Is there some rule that once people get married the majority lose interest in the gym

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by irone93 View Post
    Women get jealous about everything including the gym
    My wife makes sure i get to the gym, eat right, sleep enough, have enough oral sex, makes sandwiches and reminds me to inject my trenbolone...and knows I see and ponder every single piece of ass 8 to 80 for a second or one hundred and that I'm coming home to the good ****.

...anybody...?
    Hello...?

2. I dropped all people in my life who said "Man you make me feel bad about eating a cheeseburger."

Not my fault you are a fat **** who can't control himself enough to live a healthy lifestyle. Give me a break fat tub of ****s is all I can say who don't have what it takes to make healthier lifestyle choices.
    •   

3. My wife and I train together... she is as much a bodybuilder as I am. We love it
    MUSCLE IS MOVEMENT...MOVEMENT IS LIFE

4. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    WTF? As I get older I witness this time and time again. Two people once who loved the gym just absolutely stop going once they are married. Its like a complete 180. Is there some rule they live by that once they get married the gym does not exist anymore? Its just weird to me. Do most people just lose motivation of going to the gym once they tie the knot? Gain interest in other things that are involved when married?

I don't know how a person can go from going to the gym every day to just not giving a **** about it cause they are now married.
    You don't display your age, so I'd be curious to know what your background is... you might be lacking some perspective.

I am one of those guys who dropped from 240lbs to an absolutely shredded 183. I held on to 6 pack abs for about 6 years, which I figured would be more like a month of leanness followed by a month of so so. its hard to maintain ultra lean levels.

At 30 I went to work (sometimes the gym before), worked pretty hard, made good money. Came home and went to the gym. I was in the gym 6 days a week, but usually that meant 6-9 sessions. I earned many certifications, competed in various events, and coached for years. My commute time was a total of about an hour a day, or 5 hours a week.

Fast forward to age 35: Life has changed substantially. I have the same job but it's grown substantially and I'm extremely mentally taxed. My job is exhausting. However I have to maintain the course because the now spousal support payments I have to make are ridiculously high and about half my income. My commute is about 2 hours a day, most days. on Wednesdays It's about 4. so my 5 hours per week of driving has become 15-17.

that's 10-12 hours a week of free time that I used to spend in the gym per week now gone into driving. add to that my job is far more taxing than it was and when I do make it to the gym, it's an hour later than it used to be and I'm far more tired.

the exhaustion comes from yes: longer days. Add to that, I'm not getting any younger. Add to that, extreme new stresses in life I'm not used to and haven't developed the tools for. both in life and family.

now with my new lady, we have four kids between us. My boy is now in basketball, baseball, and violin concerts. so some weeks I have to drive from work to violin, or work to basketball. then an hour long drive to get home for dinner. by then it is 9:30.

I'll give you an example of a typical day, yesterday was Thursday:

alarm clock went off at 4:30am. I showered, had coffee with my lady. Drove to work one hour.
    had breakfast at work around 7:00. did my work thing.
    Left work at about 5:30 to race to my boys violin concert. commute about 45 minutes
    left the concert after it was done, about 7:30. Got home about 8:30. commute about 1 hour
    had a brief snack then had to run back out the door to pick up our twin girls from a movie premier (it was a birthday thing).
    finally back home around 10:15pm.
    In bed about 10:30pm.
    Alarm goes off again today at 4:30pm.
    Total sleep time, only 6 hours. no time for gym. Not good for recovery, lifting or anything.

every single day she and I text all day about our dream to own our own gym. whether it be at home or start a business so that we can center our life 100% around the gym but as you can see from the daily schedule I posted above that your perspective is a little skewed. We haven't intentionally quit, and if you see my log I get in as often as I can but we have jobs, commutes, four kids, and family that demand a lot of time.

I can't say sorry son, I'm not going to make your baseball game or violin concert tonight because I'll be at the gym. Sorry daughter, I can't pick you up from Piano practice tonight because i'll be at the gym. Sorry boss, I won't be into work today because I only got 6 hours of sleep and need to hit the gym.

5. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    I dropped all people in my life who said "Man you make me feel bad about eating a cheeseburger."

