My routine... (Undertraining?)

iwannagetbig

Board Supporter
Awards
First off, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Nick and I am a 21 one year old college student and resident of Dundalk, Maryland. I used to spend alot of time at BB.com, but I've searched around a couple other boards and decided the knowledge here to be much greater.

Ive been training on and off for around two years. I took practically the entire winter off (why, I have no Idea. Lazy?) This summer I'm basically trying to get back into the rhythm of things.

Goals (for this summer): Maintain/Cut a few pounds/Bf%. Mostly prep for my winter bulk.

Stats: 5ft10in, 170lbs, apox 13-14% bf (pure guess, probably a little on the high side).

Routine:

Monday (Legs):
Squats 3 x 6-8
Leg Ext. 3 x 6-8
Leg Curls 3 x 6-8
Stiff Leg DL 3 x 6-8
Seat. Calf 3 x 6-8
Donkey Calf 3 x 6-8

Tuesday: Off

Wed (Chest, Tri's, Shoulder's):
Incline DB Bench 3 x 6-8
Decline DB Bench 3 x 6-8
Skull's 3 x 6-8
One Arm Pushdown 3 x 6-8
DB Shoulder Press 3 x 6-8
BB Upright Row 3x x 6-8

Thursday (Cardio): 45 min's low intensity cardio.

Friday (Back and Bi's):

DL 3 x 6-8
Wide Grip BB Row 3 x 6-8
Lat Pulldown 3 x 6-8
Seated Cable Row 3 x 6-8
Easy Curl 3 x 6-8
Alt. DB Curl 3 x 6-8

Sat&Sunday: Off

My questions

1. Am I undertraining?
2. My weakest areas include: Arms and Calves. Any suggestions?
3. For my goals what would you recommend my macronutrient and caloric breakdown be? (Carbs/Protien/Fat/Calories)
4. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

:)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Do more cardio if wanna cut, maybe 4 times a week and see how you do with that. I don't like training back with biceps. I'd increase volume a little and decrease rest between sets to make workouts more productive. 6 total sets a week for some muscles is not enough. The usual macro breakdown is 40 protein, 40 carbs, 20 fats. You can change this if you're competing or trying to reach very low BF levels but that'll be good for now. I also like chin ups and dips so you may wanna experiment with those

iwannagetbig

Board Supporter
Awards
Whoops. Forgot my bi. routine on friday.

Easy Curl 3 x 6-8
Alt. DB Curl 3 x 6-8