Working legs overrated? For some people they could be correct?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    If you have ever competed you know they don't give you points for chest. Yes you need to work chest of course you do who the **** doesn't do that? But it is not a priority over back, shoulders, or abs. Take two guys, and the one with a better back will always defeat the guy who is lacking in that area no matter how great his chest looks.
    Rhoden beat Phil this year and clearly has a inferior back. That said, Shawn won bc he looked better than Phil in most pother poses.

back double bicep Phil won, Back lat-Shawn held his own, the rest Shawn won-so Shawn wins bc of better shape, better stomach, abs, more pleasing to the eye physique
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

2. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Rhoden beat Phil this year and clearly has a inferior back. That said, Shawn won bc he looked better than Phil in most pother poses.

back double bicep Phil won, Back lat-Shawn held his own, the rest Shawn won-so Shawn wins bc of better shape, better stomach, abs, more pleasing to the eye physique
    And donít forget everyone was sick of Philís attitude

It was quite a finale!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. I think working legs are underrated. I personally have zero respect for any build no matter how defined or mass filled, if the legs are not matching and ill proportioned. When I see a guy that has not worked legs, I think they are weak and lazy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    And don’t forget everyone was sick of Phil’s attitude

It was quite a finale!
    At the end of the day the best body won.

Phils is pretty intelligent how he talks about using machines vs free weights and staying injury free.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    At the end of the day the best body won.

Phils is pretty intelligent how he talks about using machines vs free weights and staying injury free.
    If Phil had his gut in check I think he would have won again. I went back and looked at Philís physiques from 2011-2016, and, especially early on in his streak, his waist was so much better. Itís just a glaring flaw how itís been the last two years.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    If Phil had his gut in check I think he would have won again. I went back and looked at Phil’s physiques from 2011-2016, and, especially early on in his streak, his waist was so much better. It’s just a glaring flaw how it’s been the last two years.

Yep Phils been putting on muscle with the mass monster effect by eating more and that stretched his stomach. Phils frame isn't as wide like Ronnies or Jays, its more narrow , and if you look at Ronnies waist from 98-88 its incredible, It widened in 2002-2003, along with his overall size. That said Ronnie had the frame and still have a great V taper despite his wider waist . Phils Frame is maxed out and the extra muscle doesnt do much, and not worth the widened waist
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

7. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    If Phil had his gut in check I think he would have won again. I went back and looked at Philís physiques from 2011-2016, and, especially early on in his streak, his waist was so much better. Itís just a glaring flaw how itís been the last two years.
    Agree 100%
    [email protected]

8. It's sort of a shame really, because a lot of people were thinking that Phil was bad for the sport, being the face and champion of the sport looking like that, but before he had that gut issue he was on top of the game for sure. It's not until the last few years that this became an issue, but that's all a lot of people remember him for now. I think that this loss may actually end up improving a lot of people's opinions of him, as they can now see that he can be beat if he's off his game, which means that they're not just handing him Mr. Os before he even steps on stage. Since he didn't win this year, last year was the only win he had that I'd say was very controversial really. If he won this year, I think it would have almost tarnished his other legit wins for a lot of people, while losing almost, ironically, validates the wins he deserved, if that makes any sense haha.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

9. Phil honestly works out with machines over free weights? Wow that is surprising to hear. Pretty cool to know considering most people think machines can't be as good compared to free weights. Well that pretty much proves them wrong.

Didn't Dorian Yates switch to Machine's as well for his training?

10. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    Phil honestly works out with machines over free weights? Wow that is surprising to hear. Pretty cool to know considering most people think machines can't be as good compared to free weights. Well that pretty much proves them wrong.

Many top pros switch to machines as they refine the foundations theyíve built. They get paranoid about deforming muscle tears that will ruin their competitiveness.
    [email protected]

11. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    Phil honestly works out with machines over free weights? Wow that is surprising to hear. Pretty cool to know considering most people think machines can't be as good compared to free weights. Well that pretty much proves them wrong.

