can, work on conditioning, but always in a serious caloric surplus and don't even think about cutting weight for a fight until you are at least halfway there if you are serious about gaining the weight. Just spar against the guys getting ready for their fights to keep the wind up and timing good, but no cutting weight until you are up another 20 or so lbs.

Just some suggestions, but you have a very tall order in front of you, and will have to pick where to prioritize but I get the feeling that for you being bigger is actually a little more important than the boxing right now. Is that the case?
    Current Training Log -

20. As it goes yes It is a bigger priority than the boxing at the moment considering my current size and weight. I’m serious and determined to get bigger but I’m very new to the gym and everything that goes with it so I have no idea of muscle growth time rates or when gains become noticeable hence why I had to ask
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Evans55 View Post
    Iím 18 so fairly young, if it canít be done naturally then surely now itís a case of either give up or turn to something that can get me there lol
    Can it be done? Sure
    Optimal... No
    42 pounds in 5 months expect a ton of fat gain especailly naturally. Not worth doing especially because you will add so much fat you will hav to diet it off and then retract all your steps again.

So basically spinning wheels with so much weight so fast. Patiene is a virtue, nobody can get anywhere that fast unless you want to throw anabolics in the mix but at 18 not worth it.. Be smart and take your time you won't be adding a whole lot of LBM in 5 months as a natural.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  22. Is it possible to go from 154lbs to 196lbs in 5 months?

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Can it be done? Sure
    Optimal... No
    42 pounds in 5 months expect a ton of fat gain especailly naturally. Not worth doing especially because you will add so much fat you will hav to diet it off and then retract all your steps again.

So basically spinning wheels with so much weight so fast. Patiene is a virtue, nobody can get anywhere that fast unless you want to throw anabolics in the mix but at 18 not worth it.. Be smart and take your time you won't be adding a whole lot of LBM in 5 months as a natural.
    Here is another Guy that I Love. He also keep it at 100. @TheSolution

23. Thanks for all the replies guys, I understand now that the weight I wanted to gain is a very unrealistic goal to set and even if I gained 15-20lbs of quality mass then that would make a huge difference to my skinny frame

24. Yes. I went from 160 to 200 in about as long without much help. It also didn't change my body comp, though, so all the fat is still there or worse. It's not a good looking 200 by a long shot. I ate way too much carbs.
    Do as I say, not as I do.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2018, 11:39 AM
  2. Is it possible to workout in bed and watch tv?
    By healthychaser in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-12-2016, 10:17 PM
  3. Is it possible to get GYNO from Anavar use?
    By QUADMONSTER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 12:02 PM
  4. Is it possible to be creatine intolerant?
    By mcQ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 04:30 AM
  5. Is it possible to be "immune" to UA/SU
    By Kerruptt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 09:09 PM