Blood-flow restriction

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried this on arms? Or any other body part really. If so, what were the results? Was it beneficial?

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I put a scrunchie around my **** and balls sometimes. It feels great.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive tried it, on arms, quads and calves. Pretty intense. I feel it did nothing really for growth

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have also been thinking about buying a pair of BFR Bands !

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Biggest that my legs have ever been was when I started every session with a 100 rep set of occluded leg press.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
The Biggest that my legs have ever been was when I started every session with a 100 rep set of occluded leg press.
Was the size maintainable or did you lose it after you stopped doing occlusion training?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely didn't maintain it all. They were 26's at the time and are now pushing to get 25.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I definitely didn't maintain it all. They were 26's at the time and are now pushing to get 25.
Any of it able to maintain? I hear about people hitting a certain body part everyday and it grows but as soon as they stop it goes back to its former size. Wonder if its the same thing with this

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BFR Brand is the one I was looking at.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any of it able to maintain? I hear about people hitting a certain body part everyday and it grows but as soon as they stop it goes back to its former size. Wonder if its the same thing with this
I think that it is more a matter of increasing mitochondrial density. Sry I meant to type capillary density.

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BFR Brand is the one I was looking at.
I tried the BFR before and I couldn't seem to get them tight enough on my arm, plus they pinched the skin. Just use knee wraps, cheaper and more effective IMO.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I tried the BFR before and I couldn't seem to get them tight enough on my arm, plus they pinched the skin. Just use knee wraps, cheaper and more effective IMO.
Thanks for saving me money !!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lee priest had a intereview where he said there pointless, he said there's a reason why you don't see pros using them and the ones who have tried end up going back to normal training.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lee priest had a intereview where he said there pointless, he said there's a reason why you don't see pros using them and the ones who have tried end up going back to normal training.
Good point

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
I use them for arm training pump is insane the best part is u don't have to go heavy I bother with tendonitis in my left elbow I can push for days but when I curl it kills me the bfr bands help out alot

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use them for arm training pump is insane the best part is u don't have to go heavy I bother with tendonitis in my left elbow I can push for days but when I curl it kills me the bfr bands help out alot
Thank you!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you feel the light weight and occlusion training helps keeps arm size good?

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
do you feel the light weight and occlusion training helps keeps arm size good?
I think so I've noticed more vascularity that's for sure

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its been like ten years since I did this. for biceps its like this right?

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Nope. I ve had a bicep injury for a year and a half now and havent been able to go past a certain weight on my left bicep
I was gonna say dam vein city, bfr training should work great for u then with the injury