Yes check out some of his videos. Yes Dorian used to promote using machines as well. Its whatever works best for you.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

12. When it comes to legs

Donít be that guy/girl who doesnít train legs.

I trained legs last night actually week 11 of gamma bomb

And boy it was no joke

Front squat/back squat combo

Followed by lunges

Quad pump was real last night

13. Quote Originally Posted by DEVANS89 View Post
    When it comes to legs

Don’t be that guy/girl who doesn’t train legs.

I trained legs last night actually week 11 of gamma bomb

And boy it was no joke

Front squat/back squat combo

Followed by lunges

Quad pump was real last night
    not training the hammies directly?
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

14. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    not training the hammies directly?
    The start was activation with leg curls

Then itís finish the whole workout with stiff legs

15. Quote Originally Posted by DEVANS89 View Post
    The start was activation with leg curls

Then it’s finish the whole workout with stiff legs
    nice. you didnt mention them. I was wondering. Good work.

I had a training partner back in 2011 or 2012 that we would do leg extensions, squats and leg press, then he would leave and not finish three hammie exercises with me. Very important to work both and not get inbalanced. Thats how anyone that runs as fast as possible, baseball players sprinting after a ball, or football players get injuries, bc they work there quads and not hamstrings and quads over power hamstrings, its very common

There was a baseball player that played for the local college here that had a hamstring injury from sprinting after a fly ball. I asked him if he worked hamstrings, bc I always saw him do squats and nothing else, he said, nope. I said that contributed to your injury.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

16. Anytime I have seen someone with a leg injury in sport it is always the hams. People neglect them and they are so incredibly important for not only actual performance, but aesthetics. That nice powerful profile look can never be accomplished without built hams.

17. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    nice. you didnt mention them. I was wondering. Good work.

I had a training partner back in 2011 or 2012 that we would do leg extensions, squats and leg press, then he would leave and not finish three hammie exercises with me. Very important to work both and not get inbalanced. Thats how anyone that runs as fast as possible, baseball players sprinting after a ball, or football players get injuries, bc they work there quads and not hamstrings and quads over power hamstrings, its very common

There was a baseball player that played for the local college here that had a hamstring injury from sprinting after a fly ball. I asked him if he worked hamstrings, bc I always saw him do squats and nothing else, he said, nope. I said that contributed to your injury.
    Why are you assuming all squatting is done quad dominant? My back squat is wide and deep, and itís all glute hip and ham.

If your squat is quad dominant, you are either rather close-stanced and totally upright, or youíre 1/4 squatting. The first is good; the latter not so much lol.
    [email protected]

18. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Why are you assuming all squatting is done quad dominant? My back squat is wide and deep, and it’s all glute hip and ham.

If your squat is quad dominant, you are either rather close-stanced and totally upright, or you’re 1/4 squatting. The first is good; the latter not so much lol.
    Ive always done ass to ground squats and considered it a quad exercise. normal stance for me.
    Early in my career if you will, when i first started I did close stance and my knees could take it, not now a days. im 37 and dont even do barbell squats anymore. Cable squats, hacks, leg press, and leg extensions, maybe some lunges here or there or switching things up.

I built good legs with squats although I noticed better results with leg pree, hacks and leg extension for my long femure bones. Anyone with long femure bones will more tha likely do better with hacks, leg press and leg extensions. Squats are more for shorter guys and guys with shorter femures.

last time I did all the way down squats to my heels was 2014 , hit 275lbs-10 x's. Put 135 on the bar and did them last week and said screw this, i get much better legs from other exercises, and the fact I used to squat 405 lbs back in 2004, it decompasses your sprine majorily.

Doug Brignole explains it well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaDZ6LbgyXg
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

19. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Why are you assuming all squatting is done quad dominant? My back squat is wide and deep, and it’s all glute hip and ham.

