Cramps after lifting??

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Long story short it was a long pull day and I decided to do deadlifts. I used the hex bar, 350lbs for 5, 3, 1, then decrease weight and repeat. I noticed after I left that I’m having crazy cramps in the inside of my elbow area and forearms/bicep. Doesn’t really hurt but maaaan it gets super tight. Not like a leg cramp in means of pain tbh. I’ve had lots of water, potassium, ate all day. Can’t really put my finger on why it’s happening and it’s bugging me because it’s never happened before. Took a potassium gluconate pill 595mg, no real relief. I do a good bit of creatine through the day at 7g through the day and I feel like I haven’t had as much water today as usual but I still drank a damn good bit of it. Idk, what you guys think?

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Could just be that your arms are too tense while deadlifting. I see a lot of people do that. Might just be soreness from doing that

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much volume do you do for bicep work and how many days before your deadlift workout do you work biceps? Also, do you do any heavy push a day or two before deadlifting?

I have noticed my biceps are sore, almost feels like cramps, after deadlifting. This has been since my deadlift jump up a lot. I am working with how much direct bicep work I am doing and it seems to be helping.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When you sweat and lose fluid, sodium and potassium become more concentrated in your blood. If you have had less water than normal. This will also increase the concentration in your blood stream.

You figure it is an electrolyte deficiency and take potassium, understandably...but things were already concentrated, so that makes it worse too.

Increasing potassium can also cause sodium loss, which causes water loss.

It could just be a bunch of small issues like above adding up. Drink more. Have some salt and magnesium.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Supplements 36
mixedup Anabolics 1
thegodfather Supplements 7
B Anabolics 14
no reason Nutrition / Health 3