Who trains Total Body 3x a week?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Who trains Total Body 3x a week?


    If you do, and have success.... what's your routine?


  2. I am doing this right now. But I never do this routine natural because of the chance of overtraining.

    I usually start off slow and watch my total # of sets, then as weeks progress, I add in more sets. When I feel I am not recovering properly then I switch focus/emphasis, but still do fullbody.

    For example, when I switch emphasis I'll do something like this:

    Monday (chest emphasis):

    start with core routine on floor to warm up
    -
    squats x 3-5 working sets
    -
    flat benchpress w/reverse grip 3-4 sets
    incline dubmbell flies 3-4 sets
    cable cross 3-4 sets
    -
    cable rows (hold/pause TUT sets) - 6 sets
    cable pulldowns - 3 sets
    back extensions - 5 sets of 10 (bw)
    -
    shoulders - cable diagonal pulls
    (from high to low) 3 sets
    (from low to high) 3 sets
    -
    seated shrugs - 3 sets
    -
    curlbar curls - 3 sets
    hammer curls - 3 sets

    Wednesday (back emphasis)

    Same workout as Monday but fewer sets on chest and more on back

    Friday (chest emphasis)

    Same workout as Monday but since I take 2 days off afterwards, then I may throw in even more volume


    The following week I switch up emphasis. Monday has back emphasis, Wednesday chest, Friday back. And then I start over the following week. Works for me but this is on about 1G AAS + peptides etc.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by pro45 View Post
    If you do, and have success.... what's your routine?
    I did it when I first started and a few times here and there. Results were always great, epically for strength but size 2. I don't feel there's any risk of overtraining as long as you stick to 1-2 exercises per body part. Bench,squat or deadlift,overhead press, bent over row I would do every other day and pick a few extras. I would normally do 3-4 sets of 6-8.
    Milk and squats routine was great too.

  4. I do a 90 minute full-body workout 4x a week or strictly every other day, I do 9 sets of back, 9 sets of chest, and 6 sets of legs then 1x3 super set to end it with a cycle of biceps, triceps, and traps followed by 90 seconds rest then rinse repeat. I focus on lower volume, higher intensity, and steadily progressing each week in terms of total weight load. Sometimes the progression is more weight and some times the same weight with more reps each set depending on how I feel that workout.

    I've been progressing on this so far and when and if it starts to slow down I'll add more androgens/calories/ or skip a day for a week to let my body recover. Also so far it seems to be not enough so if I'm still moving and shaking two weeks down the road I plan on adding an additional 3 sets of chest, back, and legs, while also adding more accessory work to polish it off. The only body part that seems at risk of becoming a bottle neck is delts so I'm been avoiding overhead press for the time being but plan on adding it soon at two sets of moderate weight a going from there. Days off are abs and cardio both light intensity so they don't mess with recovery.

  5. I also do. My program atm is reps go from 15,12,10,8,6 x 2 drop sets on the last set of 6. Theses are done for compound exercises squat, bench, row, shoulder press, curl, close grip. Weight used for each rep range noted and add 2kg if reps met. Then after say squats Iíll do leg ext, pecs Iíll do flys ect. Bout 5 sets of these short rest period to get a good pump.
    On off days Iíll do cardio or calisthenics. Been working great
    •   
       


  6. Good replies in here so far. Compound movements are the best for this type of workout, so I should mention I'm doing a lot of isolation work (in what I posted) in order to fix imbalances, but I am adding compounds back in as I go.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart1776 View Post
    I do a 90 minute full-body workout 4x a week or strictly every other day, I do 9 sets of back, 9 sets of chest, and 6 sets of legs then 1x3 super set to end it with a cycle of biceps, triceps, and traps followed by 90 seconds rest then rinse repeat. I focus on lower volume, higher intensity, and steadily progressing each week in terms of total weight load. Sometimes the progression is more weight and some times the same weight with more reps each set depending on how I feel that workout.

    I've been progressing on this so far and when and if it starts to slow down I'll add more androgens/calories/ or skip a day for a week to let my body recover. Also so far it seems to be not enough so if I'm still moving and shaking two weeks down the road I plan on adding an additional 3 sets of chest, back, and legs, while also adding more accessory work to polish it off. The only body part that seems at risk of becoming a bottle neck is delts so I'm been avoiding overhead press for the time being but plan on adding it soon at two sets of moderate weight a going from there. Days off are abs and cardio both light intensity so they don't mess with recovery.
    I like your solution to slowed gains. More androgens!

    As a natty, I do twice a week training but occasionally break it into thrice a week with the same volume. Basically 64 sets a week per muscle group. arms/chest/back. Legs I do less volume (40 sets) Rep range for all muscle groups between 10-20. Can't say I ever feel burned out and progress is steady. but I do incorporate periodic deloads as a precaution. I don't notice a difference in terms of progress at 2x or 3x a week it just depends on convenience. At 1x a week I certainly don't progress nearly as well mind you.

