Can anybody recommend some training programs

Ironeater93

Awards
I currently have arnolds blueprints to cuts but was just curious of some other ones ive habent come across

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Quads: 12-15 reps, 12-18 sets, 6 sets maintenance
Hamstrings: 6-10 reps hinge, 10-15 reps curls, 10-16 sets, 4 sets maintenance
Chest: 8-12 reps, 12-20 sets, 8 sets maintenance
Back: 6-20 reps, 14-22 sets, 8 sets maintenance
Biceps: 8-15 reps, 14-20 sets, 4 sets maintenance
Triceps: 8-20 reps, 10-14 sets, 4 sets maintenance
Rear/Side Delts: 10-12 reps, 16-22 sets, 6 sets maintenance
Calves: 8-12 reps, 12-16 sets, 6 sets maintenance

Sets are weekly. Maintenance sets are the minimum needed to not shrink
Start at the lower end of the weekly set recommendations. When you can't increase the weights, add sets until you are at the top end of the range
When you find you're training so much that you're unable to get in a good training session, do maintenance volume for 3-4 weeks.

The ratio of work:maintenance should be 3:1 or 4:1.
That means if you do maintenance for 4 weeks, you should have done 12-16 weeks of increasing weights and volumes first
If you're burning out quicker than that, you're starting with too much volume or adding volume too quickly
Likewise if you don't need a deload after 16 weeks you're not pushing hard enough and need to increase volume more

Lay out the sets however you want. Training split is personal preference and depends on your schedule

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
if you are natty - Lyle‘s Bulking Routine

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
German Volume Training is pretty good also depending on your goals.. it helped me to build a stronger base and strength my tendons some while I got more comfortable with the movements again without much risk of injury since alot of it is machine work, but I wouldnt use it forever..

Ironeater93

Awards
German Volume Training is pretty good also depending on your goals.. it helped me to build a stronger base and strength my tendons some while I got more comfortable with the movements again without much risk of injury since alot of it is machine work, but I wouldnt use it forever..
That would be good for me to coming back in ive been cuttin so its been alot if cardio so i should probably strenghen my tendons as well to be ready for heavy lifts for mass thats y i really like the isolation in arnolds blueprints for cuts

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
That would be good for me to coming back in ive been cuttin so its been alot if cardio so i should probably strenghen my tendons as well to be ready for heavy lifts for mass thats y i really like the isolation in arnolds blueprints for cuts
You could also incorporate heavy holds and heavy partials to help with that also. Sipes was a big fan of those. Up to you.. just have fun with it:)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PHAT - best of both worlds (strength/hyper)... I personally run/have a 5 and 6 day version I created that uses a PPL format for the 6 and the normal PPLUL for the 5

Ironeater93

Awards
You could also incorporate heavy holds and heavy partials to help with that also. Sipes was a big fan of those. Up to you.. just have fun with it:)
Will do man i beileve arnolds have 5 sec on each motion as well on holds definetly gonna use sipes to take it to next level once i get done with arnolds blueprints

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My goal is to lean out so im thinking strength then maybe hypertrophy on next cycle
For strength, I love 5/3/1. You could also look into PHAT. I am running a modified 5/3/1 routine and love it.

Ironeater93

Awards
For strength, I love 5/3/1. You could also look into PHAT. I am running a modified 5/3/1 routine and love it.
Been hearing alot about it been looking into it havent came across it until this thread thanks guys

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Phat has definitely been doing the good for a while. I tend to switch between that and 5/3/2 programs . I follow the concept but just piece them together myself based on goals at the time