AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this is subjective on many factors, but what would you estimate the greatest number of a natural to do for each body part following a PPL routine (hitting each muscle group twice per week)?

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
PPL ?

3-4 sets on 2-3 different exercises seems to be good for me

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this is subjective on many factors, but what would you estimate the greatest number of a natural to do for each body part following a PPL routine (hitting each muscle group twice per week)?
Mike Israel did a great video about hypertrophy.
Talking about a hypertrophy meso cycle you should do the very least amount of sets possible that satisfy growth.
Each micro cycle you do a little more sets with a little more reps
So the first micro cycle you do 3 sets of 10 on bench press
You do those same 3 sets of 10 twice a week for 4 weeks
Then you deload on week 5
And start all over.
But the next micro cycle you do 4 sets of 12 or add weight to the 3 sets of 10.
That's a very watered down version of the video.
Google=Mike Israel hypertrophy

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer to do about 6-9 working sets (not including warmup) each muscle group for two times a week.

Right now, I’m doing a workout that consists of week A and week B. Week A consists of workout A , A2 and workout B, B2

Week B consists of straight push, pull, legs then my 4th day is week point training. I choose to hit whatever I want with any rep range. Or strictly cardio day.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
About ten sets per muscle group. After a set or two of warmups before the first exercise all set are work sets to failure. Never been a high volume guy and completed in about an hour. Hit everything once every 5 days.

Zombocalypse

Zombocalypse

Awards
I've had decent success with 10 sets a week per body part for ONE type of exercise. But it was a once-a-week frequency so I'm not sure if it'll be the same with twice a week. lol. Sorry about that.