Cardio before or after lifting weights?

1. Cardio before or after lifting weights?

I like splitting cardio and weigh lifting into two separate workouts per day. For example, Iíll hit the track in the morning and hit the weights at night after work. My question is simple, is it better to lift weights in the morning & cardio at night or do the reverse?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Curiousmonkey View Post
    I like splitting cardio and weigh lifting into two separate workouts per day. For example, Iíll hit the track in the morning and hit the weights at night after work. My question is simple, is it better to lift weights in the morning & cardio at night or do the reverse?
    I always did my cardio in the morning fasted with the thought that it would burn more fat.

I like lifting later in the day after I had a few meals. My body is just not ready to lift in the morning.
    •   

3. I separate cardio no doubt . There's some research in an MD back in 2009 that indicted that cardio with weights , well muscles didnt grow as good. Dorian Yates referenced this study in a podcast

you can if you must , but I prefer it separate.
    www.millenniumsport.net MAY50 50 % off
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Great Physique fitness, facebook, online coaching

4. See I've never heard about that. I don't do a lot of cardio because I just naturally stay fairly skinny but I do 10 15 mins on the treadmill or eliptacal before my workout for 2 reasons. 1 I heard its good to get your blood level to a certain level before you lift and 2 I like to get out the gym and get some protein in me as soon as possible after lifting.

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I separate cardio no doubt . There's some research in an MD back in 2009 that indicted that cardio with weights , well muscles didnt grow as good. Dorian Yates referenced this study in a podcast

you can if you must , but I prefer it separate.
    Train by day joe rogan podcast by night
    •   

6. Jumping rope is great cardio. I do a 20-30 minute cardio session in the AM, then hit the weights in the PM after work.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cardio before or after lifting during cutting cycle?
    By McCoy1989 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 11:54 PM
  2. cardio before or after training?
    By packers6211 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 09:37 AM
  3. Cardio before or after workout for fat loss
    By jays23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 08:48 PM
  4. Cardio Before and After Lifting