Opinion on ďBest damn workout programĒ

  1. Opinion on ďBest damn workout programĒ


    Hey just casually looking at what could be a future program to run and I always like to get other opinions. With some google searching this one popped up. Seems interesting and against what I normally do.

    I donít need any hate, Iím not a pro and donít have experience like a lot of you guys. Iím looking to get bigger but want the strength as well not just size.

    I like the idea of mixing legs in and not having a set like day like on push/pull/legs.

    Thanks guys looking forward to hearing some thoughts


    https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...atural-lifters

    Monday Ė Workout **

    Romanian Deadlift:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Pronated Lat Pulldown or Pull-Up:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Bent-Over Lateral:  2 sets of 8 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Standing Barbell Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Tuesday Ė Workout B1

    Front Squat:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Bench Press:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Wednesday Ė Workout A2

    Lying Leg Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Straight-Arm Pulldown or Dumbbell Pullover:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Pronated Chest-Supported Row:  2 sets of 8 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Preacher Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Thursday Ė Workout B2

    Leg Extension:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Pec Deck or Cable Crossover:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Military Press or Dumbbell Shoulder Press:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Close-Grip Decline Bench Press or Dip:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Friday Ė Workout A3

    Glute Ham Raise or Reverse Hyper:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Supinated Lat Pulldown:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Neutral-Grip Cable Seated Row:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Saturday Ė Workout B3

    Hack Squat Machine or Leg Press:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Incline Bench Press or Incline Dumbbell Press:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Dumbbell Front Raise on Incline Bench:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Rope Triceps Extension:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set


  2. Thatís a lot of 6 rep schemes. Doesnít look like that much volume?
    •   
       


  3. LAYNE Norton PH3

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Hey just casually looking at what could be a future program to run and I always like to get other opinions. With some google searching this one popped up. Seems interesting and against what I normally do.

    I don’t need any hate, I’m not a pro and don’t have experience like a lot of you guys. I’m looking to get bigger but want the strength as well not just size.

    I like the idea of mixing legs in and not having a set like day like on push/pull/legs.

    Thanks guys looking forward to hearing some thoughts


    https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...atural-lifters

    Monday – Workout **

    Romanian Deadlift:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Pronated Lat Pulldown or Pull-Up:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Bent-Over Lateral:  2 sets of 8 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Standing Barbell Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Tuesday – Workout B1

    Front Squat:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Bench Press:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Wednesday – Workout A2

    Lying Leg Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Straight-Arm Pulldown or Dumbbell Pullover:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Pronated Chest-Supported Row:  2 sets of 8 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Preacher Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Thursday – Workout B2

    Leg Extension:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Pec Deck or Cable Crossover:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Military Press or Dumbbell Shoulder Press:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Close-Grip Decline Bench Press or Dip:  2 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set
    Friday – Workout A3

    Glute Ham Raise or Reverse Hyper:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Supinated Lat Pulldown:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Neutral-Grip Cable Seated Row:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Saturday – Workout B3

    Hack Squat Machine or Leg Press:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Incline Bench Press or Incline Dumbbell Press:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Dumbbell Front Raise on Incline Bench:  2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set
    Rope Triceps Extension:  2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set
    Looks good to me, 5 day routine with a variety.
    I'm rather basic to be honest compared to most and I'm no pro either.
    I believe a nice 3 on 1 off is my favorite. Always felt just right.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    Want to know more?
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Dandecoteau View Post
    Thatís a lot of 6 rep schemes. Doesnít look like that much volume?
    I guess thatís the point of it. Lower volume but higher frequency. Itís all about natural lifters not being able to do the same volume as enhanced lifters.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    PPL
    Lol guessing you didnít read my full post. I was asking to avoid a workout with a set leg day like push/pull/LEGS

  7. I'd have to say that a program u belive in and stick to is the best. But for me it's 5/3/1. I've been running that for any years and have had great results.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    I'd have to say that a program u belive in and stick to is the best. But for me it's 5/3/1. I've been running that for any years and have had great results.
    Iíve been 5/3/1 for a while and I do like it. Made great progress as well.

    I think I might add too much extra work and burn myself out

  9. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    I'd have to say that a program u belive in and stick to is the best. But for me it's 5/3/1. I've been running that for any years and have had great results.
    Whatís the 5/3/1?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Dandecoteau View Post
    Whatís the 5/3/1?
    https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/53...-pure-strength

  11. Sounds like you're still working things out so I say give it a shot and see how you respond. It can take years to figure out what training style works best for you. BTW you don't need low reps and heavy weight to get super strong. Keep an open mind. You can build a bench well between 300-400lb without ever training with more than 150-200lb if you like.

