Please critique my routine...

rydaos

Awards
Been doing the same routine for awhile now, looking to switch it up. I did PHAT in the past but just seemed like it was too much volume for me. I've also done DC in the past but seemed like not enough volume. And honestly, I'm not really looking to bulk or cut, I like where I am at, just want to maintain and maybe gain a bit of strength. So for the most part, I wont be in a caloric surplus or deficit. I can only workout Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri. Ive been lifting for 7 years now. 33 years old, 170lbs. Never on gear and never will be. Deadlift Max is 400lbs, Bench is 270lbs, Squat is 340lbs, never Max'd OHP.

Monday - Pull 1
Deadlifts
Weighted Pull-Ups
Neutral Grip Cable Rows
Leg Curls
Face-Pulls
Barbell Curls

Tuesday - Push 1
Front Squats
Leg Extensions
Incline Press
Flat Flypress
Upright Rows
Side Lat Raises
OH Tricep Press

Thursday - Pull 2
RDLs
Glute/Ham Raises
Bent Over Rows
Close Grip Pull Downs
Inverted Rows
Reverse Pec Deck
Incline DB Curls

Friday - Push 2
Lunges
Narrow Stance Leg Press
Bench
Weighted Dips
OHP
Front Lat Raises
Skullcrushers

Will work in Abs/Calves 2x/week each.
Not going to list each set/rep scheme, but I will be using rest/pause, dropsets and mTor depending on the lift.

Does this seemed balanced enough? Anything I'm overdoing/underdoing?? Thanks for any advice...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you're hitting your goals and the programming is working, then stick with it. Your split makes sense to me, as a push/pull. I will say that when I shifted gears this year from "cutting" to strength building, my days per week landed exactly like yours, but my split is more traditional legs/upper body.

monday - squats and related / intensity day
tuesday - overhead press and related and pulls for symmetry

weds rest - love this. makes me feel great

thursday - squats and related / volume day
friday - bench and related and pulls for semmetry

weekend - if I get a day on the weekend it's usually an accessory upper day with a WOD that is full body, again for symmetry.

this methodology has helped rebuild my squat and bench fast, and given me PR overhead presses.

admittedly, what's better about your setup and worse about mine, is i have a hard time getting deads in right now. But in the effort of CNS preservation and a lagging back injury, I've made squats my #1 priority.

edit: Honestly I like yours. what it comes down to I think at the end of the day with your programming is:

are you still making gains
are your training weights/sets appropriate
are you getting the rest you need without cns fatigue

if yes, then keep at it. looks good.