Running Back Pain

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does anyone else get lower back pain only when they run? Its the only time it happens to me. And its nothing I can really skimp on being in the military. I have to run 4 times a week with my unit. the back pain is very irritating.

Any Ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Adams

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
First off, Thank you for serving!! I myself just got out of the corps in november and miss it, but not to much due to the dissabilities that I have gotten during my time of service. I had lower back pain while running but only after a couple years in. Come to find out, my right hip had dropped 3/4 of an inch. It is called limb length discrepency. Now I am 40% disabled and collect a check every month. Make sure you mention this to your doc cause they overlooked mine for about a year until I went to a podiatrist. Good Luck

Andrew

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
try stretching your hip flexors for a good 5 minutes before you run (do this by kneeling on one knee .. putting the other knee straight in front of you, arch your back, lean forward, and try to drive the hip of the knee touching the ground down into the ground) .. this may help a TON

captain chet

Awards
try stretching your hip flexors for a good 5 minutes before you run (do this by kneeling on one knee .. putting the other knee straight in front of you, arch your back, lean forward, and try to drive the hip of the knee touching the ground down into the ground) .. this may help a TON
Sort of like an exagerrated lunge right?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ill try this one next time... Thanks for the advise.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First off, Thank you for serving!! I myself just got out of the corps in november and miss it, but not to much due to the dissabilities that I have gotten during my time of service. I had lower back pain while running but only after a couple years in. Come to find out, my right hip had dropped 3/4 of an inch. It is called limb length discrepency. Now I am 40% disabled and collect a check every month. Make sure you mention this to your doc cause they overlooked mine for about a year until I went to a podiatrist. Good Luck

Andrew
No thanks needed... I LOVE the military.

Anway Ill give it just a little while longer... get new shoes, try new stretches... cause I really hope its nothing like that.

Adams

captain chet

Awards
I had pain in my lower right back when running. What helped me was a pair of orthotics from a foot dr. Basically its just insers that give your foot the correct landing points when you run. They are awkward to get used to but help a ton! It worked for me in track and field.