Are we doing it all wrong

irone93

irone93

Awards
  • Established
The best progress I have ever had was when I was 13. I knew zero about training and would curl 8lbs dumbbells all day while I watched TV. I did curls about 6 hrs a day everyday. My arms went from skinny noodles to something respectable.

If we evolved to adapt to stress wouldn't light weights with high frequency be more in keeping with natural stresses? Workers don't get a day off to recover yet trash truck drivers adjust lifting weight for 8 hours a day. Are we to smart for our own good? The more I know the less I seem to grow. Any thoughts?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best progress I have ever had was when I was 13. I knew zero about training and would curl 8lbs dumbbells all day while I watched TV. I did curls about 6 hrs a day everyday. My arms went from skinny noodles to something respectable.

If we evolved to adapt to stress wouldn't light weights with high frequency be more in keeping with natural stresses? Workers don't get a day off to recover yet trash truck drivers adjust lifting weight for 8 hours a day. Are we to smart for our own good? The more I know the less I seem to grow. Any thoughts?
People who have adapted to light weight stressors don't look like yolked gorillas.
I want to look like a yolked gorillas.
So adapting to lighter stressors may look more natural.
Definetely going for more than the natural look.
Not that there is anything wrong with natties.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
light weights aren't going to build much muscle. Will they build some? sure, I wish i did them starting at 12 years old

pro45

Awards
Warmup on the leg press doing sets of 10 until you can't get 10 reps anymore. Then do a strip set going to failure on each set, taking a plate off each side until you are left with just the empty foot sled. Use different foot positions on each set. Then do leg curls R/P style for three sets to failure.

Go home and eat.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Warmup on the leg press doing sets of 10 until you can't get 10 reps anymore. Then do a strip set going to failure on each set, taking a plate off each side until you are left with just the empty foot sled. Use different foot positions on each set. Then do leg curls R/P style for three sets to failure.

Go home and eat.
What the hell does that have to do with anything lol