Is there some rule that once people get married the majority lose interest in the gym

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    What is your age?
    Older than 21, younger than 40.

2. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Older than 21, younger than 40.
    You know if you have to claim you are [insert title] then well there is something lacking there.

Usually it is a maturity issue.

It is ok.

We all tend to get wiser or worse as we age.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Exactly right and the goal that I focus on to attain and to have is bodyfat in the single digits. Being "Fit" Is settling for average. No thanks! I have always been an etremist with everything I have gained an interest in and I say why settle for blending in with so many others? This same mindset is why when I was young I would do a half ounce of blow a night instead of a line or two. Or dropping five pills of XTC in one night! I thank myself everyday for using that energy now to be in the best possible shape I can be instead of partying. I rarely consume alcohol unless its a glass of red dry wine. There is no point further than that considering my goals and my current lifestyle. Being considered fit is not fun to me nor enough of a challenge. For those that are happy with that well I guess they will just never be me. Thats life. Have fun being "Fit" and going out on the weekends and ****ing off. I'll stick to being hardcore in the gym when it comes to that lifestyle which consists of diet and training. Perfect example.......There's this guy I See every morning at the gym, his physique never changes! He goes to the gym everday in the morning and many would consider him fit. Even though by looking at him a real serious gym junky would know he is just a hamster running on a treadmill cause he doesn't do the things that need to be done to stand out and be serious. I'll tell you one thing too, these guys you see who are happy being "Fit" ? Its their wives and gf's who stare at me across the gym and get wet while their husbands give me dirty looks. While I just sit there with a smile on my face knowing all eyes on me mother****er! Your wife wants to blow me how does it feel knowing that? Not my fault you have settled for an average physique and enjoy drinking and eating like ****! Thats the way I role! My motivation lies in my mind to get better each and everyday than anyone else! I am straight ALPHA and thats how it will be now and always.
    Do you actually believe the bull**** that comes out of your mouth? You contradict yourself in almost every post.

You're not an alpha. You're definitely a beta boy.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Exactly right and the goal that I focus on to attain and to have is bodyfat in the single digits. Being "Fit" Is settling for average. No thanks! I have always been an etremist with everything I have gained an interest in and I say why settle for blending in with so many others? This same mindset is why when I was young I would do a half ounce of blow a night instead of a line or two. Or dropping five pills of XTC in one night! I thank myself everyday for using that energy now to be in the best possible shape I can be instead of partying. I rarely consume alcohol unless its a glass of red dry wine. There is no point further than that considering my goals and my current lifestyle. Being considered fit is not fun to me nor enough of a challenge. For those that are happy with that well I guess they will just never be me. Thats life. Have fun being "Fit" and going out on the weekends and ****ing off. I'll stick to being hardcore in the gym when it comes to that lifestyle which consists of diet and training. Perfect example.......There's this guy I See every morning at the gym, his physique never changes! He goes to the gym everday in the morning and many would consider him fit. Even though by looking at him a real serious gym junky would know he is just a hamster running on a treadmill cause he doesn't do the things that need to be done to stand out and be serious. I'll tell you one thing too, these guys you see who are happy being "Fit" ? Its their wives and gf's who stare at me across the gym and get wet while their husbands give me dirty looks. While I just sit there with a smile on my face knowing all eyes on me mother****er! Your wife wants to blow me how does it feel knowing that? Not my fault you have settled for an average physique and enjoy drinking and eating like ****! Thats the way I role! My motivation lies in my mind to get better each and everyday than anyone else! I am straight ALPHA and thats how it will be now and always.
    Ok....SFTU already! You're girlfriend says you cry when you cum and it makes her feel alpha female.

You are what's wrong....period!

5. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    What is your age?
    14yr old troll is my guess
    •   

6. You only got 1 life, and let me tell you buddy you aint living it. Once your old you will have so many regrets. Like why did i just stay at home and go to the gym when i could have visited so many places and tried new things. Im sure your girl would be alot happier if you did. If she is happy with you now shes prob cheating on you lol

7. And those people at the gym are staring at you cause when u leave they laugh because u have no life and they are prob doggin ur girl when ur always at the gym

8. You should read some Nietzsche, OP, and go full potato with your cliches and stereotyping.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    You should read some Nietzsche, OP, and go full potato with your cliches and stereotyping.
    Hahahaha. I have a bust of Napoleon which was gifted to me when I was younger because I was such an arse. (the stereotype Nietzsche lover) Loads of Test. and Mojo and immaturity make one act foolish sometimes. I am glad my youth was pre-Internet so there are no reminders of my indiscreet outbursts.

10. as a few others here mentioned I think a lot of it has to do with priorities. I would say kids being the biggest priority can really cut into someone's gym time heavily. mix that with sharing your life with someone and it can be difficult to find time for the gym. I think though a lot of it has to do too with how dedicated one is to his/her training because there are a lot of gym goers that are at the gym just to be there and don't take their training seriously but even for the most dedicated it can be rough to find time to lift sometimes. I think if someone is a serious lifter/gym goer they need to make their partner understand how important it is to them and if their partner cant accept that then it may be time to make an ultimatum lol. on a side note this reason exactly is why I don't want kids. i'm afraid they would cut into my lifting too much but hey kids aren't for everyone lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Hahahaha. I have a bust of Napoleon which was gifted to me when I was younger because I was such an arse. (the stereotype Nietzsche lover) Loads of Test. and Mojo and immaturity make one act foolish sometimes. I am glad my youth was pre-Internet so there are no reminders of my indiscreet outbursts.
    remember when you embarrased your parents in front of family or a neighbor or even community but now our kids embarrass us for the whole world to see...