If your squat is quad dominant, you are either rather close-stanced and totally upright, or you’re 1/4 squatting. The first is good; the latter not so much lol.
    Ive always done ass to ground squats and considered it a leg exercise. normal stance for me.
    Early in my career if you will, when i first started I did close stance and my knees could take it, not now a days. im 37 and dont even do barbell squats anymore. Cable squats, hacks, leg press, and leg extensions, maybe some lunges here or there or switching things up.

I build good legs with squats although I noticed better results with leg pree, hacks and leg extension for my long femure bones. Anyone with long femure bones will more tha likely do better with hacks, leg press and leg extensions. Squats are more for shorter guys and guys with shorter femures.

last time I did all the way down squats to my heels was 2014 , hit 275lbs-10 x's. Put 135 on the bar and did them last week and said screw this, i get much better legs from other exercises, and the fact I used to squat 405 lbs back in 2004, it decompasses your sprine majorily.

heres a thigh shot for you , my second competition this past summer. I got plenty more old ones since Ive been competing since 2009, and my legs were probably bigger than.

you got a pic of your legs?
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

20. Talking about legs I needa bring up the rookie RB for the Giants. Saquon barkley. He's 21 six foot at 233 lbs. His thighs measure at 28 inches and squats 650. Kid is a fcuking beast.

21. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Ive always done ass to ground squats and considered it a leg exercise. normal stance for me.

I build good legs with squats although I noticed better results with leg pree, hacks and leg extension for my long femure bones. Anyone with long femure bones will more tha likely do better with hacks, leg press and leg extensions. Squats are more for shorter guys and guys with shorter femures.

heres a thigh shot for you , my second competition this past summer. I got plenty more old ones since Ive been competing since 2009, and my legs were probably bigger than.

you got a pic of your legs?
    Not sure why youíre asking about the quality of my legs, as the point Iím trying to make is the barbell squat is not inherently quad work - it can be a massive hamstring builder. I donít need big quads; I need bigger numbers and enough muscular balance to avoid injury. You saying a baseball player got injured because he didnít do lying leg curls and only squat is quite a stretch.

I donít have any shots of me in a speedo, but in this pic of me deadlifting 628lbs can see my legs are at least proportional to the rest of me:

Name:  IMG_0561.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  251.3 KB
    [email protected]

22. Quote Originally Posted by franks009 View Post
    Talking about legs I needa bring up the rookie RB for the Giants. Saquon barkley. He's 21 six foot at 233 lbs. His thighs measure at 28 inches and squats 650. Kid is a fcuking beast.
    Well yes when you have 300 pound linebackers trying to kill you, you better be able to run right through them. Plus stronger your lower body is the longer your career in my opinion. If you watch old highlights of Walter Payton that guy was amazing. His workouts were legendary.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Not sure why youíre asking about the quality of my legs, as the point Iím trying to make is the barbell squat is not inherently quad work - it can be a massive hamstring builder. I donít need big quads; I need bigger numbers and enough muscular balance to avoid injury. You saying a baseball player got injured because he didnít do lying leg curls and only squat is quite a stretch.

I donít have any shots of me in a speedo, but in this pic of me deadlifting 628lbs can see my legs are at least proportional to the rest of me:

Name:  IMG_0561.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  251.3 KB
    Youíre a Beast Bro!!!

24. No i said he worked his quads and didnt work his hamstrings. Its very,very common that football players and baseball players get injured bc of a quad/ham imbalance.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

25. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    Youíre a Beast Bro!!!
    Just trying to get a little bit better every single day!

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    No i said he worked his quads and didnt work his hamstrings. Its very,very common that football players and baseball players get injured bc of a quad/ham imbalance.
    I agree with you about imbalances causing injury - thereís no disputing that. Iím just saying that squats donít even build my quads hardly, compared to things like legpress.
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Some people shouldn't be allowed in the gym
    By freqfly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 04:39 AM
  2. WHY CREATINE DOESN'T WORK! (for some people)
    By AndroAnarchy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 03:44 AM
  4. What works for some (another overtraining rant)
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 09:47 PM