Chest training with shoulder injury

1. Chest training with shoulder injury

Any advice on how to keep training chest whilst I have a shoulder injury?

I tweaked it whilst doing DB Presses last week and had to abandon my whole session. Spent the next two days with pain when ever I tried to do any push type motion. Took this week easy and went beach into a chest workout today but felt it on my first exercise, not as bad as last time but it was going that way if I continued.

Will definitely need to take it easy for a few weeks. Any advice on how to keep training my chest around the injury when pressing seems to cause problems?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Pywell89 View Post
    Any advice on how to keep training chest whilst I have a shoulder injury?

I tweaked it whilst doing DB Presses last week and had to abandon my whole session. Spent the next two days with pain when ever I tried to do any push type motion. Took this week easy and went beach into a chest workout today but felt it on my first exercise, not as bad as last time but it was going that way if I continued.

Will definitely need to take it easy for a few weeks. Any advice on how to keep training my chest around the injury when pressing seems to cause problems?
    People are going to recommend resting or do shoulder moblity/rehab exercises. It sounds like you just want to be able to do a modified chest day. So I recommend to start with lots of shoulder warm up exercises like abduction/adduction on cables, lots of face pulls with bands or cables anything to strengthen the joint. When I had pain in my shoulders I was able to lightish weight floor presses with barbell and it was something I could progressively overload on each week! I would do 0 incline work In focused on strengthening my shoulder then actually working my chest!
    But floor presses were my go to! good luck
    •   

3. You could try doing stuff at a decline. Tends to take some pressure off the shoulder.

4. Use a football bar - benching whilst rehabbing shoulder injuries is what it was designed for.....

5. Good call on the football bar!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 44 with shoulder. Injury.
    By Jwilson in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2018, 02:19 PM
  2. Should I keep training with an injury or take a break?
    By Cheeky Monkey in forum Injury / Rehab
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2017, 07:19 PM
  3. Chest Workouts after Shoulder Injury
    By mgkoret in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 05:00 PM
  4. Chest exercises with shoulder injury
    By mjswss57 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
  5. Training with minor injuries