Kris Gethin Programs - 8 week Muscle Trainer

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Just hoping to get some AM feedback on his programs. I see he just released another yesterday this 8 week muscle trainer

https://www.kagedmuscle.com/blogs/trainers/8-week-muscle-building-challenge

Thoughts on how he lays out programs? The actual weightlifting part

Anyone who has used other of his programs?

I try to exclude the diet part when reviewing, I think if anyone follows a diet that strict and does the cardio on top it’s impossible to not get results.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’Ve done the 4weeks2shred and his last 8 week trainer last year. They are fun following a set program and being in a challenge, but i just don’t find the programs sustainable. Cardio everyday, twice a day.. and then the lack of frequency in body parts.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’Ve done the 4weeks2shred and his last 8 week trainer last year. They are fun following a set program and being in a challenge, but i just don’t find the programs sustainable. Cardio everyday, twice a day.. and then the lack of frequency in body parts.
Ya makes sense! A quick overview of this one I was thinking the same thing with the splits. A ton of cardio as well! It would be interesting to try and commit to it for 8 weeks but I don’t think it’s realistic for me with 3 young kids right now and when I’m working days out of town gone 15 hours.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've done his original dtp program and his original 12 week transformation program both from bb.com. I followed the cardio, workouts and diet to a t. Results were excellent.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Just doing some program you found online is not a good idea
Everyone has a different max recoverable volume and a different minimal effective volume and a different amount of volume required for maintenance

Your training plan should be set up in a way that you can start at you minimal effective volume and slowly increase volume each week until you hit your maximum recoverable volume (the point of time where you're doing so much you can't hit the weights required the next session) then spend 3-4 weeks at your maintenance volume before working back up again

If you do some program online, you're just guessing the volume and unless it happens to fit you perfectly and is right on your max recoverable volume you're not going to be making the progress you want to make.

A powerlifter might have a max recoverable volume of 5 working sets to failure per week for squats while it will be closer to 30 for someone that works on their 500m indoor rowing time and doesn't bodybuilding type training

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just doing some program you found online is not a good idea
Everyone has a different max recoverable volume and a different minimal effective volume and a different amount of volume required for maintenance

Your training plan should be set up in a way that you can start at you minimal effective volume and slowly increase volume each week until you hit your maximum recoverable volume (the point of time where you're doing so much you can't hit the weights required the next session) then spend 3-4 weeks at your maintenance volume before working back up again

If you do some program online, you're just guessing the volume and unless it happens to fit you perfectly and is right on your max recoverable volume you're not going to be making the progress you want to make.

A powerlifter might have a max recoverable volume of 5 working sets to failure per week for squats while it will be closer to 30 for someone that works on their 500m indoor rowing time and doesn't bodybuilding type training
I don't disagree with your views, but not for nothing I've found most programs I've done start with less volume/ higher calories/ less cardio and increase as the program goes on. Also in a way it is auto regulated because they give you a rep range and hopefully an rpe, everyones performance will be individual. It's simply a guide and for people who don't have the time to write thier own programs, want a change of pace, or just aren't as experienced, it's a great tool.