Not my fault you are a fat **** who can't control himself enough to live a healthy lifestyle. Give me a break fat tub of ****s is all I can say who don't have what it takes to make healthier lifestyle choices.
    This I agree with. We try to make dates a very important and regular part of our life because to us it's an important part of connecting. That's our alone adult time when we don't have 4 kids glued to us and we aren't on the couch. that time is our "us" time. But what we consider a "cheat" is usually us sharing a chicken salad without dressing and a glass of wine. or when our favorite restaurant has their thursday nights steak special we might order that with veggies and our wine, but we always share one dish together.

every single morning we make the same breakfast pretty much of egg whites for her, egg whites mixed with real eggs, and rice for me. every day we prepare salads for the following days lunch that are clean, lean, include a balance of carbs and lean meats. and we grill chicken probably 3 times a week, trying to mix in fish and red meat about once a week each as well.

so even though our schedules have made the gym super challenging to get to, we have maintained our nutritional habits pretty well and the kids eat the same way since we do the cooking.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by franks009 View Post
    You only got 1 life, and let me tell you buddy you aint living it. Once your old you will have so many regrets. Like why did i just stay at home and go to the gym when i could have visited so many places and tried new things. Im sure your girl would be alot happier if you did. If she is happy with you now shes prob cheating on you lol

There's some truth to this. We finally escaped to Kauai last month. My first real vacation in years. we both packed our gym gear with plans to go 2-3 times while we were there but we didn't go once. We ate fine foods (although responsibly. we didn't eat cheeseburgers every day) we went paddleboarding, and had two really beautiful and long hikes. explored the island, drank wine on the beach and had an amazing time.

I'd do anything almost to build my life around the gym a bit more again like it used to be, but at the same time there is a lot of life to be lived. the key is balance, if you can find it.

7. I've been lucky enough to be able to do things such as go to the gym all I want and focus on myself more so than the average person because I come from a father who owns his own business. Which I now am involved in pretty heavily and will be in charge once he retires. There are perks I get that I never would be able to get away with if I was working for a stranger. Not many people have that luxury. But I still feel that people can make better lifestyle choices and put a little extra effort in how they eat. With all the gyms now offering 10 dollar a month gym memberships and the corporations out there that have their own gym in their facilities, there really is not an excuse not to live healthy. You can still enjoy things like pizza and burgers in moderation. Even a beer or two or couple of vodkas after a hot day on a Friday is not gonna do any harm. As long as you don't mix it with a bunch of crap and are not a daily drinker.

8. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    I've been lucky enough to be able to do things such as go to the gym all I want because I come from a father who owns his own business. Which I now am involved in pretty heavily and will be in charge once he retires. Not many people have that luxury. But I still feel that people can make better lifestyle choices and put a little extra effort in how they eat. With all the gyms now offering 10 dollar a month gym memberships and the corporations out there that have their own gym in their facilities, there really is not an excuse not to live healthy. You can still enjoy things like pizza and burgers in moderation. Even a beer or two or couple of vodkas after a hot day on a Friday is not gonna do any harm. As long as you don't mix it with a bunch of crap and are not a daily drinker.
    My dad and I started our business in 2002. Lots of free time the first 5 years. some more free time the next 5 years. Now we have 60 employees and the business is extremely demanding.

I have 2 gym memberships. One that is close to my office for the days that it makes sense, and one that is close to home for weekends and when it makes sense.

I don't think anyone could accuse me of not making it a priority. but in the end of the day, kids and bills have to come first. followed by those measly 4-6hrs of sleep.

9. Been married 3 years but with my wife for 10. Gym the last 6 years full time so I actually didn't get seriously invested until after being with the wife a while.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    My dad and I started our business in 2002. Lots of free time the first 5 years. some more free time the next 5 years. Now we have 60 employees and the business is extremely demanding.

I have 2 gym memberships. One that is close to my office for the days that it makes sense, and one that is close to home for weekends and when it makes sense.

I don't think anyone could accuse me of not making it a priority. but in the end of the day, kids and bills have to come first. followed by those measly 4-6hrs of sleep.
    Yes I agree. I am child free so thats another reason I have the time I do compared to yourself. I know you wouldn't have it any other way though. Because one day when you are older you are gonna look back and it will prove your life was worthwhile. Much more so than the gym.

11. I workout all i want when i want twice a day sometime. Wife did does doesnt...dont care. Its my thing. I don't share it with you him her of anyone. None are worthy of my space.

I have two grandkids and raised 3 kids. I eat pizza and ics cream drink beer and soda regularly. My physique is the result of a balance hard work lifestyle not an elitist patronizing condescending pampered one. Im at the gym by 4:30 am 5 days and two or three on weekends sometimes and always alone for 15 yrs.

If anyone give me crap I simply show them my screen shot with one hand and grab for the hem of my shirt with thd other to give them a look...if they like.

Im 52yo....
    Name:  IMG950773.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  268.8 KB
    ...post yours.

12. I prep food for myself that my wife buys just for me for last 15 yrs or more. I eat what i want and she eats what she wants. I don't care what she eats. I pack weeks of food to work. She eats from a bag at desk...

Heres my food...
    Name:  0211182030.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  850.8 KB
    ...wheres yours.