  12. Itís a good program... Iíve ran a variation for awhile now. 5/3/1 is solid too... but you canít add weight to the bar forever. As you get older- you have to adjust your style a bit... time under tension, rest pause etc.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Sounds like you're still working things out so I say give it a shot and see how you respond. It can take years to figure out what training style works best for you. BTW you don't need low reps and heavy weight to get super strong. Keep an open mind. You can build a bench well between 300-400lb without ever training with more than 150-200lb if you like.
    Can you explain? To get up to double seems excessive. That would roughly mean you would have to build up to be able to do 30 reps of 200lbs to be able to 1 rep 400.

    Assuming it would be done with rest pauses, clusters, slow tempo lifts? Stuff like that

  14. Quote Originally Posted by kl1234 View Post
    It’s a good program... I’ve ran a variation for awhile now. 5/3/1 is solid too... but you can’t add weight to the bar forever. As you get older- you have to adjust your style a bit... time under tension, rest pause etc.
    All that is now covered in 5/3/1 Forever book

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Can you explain? To get up to double seems excessive. That would roughly mean you would have to build up to be able to do 30 reps of 200lbs to be able to 1 rep 400.

    Assuming it would be done with rest pauses, clusters, slow tempo lifts? Stuff like that
    Exactly, high reps with lower loads. Break it up with lots of sets and low rest periods. For bench lets say you start with 8x12 with 150lb for example with 30 second rest periods. When that gets too easy superset with dumbell presses, add additional sets, increase reps, change tempo etc. So many ways to mix it up and keep progressing including methods you've mentioned. Nothing wrong with low rep training either and I've trained with guys who grow faster on low volume, low rep schemes. I could probably have built a 300lb bench on low rep training, eventually... The point is I grow in size and strength much faster from extremely high volume with lower loads.

  16. d.u.p. did it for me gained 95 lbs on my 1 rep max for bench in 4 months it's documented on my Instagram
    I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

  17. My favorite routine is a P/P hitting everything twice a week. I only train 4x a week so thatís why itís PP and PPL.

    Right now Iím doing chest/back as my A1 and Legs/Arms as B1 then A2 - B2. Iím about to go back to the PP though just wanted to change it up for a couple of months.

    Here is the link for the PP routine. Really good size. This routine is one of the most recommended routines for natural lifters and it explains why.

    https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...atural-lifters
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  18. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    My favorite routine is a P/P hitting everything twice a week. I only train 4x a week so thatís why itís PP and PPL.

    Right now Iím doing chest/back as my A1 and Legs/Arms as B1 then A2 - B2. Iím about to go back to the PP though just wanted to change it up for a couple of months.

    Here is the link for the PP routine. Really good size. This routine is one of the most recommended routines for natural lifters and it explains why.

    https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...atural-lifters
    Hey ya that is the same link I posted and I was wondering about!

    So youíve ran this p/p for a while? Itís such low volume per workout.

  19. So many good programs - anything you can stick to is good in my book.

    Smolov for squats in particular is brutal but effective, I’ve run phat a number of times and like it a lot. Currently doing madcow 5x5 and finding the drop to 3 ‘intense’ sessions a week an interesting change.

    I’ve always had the view that if you pick a program that has the basics (I.e compounds at the core, progressive overload and enough volume/frequency) and stick to it you make progress for a while. When progress stops or you get bored start a new one.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Hey ya that is the same link I posted and I was wondering about!

    So youíve ran this p/p for a while? Itís such low volume per workout.
    Yeah I forgot to mention about the volume part. Hereís the thing, when you hit everything twice a week, you donít really NEED that much volume. Itís about intensity. That being said, I do believe that routine is a bit low on volume. When I first tried it out, I ran it exactly how itís laid out for about 2 weeks then I started tweaking it and adding more volume (but not too much). Everybody is different. Do what you respond to best. Mess around with it and see what you like!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  21. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Smolov for squats in particular is brutal but effective, I’ve run phat a number of times and like it a lot. Currently doing madcow 5x5 and finding the drop to 3 ‘intense’ sessions a week an interesting change.
    I love Smolov. Got my legs to a point where I'm forever playing catch up with my upper body development. I have to say the base meso has always fetched the greatest gains for me. As a whole it's still fantastic for those who need to bring their legs up in a hurry.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Opinions on best pre and post workouts
    By way2leann in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 12:14 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 05:52 PM
  5. Opinions on best vehicles under 20k?
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Log in
Log in