The Zercher Squat, tried it?

1. The Zercher Squat, tried it?

Anybody do these regularly? Can you give me your feedback on them versus say normal squat or front squat?

2. Quote Originally Posted by jbatts77 View Post
    Anybody do these regularly? Can you give me your feedback on them versus say normal squat or front squat?
    I do them occasionally, but prefer both front and back squats over zerchers.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jbatts77 View Post
    Itís just another variation. I tend to stay more technical on form with this but form will always breakdown with heavier loads. That being said my firefighters enjoy it and at can have a better transfer for them in reality. Itís doesnít replace anything but is a decent addition.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

4. Thanks. I think front squats are the best hands down unless you are a form nazi.

5. Front squats are definitely one of my favorites. It still amazes me how much a day of heavy front squats torches your core. I'm fairly quad dominant though, so front squats come a bit more naturally to me than back squats. I do always enjoy seeing someone zercher squat, simply since it's such a rarity.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jh1 View Post
    Front squats are definitely one of my favorites. It still amazes me how much a day of heavy front squats torches your core. I'm fairly quad dominant though, so front squats come a bit more naturally to me than back squats. I do always enjoy seeing someone zercher squat, simply since it's such a rarity.
    Your back will thank you later.

7. I switch between Front SQT and Z SQT every few cycles. But I use them more for building then strength (3x10reps).

8. Ive done them. No Thanks, squats, or a machine like the hack , leg press, smith works best for me
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

9. I'm going to try them since front squat mobility isn't happening.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Vic_MD View Post
    I'm going to try them since front squat mobility isn't happening.
    I would start at 30% of ur back SQT....your arms will thank you later

11. Oh I'll start it from scratch...just the bare bar at first. Better to work on form before adding weight.

12. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    I would start at 30% of ur back SQT....your arms will thank you later
    thats why I didnt like it. Too much stress on arms holding it. Much better exercises out there. Give it a shot though

13. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    thats why I didnt like it. Too much stress on arms holding it. Much better exercises out there. Give it a shot though
    For BB lifting u sir are right. But for PL and strongman they do help build the upper and mid back....that's why I use them off and on

14. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    For BB lifting u sir are right. But for PL and strongman they do help build the upper and mid back....that's why I use them off and on
    had no idea they built the back it doesn't surprise me though. I used them solely for quads back over a decade ago. I went though a phase where that was my primary quad exercise. It was fun, but when i started getting up in weight I found a hack squat machines much easier and can move much more weight this way lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    had no idea they built the back it doesn't surprise me though. I used them solely for quads back over a decade ago. I went though a phase where that was my primary quad exercise. It was fun, but when i started getting up in weight I found a hack squat machines much easier and can move much more weight this way lol
    For the back it forces you to keep your upper back tight and shoulder blades pinched hard....if not your upper back will cave in and you will pitch forward on the SQT....that's why I go light'ish 40-50% for 5 sets of 10.....just to get more back work.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Orange Mango Re-Con! Be One of the First To Try It.
    By pmiller383 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM
  2. The New Animal Test, anybody try it?
    By DRAKE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 05:03 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:12 AM
  4. "The Ultimate Cycle", Anyone try it?
    By Jim Mills in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18