Lifting in morning or night?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I do construction so sometimes I work 12 hr days hanging steel all day and when I get home don’t have the energy to lift so was thinking about switching to lifting in morning which I’ve never done was curious if I would be tired all day at work from it, Is better for you etc if anyone had any insight on this I would appreciate it

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
Really doesn’t matter, totally subjective

If you have energy in the morning and aren’t significantly sacrificing quality sleep...then lift in the morning

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lift mornings before working 10-12 hrs. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the hydrant.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Buy a crapload of protein bars and oysters to munch on throughout the day. Missing out on the feed is what breaks me off the most. Some days it is almost inevitable and I pay the price.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your co workers will also love the natural gases you provide thought the work day.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Hahaha appreciate the input think I’ll be doing protein shakes with water in weird when it comes to milk after extended period of time

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sometimes im on jobs that are 10hrs a day 7 days a week for 6-10 weeks straight. Lifting before work does not make me more tired at work. Training after work actually snaps me outta it and even sometimes to the point i dont wanna sleep. The hardest thing about lifting after work is the drive to the gym. 15min into the workout my energy comes right back

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3am workouts for me. Put in around 16 hours a day labor m-f, usually 6-8 sat-sun. Workout 5 days a week. I feel as though the early morning workout actually gives me more energy for the day. Also, mentally you have the alpha feeling all day long like when you are working beside a slacker and think to yourself " what was this Bama doing at 3am this morning "

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Iv been lifting in the am around2:45 to 3 for the past three days and whatbyour saying is 100% true I feel a lot different a lot more alert energetic actually loving it lol

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get to work in the morning listening to everyone complain about how tired they are and all that bs....I've done ran about 4 miles done 150 Pushups 150 situps and pushed about 10,000lbs of weight all jacked up on all kinds of supps, every body looking at you like your nuts.....that's what it's all about for me

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
������exactly then you gotta hear calm down your working to fast blah blah blah gets old

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I too work a rigorous manual labor job for long hours. One guy I work with does triathlons. He puts on serious miles running, biking, and swimming after work. He once drove from Seattle to Salt Lake City after work to do a half iron man and then drove back to Seattle and on no sleep. He’s also 100% natural. He won’t even put otc pain meds in his body. So basically what I’m saying is it’s totally doable to workout before or after a labor job because it comes down to the strength of your mind, not your body.

As for me, I’m not that hardcore. When my working life gets intense, I do light workouts afterward and save the hard workouts for my days off. I still see gains this way.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Yea I’m enjoying the morning buts everyone does function different

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do construction so sometimes I work 12 hr days hanging steel all day and when I get home don’t have the energy to lift so was thinking about switching to lifting in morning which I’ve never done was curious if I would be tired all day at work from it, Is better for you etc if anyone had any insight on this I would appreciate it
It is too subjective; some people feel more energized for the day while others do not. I do feel more energized after my workout, but we could be different. It is one of those things you have to try for yourself. However, do not train in the morning once or twice and think you have it figured out. The first week or so, it is going to be new to your body, so you would have to give yourself proper time for your body to get used to the early training session.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe you should train at whatever time you feel the most alert. For me, that’s the mornings. But I can only train during the mornings on my days off from work. Getting up at 4am leaves me no time for an early morning session. Usually go for a very short run with my dog but that’s it. Train around 430pm.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe you should train at whatever time you feel the most alert. For me, that’s the mornings. But I can only train during the mornings on my days off from work. Getting up at 4am leaves me no time for an early morning session. Usually go for a very short run with my dog but that’s it. Train around 430pm.
I agree. But also, training can make you become alert even if you were feeling sluggish just beforehand. Though in those instances finding motivation to train is very hard.