...i hope you're watching mom

12. Quote Originally Posted by lift9 View Post
    as a few others here mentioned I think a lot of it has to do with priorities. I would say kids being the biggest priority can really cut into someone's gym time heavily. mix that with sharing your life with someone and it can be difficult to find time for the gym. I think though a lot of it has to do too with how dedicated one is to his/her training because there are a lot of gym goers that are at the gym just to be there and don't take their training seriously but even for the most dedicated it can be rough to find time to lift sometimes. I think if someone is a serious lifter/gym goer they need to make their partner understand how important it is to them and if their partner cant accept that then it may be time to make an ultimatum lol. on a side note this reason exactly is why I don't want kids. i'm afraid they would cut into my lifting too much but hey kids aren't for everyone lol
    That would explain why so many stop going once they get married. Their entire motivation and purpose for the gym ended once they settled down. When they were young, wild and single they wanted to hit the gym hard and then go out and pick up chicks. They weren’t in it for anything else.

13. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    That would explain why so many stop going once they get married. Their entire motivation and purpose for the gym ended once they settled down. When they were young, wild and single they wanted to hit the gym hard and then go out and pick up chicks. They weren’t in it for anything else.
    Ohhhh I get it, you think youre Tyler Durden yeah?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Ohhhh I get it, you think youre Tyler Durden yeah?
    No but the previous statement makes sense. Get married , pop out a couple kids. Where th **** is the motivation anymore for most these people? They aren’t 21 and trying to pick up chicks.

15. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    No but the previous statement makes sense. Get married , pop out a couple kids. Where th **** is the motivation anymore for most these people? They aren’t 21 and trying to pick up chicks.
    Well assumably their motivation is their genetic and financial futures, at least in part. Thats what tends to happen, its in our nature to do so, and our cultures/communities are geared towards assisting that inclination. I dont see why it should be derided though. It is possible, afterall, to diversify your interests as you age and not focus solely on the mirror.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Well assumably their motivation is their genetic and financial futures, at least in part. Thats what tends to happen, its in our nature to do so, and our cultures/communities are geared towards assisting that inclination. I dont see why it should be derided though. It is possible, afterall, to diversify your interests as you age and not focus solely on the mirror.
    Its amazing to me really when I think about how the people that used to hit the gym hard back 17 - 18 years ago, you can't get them to the gym anymore. They were all about it and now its like "I'd much rather go drink beer and eat pizza with my buddies instead."

Burned out do you think? Or just content that at their age you don't have to impress anyone anymore? The nightlife scene is over for them so why go to the gym.

17. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Its amazing to me really when I think about how the people that used to hit the gym hard back 17 - 18 years ago, you can't get them to the gym anymore. They were all about it and now its like "I'd much rather go drink beer and eat pizza with my buddies instead."

Burned out do you think? Or just content that at their age you don't have to impress anyone anymore? The nightlife scene is over for them so why go to the gym.
    OR... OR!!!! And stay with me here. Maybe as they got older, they got more comfortably with themselves and didn't need to prioritize the gym to have any self worth or self confidence.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    OR... OR!!!! And stay with me here. Maybe as they got older, they got more comfortably with themselves and didn't need to prioritize the gym to have any self worth or self confidence.
    Ok and I'm going to give you the pleasure of explaining to us why that was so important to them when they were in their early 20's compared to today. Thanks Woody

19. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    This is interesting.......you mean that they no longer feel a need to smash themselves in the gym, shaping their idea of the perfect physique, in a bid to cover their own insecurities and probable closet homosexual feelings?

20. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Ok and I'm going to give you the pleasure of explaining to us why that was so important to them when they were in their early 20's compared to today. Thanks Woody
    Seriously...Woody!

Are you telling me that investing in other people and yourself in areas outside of fitness are people worth the air we breath?

Your lack of that hardcore edge is very unbecoming.

21. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post

See, when you post stuff like this I think of Heyboy. You Heyboy? You both seem(ed) to have this quasi-Socratic posting style that is about as genuine as Rich Pianas triceps.

22. Lmao you guys are funny as ****!!!!

23. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    In that first year it is setting up life with wifey and working on making babies. Unless she was a gym goer. The second year there were some gym outings. More third year. Nothing like prior to being married because your life is no longer your own and that means free time as well.

Divorced now and GF is a dedicated gym goer. So it is like prior to being married. Actually worse, as I have to go to the gym when she goes. Never let your woman go to the gym alone. You know what I refer to.
    If you can't trust your girl to go to the gym alone then you need a new girl

24. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    No. But your threads make me lose interest in living. Seriously. One minute living my entire life and next minute not living at all.

25. Women get jealous about everything including the gym
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a supplement that get you motivated?
    By healthychaser in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 08:57 PM
  2. is there any prohormones that are good for tendons
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:55 PM
  3. Is there a supplement that helps before a long run?
    By vinnys025 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 11:11 PM
  5. Is there any PH that works well for women?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 05:48 PM