Ideal training routine for a guy who is still growing taller? Help please

natezerener

Awards
Hey guys,

My t levels are pretty suboptimal and I'm getting pretty depressed lately

So I want to start weightlifting because I want to maximize my bone growth both for density and vertical growth before its too late, and I want to get the hell out of depression state

What is the ideal weightlifting routine for maximizing growth hormone while not losing more gh to muscle repair? Is it high rep low volume? Is it 5x5? I'm not really knowledgable about the aspect of growth and weightlifting/bodybuilding relation so I really need your opinions about what would be the ideal program for a young guy who is still growing taller

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would personally do heavier weight less reps as that is gonna build strength but will Also build muscle. And if you are still growing I would avoid any heavy over head press movements and heavy squats. As those can effect your spine in a negative way

natezerener

Awards
I would personally do heavier weight less reps as that is gonna build strength but will Also build muscle. And if you are still growing I would avoid any heavy over head press movements and heavy squats. As those can effect your spine in a negative way
So I guess I can follow a newbie powerlifting routine right? Without any heavy movements that can affect my spine

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ya that should be fine. Can you still squat and over head press just don’t do them to heavy and with good form

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you guys retarded, there's no special lifting routine for someone still growing, I highly doubt you will be lifting something heavy enough to compress your spine and stunt your growth. Work out the same as every1 else. If your pretty new to this I would go full body. Look up milk and squats routine or 20 rep squats routine.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How old are you? How long have you been feeling depressed? Feel free to PM me if ya just wna bounce around ideas.