Working legs overrated? For some people they could be correct?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. I did legs every week till I could fit a 32 waist, but couldnt put on anything smaller than a 34 pant. The waist fits but if I try to bend or squat it is tight.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

2. Working legs overrated? For some people they could be correct?

Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    I did legs every week till I could fit a 32 waist, but couldnt put on anything smaller than a 34 pant. The waist fits but if I try to bend or squat it is tight.
    Same here Bro! Thatís why I want Squat heavy,because my legs and Gluteus will get bigger..
    •   

3. You won’t look to silly from not training legs unless your sticking needles in your bum.

4. You wonít look to silly from not training legs unless your sticking needles in your bum.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    You won’t look to silly from not training legs unless your sticking needles in your bum.
    Would there even be enough thickness? ha ha
    I am a carnivore (diet based exclusively on meat)- Here is my diet and training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/303950-im-carnivore.html
    •   

6. Yes training legs is a must just like any other body part

ideally devote as much time to your hamstrings as you do your quads. As far as calves I do them on a different day and sometimes twice a week.
    www.millenniumsport.net

https://www.facebook.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    You wonít look to silly from not training legs unless your sticking needles in your bum.
    I've seen plenty of ppl who don't juice and look rediculous from top to bottom difference in size, arms bigger then there legs

8. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I've seen plenty of ppl who don't juice and look rediculous from top to bottom difference in size, arms bigger then there legs
    you sure they don’t juice? I got good legs. My upper arms are bigger than my calves BUT my calves are still proportional looking to my body.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    you sure they donít juice? I got good legs. My upper arms are bigger than my calves BUT my calves are still proportional looking to my body.
    100%

10. I love the feeling of having a strong base. Train legs for a couple weeks and youíll feel better just walking around.

11. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    I love the feeling of having a strong base. Train legs for a couple weeks and you’ll feel better just walking around.
    Yep, imo it’s the one thing that should never be missed. Too many benefits outside of just leg development.

But

It’s tough and can be hard (if your pushing it) so people don’t. I mean no one ever sh1t themselves from a heavy curl did they lol

12. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Yep, imo it’s the one thing that should never be missed. Too many benefits outside of just leg development.

But

It’s tough and can be hard (if your pushing it) so people don’t. I mean no one ever sh1t themselves from a heavy curl did they lol
    Hahaha, true.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Yep, imo itís the one thing that should never be missed. Too many benefits outside of just leg development.

But

Itís tough and can be hard (if your pushing it) so people donít. I mean no one ever sh1t themselves from a heavy curl did they lol
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Hahaha, true.
    Ummmm.........Y'all aint working hard enough, or maybe it was the expolsive diarrhea. Lol
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

14. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Ummmm.........Y'all aint working hard enough, or maybe it was the expolsive diarrhea. Lol
    Gotta watch those preWO chimichangas
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

15. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Since when does Chest not count in physique OP? Also, good luck building good delts and arms never training chest...

No chest? What are you smoking man?
    Attachment 170850
    If you have ever competed you know they don't give you points for chest. Yes you need to work chest of course you do who the **** doesn't do that? But it is not a priority over back, shoulders, or abs. Take two guys, and the one with a better back will always defeat the guy who is lacking in that area no matter how great his chest looks.

16. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    If you have ever competed you know they don't give you points for chest. Yes you need to work chest of course you do who the **** doesn't do that? But it is not a priority over back, shoulders, or abs. Take two guys, and the one with a better back will always defeat the guy who is lacking in that area no matter how great his chest looks.
    That in no way means that you donít need a good chest. If your chest is out of proportion with the rest of your body, good luck doing well. Having back be more important doesnít mean that itís not important or doesnít matter, just that itís less important than something else.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    If you read my original post I say its important to work legs but other muscle groups take priority over them if you are competing in mens physique .Just how it goes and that is reality. You don't get points of any kind in MP for leg development. The judges don't give a ****, never have never will. In other divisions legs are important and get you points such as 212 and Mens open Bodybuilding. Some guys in MP choose to have nice legs but honestly the judges do not care!

18. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    That in no way means that you don’t need a good chest. If your chest is out of proportion with the rest of your body, good luck doing well. Having back be more important doesn’t mean that it’s not important or doesn’t matter, just that it’s less important than something else.
    Of course you need a nice chest, but IT DOES NOT TAKE PRIORITY OVER OTHER MUSCLE GROUPS THAT ARE JUDGED WITH POINTS. JUST LIKE LEGS, you want to be balanced but those are not going to have any influence on how many points you receive. MP guys don't have to build massive legs to win shows.

What is most important in my opinion is that a guy looks balanced overall.

19. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    Of course you need a nice chest, but IT DOES NOT TAKE PRIORITY OVER OTHER MUSCLE GROUPS THAT ARE JUDGED WITH POINTS. JUST LIKE LEGS, you you want to be balanced but those are not going to have any influence on how many points you receive.

What is most important in my opinion is that a guy looks balanced overall.
    When did I say it takes priority man? All I said is that itís important. Youíre the one making a myriad of qualifications for everything you say. You can have something not be the paramount concern but still be important.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    When did I say it takes priority man? All I said is that it’s important. You’re the one making a myriad of qualifications for everything you say. You can have something not be the paramount concern but still be important.
    The confusion of the internet! I was putting it in caps so others understand who read this thread. Not directed at you in anyway man! LOL

BTW Buendia probably had the best legs of all the guys at the OLYMPIA this year and placed 4th.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnzBSmgn...jeremy_buendia

21. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    The confusion of the internet! I was putting it in caps so others understand who read this thread. Not directed at you in anyway man! LOL

BTW Buendia probably had the best legs of all the guys at the OLYMPIA this year and placed 4th.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnzBSmgn...jeremy_buendia
    He just didnít come in good this year. Really an off day for him.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    He just didn’t come in good this year. Really an off day for him.
    He looked really soft compared to other years in the video of his posing routine. Maybe it was that he only prepped for 8 weeks and had to take extra gear which ended up causing this? What is your opinion? I know he isn't stupid enough to eat like **** the day before so that can't be it.

23. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    He looked really soft compared to other years in the video of his posing routine. Maybe it was that he only prepped for 8 weeks and had to take extra gear which ended up causing this? What is your opinion? I know he isn't stupid enough to eat like **** the day before so that can't be it.
    No idea. Some people just have bad days/shows. Happens to many elite-level pros; if I knew how to prevent it Iíd be a rich prep-coach lol.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    Timing matters. How foods get digested, when diuretics kick, was he holding more water from his drugs or travel etc than typical at that point in the prep - these are variables that are tough to control, never mind guys truly usually do end up tweaking things some a little whether theyíre cognizant of it or not.

We traveled overseas for my gf to compete for the first time this summer and her body held about 3lbs of water much harder than usual during the water cut. Flying to Vegas didnít do this, but traveling for a full day did. That kind of water weight reflects in a physique for sure.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Timing matters. How foods get digested, when diuretics kick, was he holding more water from his drugs or travel etc than typical at that point in the prep - these are variables that are tough to control, never mind guys truly usually do end up tweaking things some a little whether they’re cognizant of it or not.

We traveled overseas for my gf to compete for the first time this summer and her body held about 3lbs of water much harder than usual during the water cut. Flying to Vegas didn’t do this, but traveling for a full day did. That kind of water weight reflects in a physique for sure.
    Yeah that is true. He posted some awesome progress pics about a week out and looked better in my opinion than at the same point last year when he won the Olympia. Oh well just wasn't his year and he's a 4 x Champion so he has nothing to be ashamed about. To finish top 5 in an off year is still an amazing accomplishment.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Some people shouldn't be allowed in the gym
    By freqfly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 04:39 AM
  2. WHY CREATINE DOESN'T WORK! (for some people)
    By AndroAnarchy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 03:44 AM
  4. What works for some (another overtraining rant)
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 09:47 PM