Dan Jon training

Thepaganator

Thepaganator

Awards
I’m going into a bulking phase for winter. About to start a cycle of follidrone/letrone to help with some mass gain and will continue to naturally supplement as the months go on. I have recently started a keto/carnivore diet with carb re feeds one day a week. Does this program seem sufficient enough for gaining mass? I’ve done 10x10 and 5x5 multiple times before, just wondering if this would be enough work per week to actually build. If you have a program that you’ve had success with and wouldn’t mind sharing I would appreciate it.

Warm Up
Dumbbell Clean and Press
Strive for 3 x 5 with your manageable dumbbell. Keep the rest periods short.

Back Squat:
3 X 10, add weight to each set. Over the weeks, strive for bodyweight on the last set here.
Straight Leg Deadlifts:
1 x 20 with the empty barbell

Machine Back Rows:
5 x 5 really trying to hold the squeeze in the finished position. Go as heavy as you can get five reps in.

Pull Ups:
How many sets does it take you to get to 25 reps?

Bench Press:
3 x 5. The last set should still keep a couple of reps in the tank.

Curls:
3 x 5. Keep your eye on slowly increasing the weight on the bar here. Although adding reps is tempting (“I feel the pump!”), mass gaining is all about load.

Farmer Walks:
One set with heavy dumbbells. Try to make your walk end in front of the racks. You will thank me later.

Workout B, usually Wednesday, Press focus
Warm Up
Dumbbell Clean and Press
Strive for 5 x 5 with your manageable dumbbell. Keep the rest periods short.

Back Squat:
2 X 10, add weight to the second set. This is a set up workout for Workout C.
Straight Leg Deadlifts:

Machine Back Rows:
3 x 5 really trying to hold the squeeze in the finished position. Go just a little lighter than in Workout A.

Pull Ups:
How many sets does it take you to get to 15 reps?

Bench Press:
5 x 5. Warm up with a few easy reps before you start counting the sets. All five sets should be relatively heavy.

Curls:
3 x 10. It’s okay to feel the burn and pump today.

Farmer Walks:
Two sets today. Walk out as far as you can from the rack and put the weights down. Then, simply return them!

Workout C, usually Friday or Saturday
Warm Up
Dumbbell Clean and Press
Strive for 3 x 5 with your manageable dumbbell. Keep the rest periods short.

Back Squat:
5 X 10, add weight to each set. Plan the workout so that set four is bodyweight and set five is just a bit more. This last set is the one that makes or breaks your training.

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

Machine Back Rows:
2 x 5 really trying to hold the squeeze in the finished position. Go as heavy as you can get five reps in.

Pull Ups:
How many sets does it take you to get to 12 reps? The goal would be one set.

Bench Press:
3 x 5. The last set should still keep a couple of reps in the tank. Rein it in a little today.

Curls:
2 x 5 plus one set of ten. The best of both worlds in the curl today: a little strength and then finish off with getting some blood in the biceps.

Farmer Walks:
Strive for a heavier bell each week here. Make yourself push this movements to the limits here. Walk a long ways, stop, refresh and try to go a little farther. I always had a target or goal to get to. Now, of course, coming back…

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
If it challenges your strength endurance then you will get bigger
If it doesn't then it won't

I don't know your work capacity, neither does anyone here. Start easy and add sets each week and you'll find the point where you're pushing yourself pretty quickly