Training plan for next 12 months

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    You progress in strength or mass?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    Until you reach a very high level strength and mass gains are synonymous with each other
    This for the most part. As a muscle gets stronger, it will also get bigger. This may not be a linear correlation, but it is a correlation and despite what people may want to believe, training for strength is the best guage of progress.

There aren't any 250 pound bodybuilders with 10% bodyfat who can't bench 200.

2. I dunno if it’s the slinmax or what but I’ve been pumped to the max for the past couple days. Started vacation in Mexico Friday. Did a quick workout Sunday. It’d been about 6 days and I just felt like doing something. My chest, shoulders and back have been feeling massive since. Of course, there’s a fair amount of bloat going on too, from all the food and alcohol.
    •   

3. Started a new schedule this week, trying to find something I can maintain, recovery wise. Been kinda yo-yo’ing a bit, frequency up and down trying to find the sweet spot. I keep hitting a point of overtraining and then having to rest up again. So, it’s gonna be a M/W/F schedule. HIT lifting on Monday and Friday, Wednesday will be cardio day- 6-8 minutes HIIT on the bike followed by 20 minutes on the elliptical with HR at 148.

Hoping this schedule keeps my legs fresh enough to be able to push it on the bike. With fresh legs, I can get my HR over 170 on the work intervals. When legs aren’t so fresh, I hit the high 150’s and that’s about it.

Should know next week. I did cardio Sunday, hen again Wednesday this week. Struggled to get my HR up on Wednesday. We’ll see how next week goes with the scheduled rest in between sessions.

4. Iíve never in my life loaded up mass naturally like I am with this upper lower upper lower split. I canít believe I never tried it before. Definitely recommend.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    I’ve never in my life loaded up mass naturally like I am with this upper lower upper lower split. I can’t believe I never tried it before. Definitely recommend.
    Care to elaborate? How are you setting up the split?
    •   

6. Upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest/rest. Itís not a program where you demolish each muscle group each session. Itís a moderate volume program. 1 minute rest periods between sets. For example my FIRST upper day looks like this:

Chin ups: 3 sets 6-12 reps
    DB Bench Press: 6 sets 10 reps
    Landline T Bar Row: 3 sets 10 reps
    Standing DB Press: 3 sets 10 reps
    Seated Cable Row: 2 sets 10 reps
    DB lateral raise: 2 sets 10 reps
    Ez Bar Curl: 3 sets 10 reps
    French Press: 4 sets 10 reps
    DB shrugs: 3 sets 15 reps

7. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    Upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest/rest. It’s not a program where you demolish each muscle group each session. It’s a moderate volume program. 1 minute rest periods between sets. For example my FIRST upper day looks like this:

Chin ups: 3 sets 6-12 reps
    DB Bench Press: 6 sets 10 reps
    Landline T Bar Row: 3 sets 10 reps
    Standing DB Press: 3 sets 10 reps
    Seated Cable Row: 2 sets 10 reps
    DB lateral raise: 2 sets 10 reps
    Ez Bar Curl: 3 sets 10 reps
    French Press: 4 sets 10 reps
    DB shrugs: 3 sets 15 reps
    Jesus that’s a ton of volume compared to what I do. Glad it’s working for you

8. Got in today for about 50 minutes of incline walking and a short bit of core work. Hopefully doing this once a week can slow down any fat gain without beating my legs up.

Diet has been good. Been sticking to the format and have been very consistent. Had lamb for dinner instead of beef, just for a change of pace. Today’s meals were:

Weights in the morning...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Choosing a Training Plan for College Freshman
    By Ryguy2016 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 05:11 PM
  2. Training Protocol for next cycle-need fresh ideas
    By Jebrook in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 11:17 AM
  3. Feedback on plan for next Cycle