  8. A article on the website came out this week on why you should train full body. Check the newsletter

  9. "There's no such thing as overtraining, just undereating and undersleeping" - Barbarian Brothers

  10. Quote Originally Posted by D3x View Post
    "There's no such thing as overtraining, just undereating and undersleeping" - Barbarian Brothers
    Agreed, and/or not enough adrogens!! lol

  11. Try being a kid on your grandparents farm.. or helping uncle's lay paving stones on a drive way.. or carrying bundles of shingles all day every day for a summer.. I didn't over train.. I didn't feel awesome.. but I got stronger and adapted over time.. overtraining is possible.. just not likely.. 90% of the time it's just an excuse to use so you can opt out of lifting heavier more frequently..

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Agreed, and/or not enough adrogens!! lol
    Overtraining can actually be more likely on gear if your a serious lifter. All the extra weight and extra sets I would do on cycle would make my workouts 10x harder. It's not the muscles that get over trained, it's the cns.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Overtraining can actually be more likely on gear if your a serious lifter. All the extra weight and extra sets I would do on cycle would make my workouts 10x harder. It's not the muscles that get over trained, it's the cns.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    John Broz has some decent reading that disputes overtraining even then.. the taxes cns just gets run down some while it makes more drastic adaptations to the massive stimuli's.. Bulgarian Oly lifters should be overtrained many times over through the years.. but they don't burn out their cns.. they keep going.. granted gear helps.. but still it's more about what you can bring yourself to bear on your body than it is about training yourself too hard
  14. Who trains Total Body 3x a week?


    Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Overtraining can actually be more likely on gear if your a serious lifter. All the extra weight and extra sets I would do on cycle would make my workouts 10x harder. It's not the muscles that get over trained, it's the cns.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    True but full body 3x a week workouts are never to failure. Itís always about the constant incremental changes in weight / constant steady progression instead of progressing by training to failure (overloading) once or twice a week.
  15. Who trains Total Body 3x a week?


    Quote Originally Posted by D3x View Post
    John Broz has some decent reading that disputes overtraining even then.. the taxes cns just gets run down some while it makes more drastic adaptations to the massive stimuli's.. Bulgarian Oly lifters should be overtrained many times over through the years.. but they don't burn out their cns.. they keep going.. granted gear helps.. but still it's more about what you can bring yourself to bear on your body than it is about training yourself too hard
    And even if the CNS gets taxed on gear, people supplement with cortisone (hydrocortisone) to help support the CNS.

    Itís what I do. I only back off if I fear injury.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    True but full body 3x a week workouts are never to failure. Itís always about the constant incremental changes in weight / constant steady progression instead of progressing by training to failure (overloading) once or twice a week.
    True full body? Theres no such thing other then training the full body.And that's exactly what I recommend him to do in my first post in this thread, a few sets of a given lift for a very body part so I'm not really sure what the point is. But there's no set way of doing full body so saying a true full body workout is this or that just is not realistic. Full body training is training the whole body regardless of how you do it. Some ways are obviously more intelligent than others

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
  17. Who trains Total Body 3x a week?


    Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    True full body? Theres no such thing other then training the full body.And that's exactly what I recommend him to do in my first post in this thread, a few sets of a given lift for a very body part so I'm not really sure what the point is. But there's no set way of doing full body so saying a true full body workout is this or that just is not realistic. Full body training is training the whole body regardless of how you do it. Some ways are obviously more intelligent than others

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    Ya I get you, Iím not arguing. There are several full body routines out there created by professionals. The one I know best is the HST (hypertrophy specific training) routine which very specifically says never train to failure. Fullbody routines are always about frequency and focus on simple incremental increases, strategic deconditioning and periodization, instead of overloading to failure or drop sets and super sets, which would prevent you from hitting the same group with frequency due to recovery time. Itís a totally different mindset and ballgame.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Ya I get you, Iím not arguing. There are several full body routines out there created by professionals. The one I know best is the HST (hypertrophy specific training) routine which very specifically says never train to failure. Fullbody routines are always about frequency instead of overloading to failure or drop sets, super sets, which would prevent you from hitting the same group with frequency due to recovery time. Itís a totally different mindset and ballgame.
    I'm not trying to argue either, soon as I posted that I realized I sounded like a dick lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

  19. T-nation source... Seems legit.. probably only works well if you use biotest product

  20. Here’s a PDF with detailed info on HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) Fullbody 3x a week (AM/PM split):
    https://www.lbs.co.il/LabTests/HST_Faq_book.pdf

    It's pretty detailed and for advanced lifters only imo

  21. Iíve used the routine off and on for years. Definitely works natty or enhanced. I make adjustments when running it while enhanced.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I'm not trying to argue either, soon as I posted that I realized I sounded like a dick lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    Nah no worries man

  23. Quote Originally Posted by D3x View Post
    T-nation source... Seems legit.. probably only works well if you use biotest product
    I heard people tend to use sarcasm when theyíre feeling insecure about something.

  24. I’m a big fan of whole body training. I break mine into:

    Bench/row/squat/accessory work

    Deadlift/OHP/Pull-ups/accessory work

    Monday/Wednesday/Friday

    For accessory work I do stuff for serratus anterior, lower traps, rhomboids, and maybe a couple sets of arms once a week.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ARA dosing train 3x a week
    By jcp2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 01:27 PM
  2. Full body, 3X/Week
    By JohnRock in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 12:47 AM
  3. Total body to split training and PH timing
    By gaijininjapan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
  4. Who trains at home?
    By Nelson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 11:47 PM
  5. Insurance Incentives For those who train?
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Log in
Log in