13. Heres a shot of the clean clothes my wife washed for me while i was at the gym by myself and eating the food she made for me while she ate **** from a bag and didnt workout at alll...Attachment 160239
    ...and i didn't care because we both looked great when we went to that concert and drank that alcohol and ate that crap food...we ducked like i was 18 and in love that night but thats probably because we dont share fitness or its the tren then thats for the anti tren thread.

Edit: shes is literally in the kitchen behind that wall eating a box of macaroni and cheese as i took that shot. Its not for me but she gave me kids shes gorgeous i love her ass brings tears to my eyes and the pussey is pristine...except for the poor fitness issue shes a keeper...im a settler like that.

14. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Heres a shot of the clean clothes my wife washed for me while i was at the gym by myself and eating the food she made for me while she ate **** from a bag and didnt workout at alll...Attachment 160239
    ...and i didn't care because we both looked great when we went to that concert and drank that alcohol and ate that crap food...we ducked like i was 18 and in love that night but thats probably because we dont share fitness or its the tren then thats for the anti tren thread.

Edit: shes is literally in the kitchen behind that wall eating a box of macaroni and cheese as i took that shot. Its not for me but she gave me kids shes gorgeous i love her ass brings tears to my eyes and the pussey is pristine...except for the poor fitness issue shes a keeper...im a settler like that.
    You may very well be the most romantic man in the world and definitely my hero. I'm going to tell my girl these exact words tonight.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    You may very well be the most romantic man in the world and definitely my hero. I'm going to tell my girl these exact words tonight.
    not sure if serious but every word is true less of course the crude and callus words.

She wants it exactly as it is and makes sure i get all the gym i want and then still...all tbe above. Thats the compatibility im talkibg about. You wont grow from the gym without the proper food and rest and recreation outside the gym and neither will a relationship.

16. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    not sure if serious but every word is true less of course the crude and callus words.

She wants it exactly as it is and makes sure i get all the gym i want and then still...all tbe above. Thats the compatibility im talkibg about. You wont grow from the gym without the proper food and rest and recreation outside the gym and neither will a relationship.
    I was poking fun at the romance but I do plan to use the words anyways. My girl likes to know how much I desire her even if I'm a bit crude at times

17. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    I was poking fun at the romance but I do plan to use the words anyways. My girl likes to know how much I desire her even if I'm a bit crude at times
    Keep it real. I can romance the pants off her but if it works...

...i adore her for all to see

18. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    I dropped all people in my life who said "Man you make me feel bad about eating a cheeseburger."

I eat cheeseburgers and fries on a semi regular basis. I just had lab work done and my cholesterol and lipids were on the lower end of the spectrum. My BP is fine. I'm 5'11, 185 with a 29" waist.

Please tell me how eating cheeseburgers makes me an unhealthy fat tub of ****.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I eat cheeseburgers and fries on a semi regular basis. I just had lab work done and my cholesterol and lipids were on the lower end of the spectrum. My BP is fine. I'm 5'11, 185 with a 29" waist.

Please tell me how eating cheeseburgers makes me an unhealthy fat tub of ****.
    This does not fit stereotype...this does not compute...IGNORE

20. It's destroy mine and my family's health night...
    Name:  0216181725.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  802.2 KB

21. Stats...my favorite.
    5'9" 190lbs
    Chol 150's
    Fasted BS is in the 80's
    BP 120/70 unconditioned </=115/65 conditioned.
    RHR <60BPM unconditioned <50BPM conditioned.

Im off to thr kitchen for another slice and waiting on a Costco Chicken Bake and Ice Cream. My nonfitness minded pig is out doing what I told her to do....

22. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Stats...my favorite.
    5'9" 190lbs
    Chol 150's
    Fasted BS is in the 80's
    BP 120/70 unconditioned </=115/65 conditioned.
    RHR <60BPM unconditioned <50BPM conditioned.

Im off to thr kitchen for another slice and waiting on a Costco Chicken Bake and Ice Cream. My nonfitness minded pig is out doing what I told her to do....
    Yummmmm.... chicken bake....
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

23. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    So if u value ur health more then ur marriage, I'm guessing u are not willing to die for her if that time ever rises?
    CHECK FUCXING MATE. Selfishness exposed

24. Costco chicken bake

25. I shared my chicken bake but ate my frozen yogurt and most of another. One of them is going to be pissed at the empty cup I left on the counter last night.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a supplement that get you motivated?
    By healthychaser in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 08:57 PM
  2. is there any prohormones that are good for tendons
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:55 PM
  3. Is there a supplement that helps before a long run?
    By vinnys025 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 11:11 PM
  5. Is there any PH that works well for women?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 05:48 PM